z

Young Writers Society



=_= removed

by Angels-Symphony


(Removed)


Note: You are not logged in, but you can still leave a comment or review. Before it shows up, a moderator will need to approve your comment (this is only a safeguard against spambots). Leave your email if you would like to be notified when your message is approved.







Is this a review?


  

Comments



Random avatar

Points: 1990
Reviews: 254

Donate
Sat Jun 06, 2009 5:20 am
mikedb1492 wrote a review...



Well, this is the first chapter of your story I've read, but I'll give it a crack anyway.

“Then why did you-”

For parts like this, a triple period works better. So it would be "Then why did you..."
“Jade, for once in your life could you just relax?” She sounded it more like a statement.

I'm not sure if the last part works well enough. Maybe you could put it as "it sounded more like a statement".

Although it was short, I rather liked it. Your characters stand out as original and the dialogue felt very natural. I didn't get a really good look into your story since it was so short, but I'm pretty sure everything else would hold up. Anyway, good job. It was very well written.




User avatar
134 Reviews


Points: 15966
Reviews: 134

Donate
Sat Jun 06, 2009 2:45 am
Hippie wrote a review...



Hello. I haven't read the previous 49 chapters (that's a lot), but I hope I can still help (even if that only means bumping this thread to the top of the list) :wink:

her legs laid out [s]right[/s] in front of her.

Doesn't really need the extra word.

There wasn’t a trace of amusement, sarcasm, or enthusiasm shining in her eyes. Instead, an air of sobriety surrounded her like a force field.

Good description.

I nudged her with my knee and placed my arms behind my head [s]like[/s] to cushion it.

The phrasing seemed a bit colloquial. Don't know whether it was a typo or whatever.

The description at the end was really good by the way.





You can't blame the writer for what the characters say.
— Truman Capote