z

Young Writers Society



The History of Aroi(unfinished)

by Bard


THE HISTORY OF AROI

The First Age

Before the beginning of time and universe, before there was life and living breathing organisms, before there even was matter, there was Atar – the One – the creator.

Atar spoke thus, and his words echoed throughout the emptiness; there was a flash and the emptiness was filled. He called the filled emptiness: Llamos, or the base of all living things (The Universe). He then began to craft a giant ball of energy and matter by infusing the elements: earth, wind, fire, and water; a combination that created the shape of a sphere.

This combination of the elements also created a protective aura around His world, an atmosphere that has the ability to sustain life. Atar then, carefully, soaked the world in the Water of Life, an element too elite and precious to allow this newborn world to mettle with. As He removed the world from the Water of Life he placed it into orbit around the largest and newest star under His control, Xylo meaning: Great Ball of Fire. He named this world Aroi.

As He rested the planet began to take form and life, the mountains rose from the plains, the rosebuds blossomed, and the lakes began to grow plant life at their lowermost depths. When He awoke He saw that all was good. However, as time passed He began to feel that the world lacked inhabitants and creatures that could enjoy the world he created.

the Azure

It was the twilight when Atar took mortal form and walked abroad upon the misty moors of lake Öscello. It was that time of night when the thick fog was a deep shade of gray and the shadows of the razor rock played tricks in your mind. But in the midst of this gloomy and horrific scene, the One – the Creator Himself – was manifested into mortal form. His power seemed ready to burst at the seams, and he glowed like a single street lamplight in a dark, empty street. The bright aura encompassing him sliced through the fog like a sword swift in combat, clearing a path well suitable for Him. The mud welcomed His every step with a pedestal, as solid as rock, but as soft as fine silk.

When He crossed the moor of lake Öscello, he sat down and opened a large pouch which had been draped across his right shoulder. He removed from within it a large, golden, hardbound book. Inscribed upon its cover was Book of Life: That of Which is Inscribed Among these Pages Shall Come to Pass in Due Time. A quill pen, he removed next, and finally, a vial of ink.

He placed the ink on a flat rock beside him, and opened the book to an empty page, began to draw. He drew for many hours perfecting each of the four images he drew. With every firm, yet delicate stroke they seem become more and more real. They were beautiful and blissful beings clad in gold and silver and purposely endowed within their reason for creation-.

One was garbed in a deep blue and silver, giant wings were alive on her back giving her a beautiful fowl-like appearance, and a necklace of clouds hung from her neck.

On another, a crimson and golden garment was worn. He had red eyes; dark black hair hung from his head; he held in his hand an obsidian scepter, but on his face he wore a smile that could cool molten lava or halt an eruption.

Another was garbed in a light brown and gold; around his neck, a necklace of gems and precious stones.

Lastly, one was clothed in light blue and silver, and her eyes were of the water, blue and pure; she wore a pair of green sandals, and around her neck a necklace of coral hung.

And to them He spoke: “Hearken to me! I awoke your souls, by quill and ink from book of life, and now I fill thee each with the water of everlasting life. For thee shall be the governors of the elements. And shall sit beside me in the court of heavens, above the clouds. Again I say to thee awake! Awake with your thirst quenched with the water of everlasting life! Awake Ewea, son of the Earth! Awake Hauwae, daughter of the Water! Awake Nalphin, Son of the Fire! And Awake Ëragol, daughter of the Wind! You four shall be the powers of Aroi and second in command; as long as you stay in peace with your brethren, take heed my commands, and worship me – your Creator – your thirst for immortality shall always be quenched.”

With that the four spirits awoke and knelt to Him – their creator.

And to them He said thus: “Stand, my children! And I shall name you and your brethren the race of Ösclä. For thee were drawn into reality, through quill and ink on the shores of lake Öscello. Now go! And wait for me at the foot of my throne.”

As quickly as they came, they left; ascending into the heavens. A glorious noise could be heard all over the land. The flowers sang and the trees clapped their brittle palms that night. Even in the midst of the night it felt as though it was the peak of afternoon.

Atar then took up his quill and again began to draw; this time he worked for days, weeks, months, and even years to bring the Azure, a race of angelic beings, into reality. These beings of light would inhabit the heavens He told Himself. And so it came to pass, after three years of drawing He had created one hundred thousand Azure. He named them all, then chose five leaders, their positon was of the race of Azule, a race wrought to govern the Azure. Their names were: Saefra, Aresae, Dalphfrea, Frastu, and Gounfrae.

