Home » Literary works » Other » Romantic

A Message From God

by AriannaC

I have a message for you. Not of condemnation, but of love. I didn’t come into the world to condemn, but to save.

The enemy (satan) constantly surrounds you, making you feel useless and unchangeable. But I’m surrounding you as well. I’ve sent my angels to guard you at all times, while I am constantly singing over you and raining my endless love on you.

You’ve got flaws and weaknesses. But you’re also fearfully and wonderfully made in my likeness and I love you.

Long before you were born, before the beginning of creation, I knew and loved you. I’ve been with you your entire life and never left once. Through the sins and hardships, I’ve always been right there loving you. I’m not stopping now.

My beautiful creation, in whom I take pride in, I am full of living water. Those who drink from my veins never thirst again. They receive eternal satisfaction. As can you. The choice is yours. But I’ll love you either way

Love you always

-God aka Jesus

Sun Dec 09, 2018 10:41 am
WriterCate says...

Fri Dec 07, 2018 12:57 am
WriterCate says...

Hi @AriannaC! I'm a Christian myself! :D

I just wanted to ask, who is this written/directed to?

Cate

Thu Dec 06, 2018 2:47 am
rosette wrote a review...

Hey Ari. :] Hope you're doing well.

This is simple but beautiful. I love the entirety of this piece - especially the beginning sentences because yes amen! There is no condemnation or putting-down-of-people. It really is about love. God is love, and this message is about love, and I love it. I feel comforted, having this reminder. <3

I really don't have any critiques to make, but a thought did come to my head when I finished reading this. Since some people don't know scriptures and are probably confused by a couple of phrases/sentences in here, I suggest you include citations for future works. That way others can look, if they feel to do so, at where Jesus says he is living water and those who drink that water will never thirst again, etc.

But like I said, this truly is beautiful and certainly something that encouraged me and probably others. I don't know about you but whenever God inspires me to write something I always feel as if that work is 100x better than anything I came up with on my own. When it sincerely is from God it's always going to be greater. And this is lovely.
Thanks for sharing, Ari.
Have a good one. <3

~rosette

Mon Dec 03, 2018 2:03 am
manilla wrote a review...

Hello,

I'm going to critique God and hope I'm not sinning :') This is in hopes that His message can be better communicated.

"The enemy (satan) constantly surrounds you, making you feel useless and unchangeable"

In what ways does Satan do this? Specific examples?

"But you’re also fearfully and wonderfully made in my likeness and I love you."

Gosh, I love that part of the Bible.

"My beautiful creation, in whom I take pride in, I am full of living water."

Hey, God, what you're saying is great and all, but this doesn't make complete sense.

"They receive eternal satisfaction. As can you."

These two can be made into one longer sentences.

This is a very concise message with a very direct purpose, but I can suggest that this can not only apply to the past, but the future as well. Is there anything else about yourself, God, that you would elaborate about? These are good ideas, but they can be expanded upon past the Bible and from the hearts of the believers themselves.

Manilla out!
(Feel free to disregard any comment you deem unhelpful or rude. That was not my intention.)

Fri Nov 30, 2018 6:02 pm
Tenyo says...

If this is from God does that make critiquing it a heresy?

AriannaC says...

Haha, no. It wasn't supposed to be written well. We wanted it to read out like realistic speaking.

AriannaC says...

And yes, every word in that message is his. None are my own. I only wrote them down.

Tue Nov 27, 2018 1:43 pm
Purplegirl says...

I like this message from god. It is very descriptive and tranquilizing.

Surround yourself with people who are serious about being writers, and who will tell you, ‘Hey—you can do better than this.’ Who will be critical of your work, but also supportive. And who will not be competitive in a negative way.
— Isabel Quintero