Home » Literary works » Lyrics » Lyrical

12+

That's Just My Life

by BornToBeGreat

I've been walking down these halls

And I got people telling me I ain’t good enough

It’s rough so tough I've had enough

People telling me I don’t have purpose

I do my best to ignore it but this is my way I cope with it

Pain will always find its way to the surface

no matter how deep you bury it

I spend time thinking about my life

Where are the times when I was bold?

Able to accomplish every task

Those are questions I ask,

I don’t know that’s just my life

What’s yours like?

Life begins when you're out of your comfort zone

I kinda like working alone

Is this the way it’s supposed to be

Sometimes it feels like it’s only me

All I want is someone to hear me

To feel me

To know me

To understand me

I just feel like no gets me

It’s so sad to me

I can barely breathe

Don’t mind me

That’s just my life

When I grow up

I wanna pursue my purpose

And don’t tell me that you don’t have a purpose

Ask yourself, is it worth it?

We all deserve it

But it’s not that easy you have to earn it

I am more what I am to you when you look at the surface

There's no need to be novice

Is this the way it’s supposed to be

Sometimes it feels like it’s only me

All I want is someone to hear me

To feel me

To know me

To understand me

I just feel like no gets me

It’s so sad to me

I can barely breathe

Don’t mind me

That’s just my life

Wed Sep 01, 2021 7:31 am
ForeverYoung299 wrote a review...

Hey!! Forever here with a review!!

This is my very first (?) song review, so don't except perfection. Never except perfection from me. Anyway, let's get right into it.

The first thing which struck me is the flow and the rhyme scheme. It doesn't seem to be in place. First of all, with the length of each individual lines. Like you have some long lines followed by extremely short ones. You have got to make them of kind of uniform length. If you can't make them of the exact same length, try to make them at least of similar length. Maybe you can make them rhyme. If you don't want to rhyme, at least make the number of the syllables in each line similar. These can be helpful to make the flow a lot better.

Now with the material of the song. It was quite good. I really like hpw you wrote a song based on a real life situation which many people have to face. Always, there have to be people all around to say that you are worthless and that hurts like hell. You well portrayed the arcs of life, getting mature and realizing the things in the song. It is also true that always ignoring tge comments is really hard, one have to be extraordinarily strong for the purpose. I like the repitition too, it was a good deal in adding to the emphasis of the poem.

All in all, I think it was quite good, just improve the flow a bit. Read it aloud and you will understand about it.

Keep Writing!!

~Forever

Thu Aug 12, 2021 7:19 pm
WinnyWriter wrote a review...

Hello! I'm here to leave a little review.

I think this flows pretty nicely, and it is easy to read. It definitely has a songlike structure, rhythm, and flow. It also expresses emotion without getting too fancy. I wouldn't necessarily call it a super emotion-evoking piece, but it has a really relatable quality. The repetition of certain lines drives home the thought you're aiming for.

Good work with your writing. :)

Mon Aug 09, 2021 6:08 pm
TheWordsOfWolf wrote a review...

Hello, greetings and salutations. Wolf here for a review on your song. This is the first song I've seen on YWS in a long time, its nice to another one sometimes they seem much more free than poems but I digress. This is a very good piece its well written your rhymes don't feel forced and beyond that its impactful and relatable on a large scale. There's so much of it that sticks out to me take for example your last two lines, "Don't mind me that's just my life" those lines just hit me really hard that was a perfect end to this. This is a wonderful work. Keep it up!

as always,
Wolf

Wolf, thanks so much for the review and for taking time to read my song. It means a lot. I have a lot more songs (25) out here coming soon to YWS. If you want to see the titles of my songs, check out on my wall! I sure hope you have a great rest of your day. God bless.

Can't wait to see the rest of your songs! I hope you also have a great rest of your day, and God bless you as well!

Mon Aug 09, 2021 2:34 pm
Kelisot says...

I love this, it sounds very realistic! I could experience this in your shoes, how life feels. And I cheer for you, I hope you feel better btw :)
Have a nice day!

Mon Aug 09, 2021 2:34 pm
Kelisot says...

Have a nice day!

Sat Aug 07, 2021 10:39 am
Aurora49 says...

This is really cool! Well done! Okay first of all it's defiantly giving me NF vibes,
Secondly the lines "Pain will always find its way to the surface no matter how deep you bury it" is very powerful. This is a beautiful piece of poetry/rap if that's what you meant for it to be. So many people would feel like this and it's very important to address it. Great job! You're born to be great...

You interpreted my song perfectly. I actually intended people to have NF vibes while reading these lyrics only because he has had an absolute impact on my life. I have one song written and I have many more to come. Thank you so much for the kind words!

Aurora49 says...

Yay! Ya, NF is an amazing artist and you did a great job! Be sure to tag me when/if you post any more!

I will :)

I like to create sympathy for my characters, then set the monsters loose.
— Stephen King