z

Young Writers Society



Amelia Atwater-Rhodes?

by Auhbrei


She is one of my favorite authors of all time! I was just wondering if any of y'all like her too!?!?

I just finished reading "Hawksong" a little bit ago. Over all I thought it was a good book, but the ending was kinda...dissapointing, but it did leave a good chance for a part two!

I would have to say my favorite book by Rhopdes is "Demon In My View" I couldn't put it down from the moment I got it. "Midnight Predator" and "In the Forest of the "Night" were also very good, but there was just something about "Demon in My View" Maybe it was the hott/sexy character Aubrey;););).


Note: You are not logged in, but you can still leave a comment or review. Before it shows up, a moderator will need to approve your comment (this is only a safeguard against spambots). Leave your email if you would like to be notified when your message is approved.







Is this a review?


  

Comments



User avatar
103 Reviews


Points: 890
Reviews: 103

Donate
Sat Feb 26, 2005 6:13 am
Tessitore says...



They're like Anne Rice for Young Adults, so if you're into that; yeah, they're good. Until you actually read Anne Rice or Laurell K. Hamilton (the last I highly, highly recommend), and then you'll just get pissed off.




User avatar
418 Reviews


Points: 5890
Reviews: 418

Donate
Sat Feb 26, 2005 1:55 am



Apart from her books being written by a plaigirising "female dog" (just keeping it clean, I don't want to use all the "****"s), are they good? At least, not considering that she copies other authors? Because some look interesting.




User avatar
103 Reviews


Points: 890
Reviews: 103

Donate
Fri Feb 25, 2005 4:55 am
Tessitore says...



DarkerSarah wrote:I liked In the Forests of the Night when I was thirteen.

This past summer I read Interview with a Vampire and I realized she was just a little kid hoping for Anne Rice's lyrical writing style and sexual, vampiric plots. Uh...mission unaccomplished.

-Sarah

Here, here! *toasts with wine glass*

I was an Anne Rice fan long before I was an AAR fan. I've fallen out of both of them and am currently making an enterprise out of selling their books on the mighty source known as Ebay. Joyvious. No more clogging of the book shelves.

Firestarter wrote:What are you talking about Tess? The option's right there.


Bwahahaha. Thanks a bundle, that's much better. ^^




User avatar
137 Reviews


Points: 890
Reviews: 137

Donate
Wed Feb 23, 2005 6:14 am
View Likes
DarkerSarah wrote a review...



I liked In the Forests of the Night when I was thirteen.

This past summer I read Interview with a Vampire and I realized she was just a little kid hoping for Anne Rice's lyrical writing style and sexual, vampiric plots. Uh...mission unaccomplished.

-Sarah




User avatar
1259 Reviews


Points: 18178
Reviews: 1259

Donate
Tue Feb 22, 2005 5:28 pm
Firestarter says...



What are you talking about Tess? The option's right there. :wink:




User avatar
103 Reviews


Points: 890
Reviews: 103

Donate
Tue Feb 22, 2005 2:39 pm
Tessitore wrote a review...



Why isn't there a poll option for "God I hate her, she's a plagerising b**** who gets all her ideas from accomplished writers"?

I used to be a fan, you know, but it's obvious she's stolen many idea from Laurell K. Hamilton and God knows who else (there's a site dedicated to it, which you can find with a few minutes of searching). Plus her writing style is dry and just boring in general. Down with her.




User avatar
1259 Reviews


Points: 18178
Reviews: 1259

Donate
Mon Feb 21, 2005 5:59 pm
Firestarter says...



This should really be in book reviews *grabs it and throws it over*




User avatar
418 Reviews


Points: 5890
Reviews: 418

Donate
Mon Feb 21, 2005 4:16 pm



Yeah...me neither...why didnt you put a choice in the poll that says "Never Heard of Them" or "None"?




User avatar
1258 Reviews


Points: 6090
Reviews: 1258

Donate
Mon Feb 21, 2005 1:20 pm
Sam says...



uhm...I've never even heard of her. *runs to library*





they got that magical iridescence that you don't expect to be on a sky rat y'know
— Ari11