Cutter

by Ashkitten83

Clinging to sharp objects, like the hand of a friend.

Urges to dig up secrets hidden inside my skin.

Tracing lines that never seem to go away.

Training myself to say that "I am okay."

Echoes of pain buried deep within.

Reminders of where I've been.

Reet3103 wrote a review...

Woahhhh.

I loved thisss :D It was awesome. The concept of C-U-T-T-E-R was great! And even though it was short, it was very expressive. Making something descriptive, that too something of 6 lines is pretty difficult and you did that well. Kudos.

And that's why it is featured. ^.^

Good job.

Keep writing and stay blessed.

xoxo

Ashkitten83 says...

Wow, thank you Reet for a very uplifting review. I really appreciate the positive feedback. :)

Reet3103 says...

No problem. :D

Sat Apr 11, 2015 8:39 pm
Lupin wrote a review...

Hey Ashkitten83! Lupin here for a review. (I have a rather small amount of experience on this topic so if I say anything dumb/insensitive/offensive, it was not intended). First off, I must commend your bravery in writing about such a serious and sensitive topic - you handled it masterfully. This was awesomely done. The first line, "Clinging to sharp objects, like the hand of a friend." was an exceedingly perfect analogy to make and defines perfectly how someone who self harms might feel when they are about to do so.

You are an incredibly talented writer. Keep at it!

ps. If you ever have anything you wanna talk about, my proverbial door is always open. Drop me a PM sometime, heck talk to me about anything! :)

Lupin :)

Ashkitten83 says...

Wow, thanks so much. I'm so happy to have had so many positive comments about this poem. I no longer cut, though the thoughts are still there (and probably always will be) i have found more positive ways of expressing emotion, like my writing...and much more rewarding too. I Appreciate you caring so much. Ill pm you sometime.

Sat Apr 11, 2015 6:47 pm
Authorpink wrote a review...

I like acrostic poems. This is a nice simple word that you put into six lines. I hope that you make other poems with longer words. I like the line "Reminders of where I've been." I can think of many places I can remember being. This is a nice way to end a poem because it gives some mystery to the poem.

Ashkitten83 says...

Thank you so much for reading my poem and for giving me such a pleasant review. :)

Sat Apr 11, 2015 5:57 pm
Ang920 wrote a review...

Wow
This is really good. Self harm is such a hard topic to talk about and you handled it wonderfully. As someone who deals with this problem I think this is an amazing poem. It's hard to write about self harm and to capture what it is really like. You did an amazing job. My only concern is that the poem is a little bit triggering.
Over all great job.
Keep on writing. :)

Sat Apr 11, 2015 5:56 pm
Ang920 says...

Ashkitten83 says...

Should i write a trigger warning?

Ashkitten83 says...

Thank you so much for such a great review. I really appreciate you taking the time to read it and review it.

It takes as much imagination to create debt as to create income.
— Leandro Orr