(Not finished with all descriptions)

Out of the sand and mud of Aroi he molded the creatures who would inhabit his world. The birds of the air, the fish of the sea, and the beasts of the land, these he wrought with his bare hands. When he saw how the presence of living beasts, brought glory to his name, He was pleased, and decided then that He would mold a race special to His world, a race with the endowment of speech—unlike the beasts of land air and water who were dumb of tongue.

Thus He began to experiment different in shape and size until he came up with one he admired most; dousing it with the water of life he set the creatures amongst the other living things in the midst of Aroi. The race was known as elves, a near perfect race.

Elves were immortal, though a mortal wound or broken heart could extinguish their flame imperishable; sustenance was only but a treat, and age found no hold on their flame.

Thus ends the creation of Aroi and the First Age.

The Second Age

Calling of Four

To govern this race of elves He summoned forth, four of the elves, each of a different stature or rank, through their dreams, to unite with Him at a secluded island. Once on the island He gave the four each great powers concealed deep within the haven of four Possessions. He summoned the following elves: Lotho the Necromancer, Easa the Ranger, Zealnüc the Captain, and Dalinere, the Elder.

To Lotho He gave: a rod made of a glossy black obsidian and the power to weave the absence of light, darkness. Atar then told her to collect her belongings and depart to a subterranean world known as the Underwoods. Along with Lotho, He sent one quarter the population of elves to inhabit the darkness beneath. This race became known as the Drow, or Dark Elves for the simple minded. Thus Atar was glad.

To Easa: A ring was given, a ring made of the finest Mithril Silver. Found in the mouths of the Silver Mountains ‘twas taken. As hard as dragon scales it is, and as strong as the elements, yet as soft as silk and as light as a feather, never rusting nor tarnishing; within the contours of the ring was a glint of antiquity, like the face of an agéd warrior.

Within the ring He embedded a speck of His vast power to control the elements of the forest. He sent Easa, and one third of the remaining elves to the inner sanctums of the forest Crestwood, which the River of Night flows directly through. These elves would be known as the Creäloe-Elves, the elves of many names; a few were: woodland-elves, or night-elves. They are elves skilled in archery, and of keen agility.

To Zealnüc: He blessed with a sword. A sword of valor, fashioned from core of Aroi, unnotchable in combat, yet untarnishable at rest. A sword forged with a will of its own, unwilling to commit unnecessary bloodshed, yet without mercy in the eyes evil doers.

With Zealnüc went one of the remaining two halves. He, unlike the others, was given the gift of choice. A choice of which territory they would inhabit. With this gift they chose wisely; they constructed great warships, vessels of great power. With the company his elves Zealnüc settled on a large isle just off the West Coast of Aroi. Thus this race would be known, forevermore, as the Zeala-elves, or in the common tongue the warrior elves, and to the Azule and Azure the Enlightened ones.

To Dalinere, the Elder given a crown bearing the inscription:

Lo alam bro sana Halo bro Knolo ona ol

Or in common tongue:

He who bears this crown bears knowledge of all

This tribe of elves, the wisest and fairest of all, were known as the elves of Atar (Atara-Elves), or Noble-Elves.

They chose, not the water that the waves should slowly erode the city walls, not the forest that they should flee from danger, not the depths of darkness beneath, that they should clothe themselves in pale sheen of darkness, but in the plains. The kingdom would be fashioned in the midst of a large, grassy, rolling plains, a region commonly known as the plains of Eruku. On the Eastern and Western sides of the city were large rivers many a feet deep that ran for many, many miles. The Atara-Elves built the city, the walls, and the many citadels, with gold and marble found in a nearby quarry. Thus they named the city the Snowy City and dedicated it to the Creator for his blessings, and to receive his many blessings.

Thus ends the Calling of four and the Second Age.


Note: You are not logged in, but you can still leave a comment or review. Before it shows up, a moderator will need to approve your comment (this is only a safeguard against spambots). Leave your email if you would like to be notified when your message is approved.






You can earn up to 294 points for reviewing this work. The amount of points you earn is based on the length of the review. To ensure you receive the maximum possible points, please spend time writing your review.

Is this a review?


  

Comments




Excuse me I have never *lied* about a character I just don't tell the truth
— AceassinOfTheMoon