z

Young Writers Society


12+

Tick Tock

by AnonymousPerson


Tick Tock, Tick Tock

The clock goes round and round

Time coming, Time going

Yet, Where am I?

Wandering throughout this existence

Watching my life flutter by

Friends, Family, and loved ones fade away

-

Tick Tock, Tick Tock

The clock goes round and round

Life is coming

Life is going

Yet, where am I?

Mindlessly sitting at a desk

Staring at a computer all day

All for what? A measly salary?

-

Tick Tock, Tick Tock

The clock has stopped

Life has came

Life is gone

Yet, where am I?

6 feet under in some cemetery?

Perhaps ashes billowing in the wind

-

Tick Tock, Tick Tock

The clock is no more

Life has gone out the door

Here I am, waking from this dream

So that I may live my life

And live it to the full


Note: You are not logged in, but you can still leave a comment or review. Before it shows up, a moderator will need to approve your comment (this is only a safeguard against spambots). Leave your email if you would like to be notified when your message is approved.







Is this a review?


  

Comments



User avatar
305 Reviews


Points: 431
Reviews: 305

Donate
Fri Sep 23, 2016 9:52 pm
View Likes
speakerskat wrote a review...



Hey it's Kat here to write a review for you,

I really liked this! You started off really strong and at first I didn't get the rhythm or here but after reading it I think it flows nicely. However you might want to consider revising the last two stanzas as I feel like they were rushed and don't quite mesh with the rest of your poem. I don't understand why you capabilities certain words in the middle of sentences either. It overall it was a nice read.

Thanks for asking me to review it and if you need anymore feed back on this or any other piece you know where to get me.

Kat






Okay, thanks for the review and I'll keep those things in mind.



User avatar


Points: 105
Reviews: 1

Donate
Fri Sep 23, 2016 6:08 pm
View Likes
Harambesnotdead says...



nice story bro. really made my heart change its drenching panties. Kind of resentful though because i'm reminded of fleeting existence in math class. we should play overwatch sometime, i bet your hilarious.






I don't have the money for overwatch sadly.



User avatar
802 Reviews


Points: 18884
Reviews: 802

Donate
Fri Sep 23, 2016 3:41 am
View Likes
Dracula wrote a review...



Hey there, AnonymousPerson! I thought your poem was pretty cool, especially the subject. I love the idea of the clock, ticking away, giving the person a wider view of their whole life. They see themselves living each day the same, being bored at a desk until they die. Then the clock stops ticking, the dream ends and they decide to live their life to the full. It's an inspirational message a reminder to all of us that we should do what we want with our lives, not 'live' as zombies. One thing I'd change is the uneven stanzas. Some have 7 lines, one 6 and one 8. It made it slightly difficult to follow a beat. That's something you could experiment with, otherwise I enjoyed reading this!






Thanks for the input, I'll see what I can do to make it a smoother ride. Appreciate the review a bunch! -Anon




Don't go around saying the world owes you a living; the world owes you nothing; it was here first.
— Mark Twain