Bloodthirsty Judgement

by deleted1967

the thirst driven judges staring at a piece of

what? dried meat?

though they're looking for blood, something juicy 

to quench a thirst that will never be quenched 

and will only ever ask for

MORE

because a vampire will never be happy with the perfect drink

he will only ever suck it up and swallow

leave it a mess for someone else to dress the wounds

toss it aside for the next one to show 

and let them feed on it 'til it's dry

the trickery of judgement embraced by what the world calls

SOCIETY

because no vampire's thirst will ever be quenched

and whether you know it or not

we're all just looking for blood

Fri Aug 04, 2017 1:40 pm
sheysse wrote a review...

Hey there! Shey here for a review!

I really enjoyed this poem. It was fun and entertaining, in the sense that it was very serious. It clearly displayed what you thought to be a serious issue, but also I could tell how passionate you were for it.

My only major comment is the seperation, or lack of. Stanzas are difficult to do in the publishing center, but heres how. Click on the button on the top left, which reads "</>". Then take each part that you want to be its own stanza, and put <p> at the beginning and </p> at the end. Then at the end of each you line, put </be>, to break it. Repeat this for each stanza, and you should be all set. Another simpler, but less appealing approach is to put a - or an * between lines.

I really loved the capitalized words with there own lines, because it was a nice accent. It would have been nice if they had their own indents, however, is a suggestion. You can accomplish that with the coding I showed you previously, because the <p> </p retains white space between it. So, it can be used for that as well.

Overall, great poem! I look forward to seeing more from you! Keep up the great work!

~Shey

deleted1967 says...

It didn't really have any specific separation with stanzas, so I just left it. It was how I made it when I first wrote it, but thank you for the tip!!!

Fri Aug 04, 2017 12:06 am
hellachillx wrote a review...

I, honestly, don't really do poetry often, quite frankly. But there are a few times where I had found a poem that had just completely captured me. This was one of those poems, I can gladly say. I really enjoyed this poem, and not because I just say I like all of your work (though I totally and completely do— no lie). I genuinely connected with the poem and found it to be pretty deep. All in all, I just completely enjoyed this lol.

deleted1967 says...

I REALLLLY LIKE THE ENDING (LAST 3 LINES) I FELT SO PROUD AND I STILL CANT STOP BEING PROUD Boi

You know what the big problem is in telling fantasy and reality apart? They're both ridiculous.
— The 12th Doctor