z

Young Writers Society



Entry for ThornedRose's contest~

by Auteur


This is for ThornedRose's worst piece of literature contest. Prepare for it!

Kelly lived in a small house down a lane nearby a school called Daisys. She had two best friends called Susie and Morgan and they had known eachother forever since they were kids, but now they weren't kids and they were all 12. One day Kelly went to school at 7:15 sharp because she wanted to get their early to meet her friends Susie and Morgan to talk to them. Only when she got ther she didn't see Morgan and Susie but some strange boy she didn't know she she went up to him to get to know him. "Hi" Kelly said to him. "Hi" He said back to her. The boy was bleeding down his leg, which made Kelly laugh because she thought he had actually just spilt tomato sauce down him but when she asked him he said no and that he'd actually fallen over but it didn't hurt he was just trying to be cool and pretend it didn't. Kelly could tell it did then Morgan and Susie came and she went over screaming because she was so excited and said hi.

:smt005


Note: You are not logged in, but you can still leave a comment or review. Before it shows up, a moderator will need to approve your comment (this is only a safeguard against spambots). Leave your email if you would like to be notified when your message is approved.







Is this a review?


  

Comments



User avatar
4102 Reviews


Points: 254163
Reviews: 4102

Donate
Tue Sep 22, 2020 5:47 pm
KateHardy wrote a review...



Good Morning/Afternoon/Evening/Night(whichever one it is in your part of the world),

Hi! I'm Knight Hardy here on a mission to ensure that all works on YWS has at least two reviews. You will probably never see this but....Imma do this anyway.

First Impression: Well...um what can I say...it was surprisingly not good...like of course it had some very obvious and rather glaring flaws but I really think you could do far worse than this if you hope to win a competition for worst piece ever.

Anyway let's get right to it,

Kelly lived in a small house down a lane nearby a school called Daisys. She had two best friends called Susie and Morgan and they had known eachother forever since they were kids, but now they weren't kids and they were all 12. One day Kelly went to school at 7:15 sharp because she wanted to get their early to meet her friends Susie and Morgan to talk to them. Only when she got ther she didn't see Morgan and Susie but some strange boy she didn't know she she went up to him to get to know him. "Hi" Kelly said to him. "Hi" He said back to her. The boy was bleeding down his leg, which made Kelly laugh because she thought he had actually just spilt tomato sauce down him but when she asked him he said no and that he'd actually fallen over but it didn't hurt he was just trying to be cool and pretend it didn't. Kelly could tell it did then Morgan and Susie came and she went over screaming because she was so excited and said hi.


Well this was pretty short so I put the entire thing in a quote. And let's see if I can pick out the mistakes one by one and see how many you actually managed to make. And I'll tell you what you did correctly just to show you where you could have made this even worse. Well the first thing that I notice is that it does actually have a plot that makes sense. I feel like you could have really messed things up if you went with a plot that no one could quite understand and here I got it on the first read through which means it isn't confusing enough. And being completely honest the pacing is clearly rushed but not too clunky. To really make it horrifying you could have varied that a bit and made it just beat in a completely wrong direction instead of having it be kinda understandable.

Then we move to the formatting. I see a lack of paragraphs which is nice and exactly what you need to see in order to achieve this and I believe a couple of missing spaces also does a wonderful job. The rushed descriptions also I believe serves your purpose. However all the punctuation appears to be correct and you definitely make that a lot worse.

Aaaaand that's it for this one.

Overall: Overall not much left to say...I guess its bad like it should be but not as bad as it could be. I hope you won...I'm too lazy to go check the results although they should totally be out at this point.

As always remember to take what you think was helpful and forget the rest.

Stay Safe
Harry

Image




User avatar
124 Reviews


Points: 12298
Reviews: 124

Donate
Tue Oct 20, 2009 3:23 am
PatriciaTina wrote a review...



Haha! That's awesome! Great job! But empress is partly right. It definitely could have been worse! (Though I actually don't know how... Maybe take her advice! :smt005) Anyways, I hope you win! See you around!

~ Trish :smt006




User avatar
370 Reviews


Points: 20503
Reviews: 370

Donate
Wed Oct 07, 2009 6:07 am



Quite frankly, I think It could have been worse yew kewd haf meespyled awll ga wurds lyke des.




User avatar
18 Reviews


Points: 1591
Reviews: 18

Donate
Sat Aug 29, 2009 4:09 am
Ellyphant says...



Absolutely horrible ;) You'll deffinitely win!





Turn your demons into art, your shadow into a friend, your fear into fuel, your failures into teachers, your weaknesses into reasons to keep fighting. Don’t waste your pain. Recycle your heart.
— Andréa Balt