Memoirs Of Heart Sorrow

by Biluata

Shakespeare had it right, what more is love than a hidden madness? A hidden madness that

sweeps you off of your feet and puts additional joy into each and every day.

You know better than to fall in love, because you know that love is never here to stay.

You know that love only ends in heartbreak. You know that you are going to be hurt,

you are going to be crushed, but your heart doesn't listen to your mind and you find

yourself in love.

One sided love is so much safer, because the pain is less if the object of your affection

doesn't love you back. But when they turn around, and tell you, "I love you," your heart

melts and you find yourself in love.

Then the rough times come and those you thought where your best friends, the love of your

heart leave you. First love is always the hardest. You know better than to fall in love,

you know it only ends in hurt.

Betrayal never comes from the enemy. Whoever said this had it right. After long nights of

sobbing into pillows, hoping no one would hear. Rubbing red eyes in the morning after

sleepless nights waiting for a text that you know is never going to come. Then, splashing

water on your face, drying your tears and getting ready to face another day without him,

a hole in your heart and you feel all alone.

First love is always the hardest, but your hearts mends, and you are wiser, and you vow

to never fall in love again. But you find that second love is just as hard. 

Beatrice wrote a review...

Hey, again me to review. :-D
Nice narration of how it feels being heart broken. Those sleepless nights lost into his/her memories, knowing that memories won't bring them back. Then, making the pillow wet crying over it throughout. Checking the inbox again and again with false hope. Really love hurts alot. Well written dear. :-)
you know, there's a satiristic thing about love, (even the atheists start praying in it ;-) .).

Amnesia wrote a review...

Hey there, Happy Review Day to you! <3 Mem here for a review on this beautifully written Narritive.

I loved the first line and it was perfectly written. I personally have only read one book of Shakespear's and I can safely say that you have quoted him perfectly thought I think it best if you used quotation marks when quoting someone. Another nitpick I have is the spacing of the lines. It makes your work hard to read. though that might not have been the intention you had behind the spacing. Other that that this is a perfectly written piece. Keep up the great work <3

~Mem

rhane118 wrote a review...

Hi! You reviewed my short story so I wanted to do a review for you in return.

Anyway I really liked your first line when you made an allusion to Shakespeare. It immediately drew me and showed me the general idea of your piece. I loved how each paragraph described a different portion of love from betrayal, to one-sided love, to first love, etc. You expanded on these things in each of the paragraphs.

I found that this piece would be easy to relate to, especially to someone who understands the pains that go along with love.

Anyway I really liked it, and I hope that this was helpful!

Bipasha says...

Pretty much loved the idea that 'One sided love is safer'. Not all undertsand or agree with this. But yes, it's better than being hurt by the one whom you trusted the most. :)
well written

I'm not so good with the advice... Can I interest you in a sarcastic comment?
— Chandler Bing