Home » Literary works » Novel / Chapter » Technology

Out Into The City (Chapter 2)

by Briely

Chapter 2 Business Man

Harle waited in the library tell the meeting was over. She was glad that at least one part of it had stayed the same. Corsy decided he wanted a library of computers instead of book. Harle argued for weeks with him tell he finally came up with an agreement. Now half of the library was filled with books, while the other half with computers. It was peaceful for Harle, the only place she could really feel like she wasn't here. The doorbell rang on the other side of the room and Bon answered. A old man stood there, he talked quietly so Harle got closer so she could here.

“The robots” he responded.

The little robot shook his small head “yes, Corsy is our master”.

“May I speak with him?” the man asked.

Bon let the man through, “he’s in the last room to the right just down that hallway” he pointed with his metale finger.

When the man passed by he turned toward Harle, she hid behind the wall. Bon stood there for a minute then walked away. Harle let out a sad sound, it was like a sob.

After the meeting was over Harle was needed over there. The meeting hall was messy, papers everywhere, and soda cans. Harle looked at the mess with tired eyes. The brown haired boy she saw earlier was standing by the table gathering his things. Harle picked up one of the papers he dropped of the floor.

“I believe this is yours” she said holding it out for him.

He smiled at her, his green eyes sparkling, “why thank you” he responded.

He took the paper from her hand, “what's your name my girl?” the guy asked.

Corsy came from behind the wall were his hidden room was.

“Her names Harle” he said “ she’s my only human maid”.

The boy looked at him fairly shooken “oh” he looked back at her frowning.

“Well it was fairly nice to meet you Harle” he said holding out his hand.

She took it shaking it firmly “you too sir” she responded.

He smiled again lightly waving a hand at Corsy “good day”.

He left the room leaving Harle and Corsy. They stood for a moment in silence tell Corsy cleared his throat.

“Come on, clean up” he said walking back into his room.

Harle knelt down taking paper into her hand cleaning up.

Anma wrote a review...

Another chapter? That was fast!

Hello Briely!

This is really good, i honestly love what your writing about. I feel this is going to be a very adventurous book! (If you finish) Its really lovely! All i got to say is spelling, punctuation, and ya... Here are some of them

(An) old man stood there, he talked quietly so Harle got closer so she could here.

Bon let the man through, “he’s in the last room to the right just down that hallway” he pointed with his (metal) finger.

When the man passed by(,) he turned toward Harle, she hid behind the wall.

The (brown-haired) boy she saw earlier was standing by the table gathering his things.

he said walking back into his room.
Harle (knelt) taking paper into her hand cleaning up.
Don't get to specific!

Either than that its pretty good!

Keep it up!

Sincerely
Anma

"Beneath this mask, there is more than flesh. Beneath this mask, there is an idea, Mr. Creedy, and ideas are bulletproof."
— V for Vendetta