Ill Fated Love- Chapter 5

by BlockedWriter21

Kissing Xylia was perfect. Nothing about it was awkward. Her lips melted against mine and her fingers tangled in my hair. The world around us was suddenly unimportant. All I could think about was kissing her and making it last as long as I possibly could. 

Minutes passed and the kisses were slowly getting deeper. I knew where this was going, and I didn't want to stop it, but my morals betrayed me and I soon felt my hands on her shoulders pushing her back.

"Xylia, I really like you. And kissing you...kissing you is amazing. But I don't want anything to happen tonight that could jeopardise our...relationship. Because I don't want this to be a one time thing. I know I barely know you, and all you know about me is my brief story of my no-so-exciting life. But watching you that first day in the coffee shop, then in the car on the way here, I know you're someone I could easily have a life with. And I don't want you to think that I'm only after sex, because that's not it. Because if it were, trust me when I say I'd have you naked by now. And now that I have probably scared you into wanting nothing to do with me because I sound like a freak who wants to marry you before the first date is over, I'll take you home. I meant what I said though, I really do like you."

I stood up and grabbed the coat she had set on the ground and went to put it around her shoulders. As I held my hand out to help her up, she pulled me back to the ground in front of her.

"You didn't scare me. Took me a little off guard, sure. But you didn't scare me. If we are being completely honest here, I really like you too. That night in the coffee shop, I saw something in you that I've never seen in anyone else before. Why do you think I gave you my number? I want to be in your life, but I'm not good at the whole relationship thing. I've never had a real relationship. I've had the casual fuck buddy, but never a real boyfriend, and I don't know how these things go. So if we do this, I'm going to need help. I can't spend the night and you expect to wake up to a nice cooked breakfast, because I can't cook. And I'm probably not going to buy little trinkets in the mall that make me think of you, because truth is, I probably won't find something that makes me think of you. Because I don't do that kind of stuff. I won't ask you what you're doing every second of the day, and I'm not going to ask you to spend time with me. But I want to try and make this work, because I really like you. And I hope that you want to make this work too, despite what I'm not."

Looking in her eyes, which were turning a sky blue from the tears forming, I knew I couldn't say anything. So I didn't. Instead, I just hugged her to my chest and rubbed my hand on her back in attempt to comfort her. I could tell it took a lot for her to open up like that, and I was really glad she did. Because now we were on the same page. And finally I knew what I needed to say.

I kissed the top of her head and sat her up just enough that I could look into her eyes. And I whispered to her words that I hoped would put her more at ease about what she said.

"I want to make this work too, X. When you stay the night, I don't want to wake up for breakfast, because I want you to wake up to breakfast instead. And I don't want you to spend money on little trinkets for me. I'd much rather you buy clothes for you to wear and me to take off. And you will never need to ask me to spend time with you, because every second that I have free will be spent with you as long as you will let me. I want to make this work, because to me, there isn't anything you aren't."

And with that said, I kissed her again. This time with the intention of showing her just how true my words were. With the way she kissed me back, I could tell that she knew. And this time as things deepened, and her hands were unbuttoning my shirt, I didn't try to stop her.

Noelle wrote a review...

Hi there! Noelle here for a Review Day review!

Now, I haven't read any of your other chapters so bear with me here.

Despite not reading previous chapters, I can totally feel the honesty and emotions in this chapter. I don't know Piere and I don't know Xylia, but I know how they feel about each other. And that's what I like. Maybe they were struggling with those feelings in earlier chapters and are just now sharing their insecurities. Maybe they've known how each other felt for a while and just now admitted it out loud. Either way, I think that this is a good way to do it. They're forced to admit their feelings as their relationship grows. I like it.

Although I like the emotion shared here, I feel that it's a bit bland. Sorry if that's harsh, but that's the way I see it. Piere tells Xylia how he feels. Xylia tells Piere how she feels. That's great and everything, but where are all the emotions outside of the words? Why isn't Piere sitting and thinking about what he's done? Isn't he the slightest bit nervous that she will take his words and actions the wrong way and leave her forever? Doesn't he notice the slight quiver in her bottom lip as she tells him of her feelings? There is always the surroundings to think about. I know that you say it's all rushed because they don't really love each other, but there are still feelings that they're having and you're going to have to relay them to us in one way or another.

Overall, I think this is a very necessary chapter in your novel. As I've said, I haven't read the other chapters, but it's always important to know how the characters are thinking and feeling. That's where this chapter comes in. Now from here on out, we'll know how Piere feels about Xylia and vice versa. There won't be much confusion when each of the characters interact with each other. It's like an info dumping chapter minus the info dumping xD

I think I'll check out your other chapters too :)

**Noelle**

Mon Aug 18, 2014 4:01 am
SpiritedWolfe wrote a review...

Hello again, Blocked. Wolf here for a review.

So I understand that this is supposed to be a romance novel, but I really feel like things are moving too fast here. Sure there's a thing that people will call 'Love at First Sight', but real passionate love doesn't come this quickly. If I recall correctly, it's been barely half a week since they first met, maybe not even that long. Sure you've shown him musing a lot about her, but I feel like you should have more of that 'watching from afar' element before you dive into this hardcore romance.

Another thing that makes this feel kind of rushed to me is the chapter length. Most of these chapters are really short, and they can't be more than 800 words. Now that's an okay length for a chapter, but if things like this are to happen, more than likely they'll span across about eight to ten chapters. If these chapters were even just 1, 500 words each, then five chapters would be fine, but this romance seems kind of forced.

The character development has been coming along, yes, but I can't feel the chemistry between these two. To me, there isn't much passion behind the words they are telling each other. Yes, there is some emotion there, but is it enough emotion to portray undying love like the words suggest? Not really. I'm sorry if I'm sounding harsh, but I'm not convinced that they are truly on love. An important thing is that the characters need to influence the love, the story, not vise versa. Keep that in mind as you continue writing.

Still, I'm interested. Are they already going to have sex? Young adults these day. A part of me kind of wants to get back to the school setting, because I'm curious as to how they'll react in just passing each other in the halls, or how Pierce's friends will react to their relationship, but don't rush it, remember. Xylia's ambition is very interesting, and I'm excited to see where her development leads. Anyways, Keep on Writing,
~Wolfare~

It is rushed, that's my full intention, because they are not in love. Right now, everything they do is rushed and without a lot of true emotion. You'll see why in later chapters. And also, they do not attend the same school, so I'm sorry you won't get to see that. But rest assured, she will meet the friends. Thank you for taking interest in my work and I appreciate the help

Wolfare1 says...

Alright then. I shall anticipate more soon :3 thanks for explaining that.

constant state of confuzzle
— Quillfeather