z

Young Writers Society



Scarecrow Boogie Nights

by WWombat


There's a wet patch on aisle 49

There's a wet patch on aisle 49

All the red velvets are scared

They're gonna go into decline

I said I dreamt of a biscuit 9

The biscuit was a number 9

A somersaulting sodium nitrate

Yet also a hydroxide


I like to dance with a rogue toenail

I like to dance with a rogue toenail

I like to dance with the wrong go veil

Scarecrow boogie nights


I got a face of steel in the market

I got a face of steel in the glove compartment

It reeks of glamour with grammar

Why the hell are you in my apartment?


I like to dance with a rogue toenail

I like to dance with a rogue toenail

I like to dance with the wrong go veil

Scarecrow boogie nights


The eagle has landed in my coffee

And it smells like stale banoffee

In the greatest scheme of things

It really reeks of toffee


I like to dance with a rogue toenail

I like to dance with a rogue toenail

I like to dance with the wrong go veil

Scarecrow boogie nights


Note: You are not logged in, but you can still leave a comment or review. Before it shows up, a moderator will need to approve your comment (this is only a safeguard against spambots). Leave your email if you would like to be notified when your message is approved.







Is this a review?


  

Comments



User avatar
558 Reviews


Points: 1219
Reviews: 558

Donate
Sun Sep 27, 2015 3:00 pm
erilea wrote a review...



Hey, BirthdayHangman! Artemis28 here to review. Team Tardis for the win! :D

So, let's begin. This song was soooo random. I couldn't find any meaning, nothing I could see. You were really discursive, bouncing around from topic to topic. Toenails... eagles... coffee... veils... I don't know what you're trying to do, but for some reason, it's cool.

It was really humorous, in that sort of way that you kind of don't know what you're typing but you're doing it anyway. I would like to know why you decided to do that type of style, though... did you feel random? Did you feel crazy at some point? I liked this song, though. Good job and keep writing, Hangman!

-Artemis28, member of Team Tardis




User avatar
93 Reviews


Points: 844
Reviews: 93

Donate
Sun Sep 27, 2015 2:51 am
klennon14 wrote a review...



There are tears in my eyes. Are there supposed to be tears in my eyes? I feel like you meant for this song to be comical and I never stopped laughing throughout the whole thing.

"A somersaulting sodium nitrate

Yet also a hydroxide"

This is when I started laughing and then I never stopped!


"I got a face of steel in the market

I got a face of steel in the glove compartment

It reeks of glamour with grammar

Why the hell are you in my apartment?"

I love this whole chunk! It's so hysterical!



"The eagle has landed in my coffee

And it smells like stale banoffee

In the greatest scheme of things

It really reeks of toffee"

Now this is where it starts to get a little cheesy. If utter cheesiness was your intention, leave it be. If you wanted a tad bit less corny effect, I'd change this stanza/verse up a bit.

"Scarecrow boogie nights!"
God, I laughed so hard, I cried. Brilliant. Keep writing songs and little do-das like this, it's so entertaining and refreshing. I bet if you put your mind to it, you could write some decent poetry :) Or, maybe you already have- I'll have to take a look at your portfolio.

Anyway, what an interesting piece. This made my day, and I loved it!

Happy writing!

Kali Lennon




User avatar
359 Reviews


Points: 455
Reviews: 359

Donate
Sun Sep 20, 2015 2:05 pm
steampowered wrote a review...



Hello, steampowered here for a review! I still don’t really know what to make of your work, but I have to say I found it quite catchy (in that I starting singing these lyrics to some weird, repetitive chant-like tune and then couldn’t stop) It’s definitely a happy song, I may as well say that. You obviously have a lot of enthusiasm for what you write, and while it might not make a lot of sense to other people it’s definitely unique. I rather like it!

If this is supposed to be the lyrics to a modern-style song, I’d have expected them to be longer. Unless of course you have a lot of instrumental (which makes me wonder; do you have a tune for this in mind or do you just write the lyrics?) If your verses (are they called verses in modern music? Whatever they’re called) are interspersed with a lot of instrumental music, maybe you could put [instrumental section] or something in between the verses. Just an idea though.

I’m going to assume that the “I like to dance with a rogue toenail” is the chorus, so maybe you should indicate somewhere that it’s the chorus. Again, just an idea.

Just wondering, but how on earth did you manage to get the big spaces separating verses out? I don’t have any idea how to do that, and have to rely on full stops or other punctuation so that YWS doesn’t bunch it all together.

Erm, I think that’s all I have to say about this, actually. The title’s really creative, the lyrics are kind of… interesting and endearingly nonsensical, and I’d like to read more of what you post on YWS. Keep writing! :D





I want to shake off the dust of this one-horse town. I want to explore the world. I want to watch TV in a different time zone. I want to visit strange, exotic malls...I want to live, Marge! Won't you let me live?
— Homer Simpson