Why Things Will Never Work

by AngelKnight900

Dear world, You don't even love me Why should I be the daughter in law of the enemy? Fornicating, pushed by you to do it but I know the moment I'll admit it, you'll be the first one to judge me World, just leave me alone Look inside and see the scars that you left You marked me with bruises and stabbed me in the chest You caused so many tear stains on my pillow that there's no tears left To waste And there's only this hard lump in my throat and this pit in my stomach And you laugh in my face Extending a hand but then saying psych! I tricked you again Dear world, Suddenly everyone is a stranger That whenever they come to you, something inside of me screams danger Why am I a topic in conversation without me getting a say in it Why do people treat my past like a joke unaware it hurts me with every mention of it You make me want to stop being a pacifist But what you don't know is that this peace lover is very violent Not in my words or body but in kindness World, you're heartless How do you promote peace and prosperity But still allow violence Devil, you a liar You seduce people in politics "I will promote education. I will fix America's economy. I will improve your finance." Well excuse me Mr. Future President but what about people in the projects? World, you make everything into a puzzle Prices scattered all around, having people look around to unveil your secrets When you have none They're just too blind to see it I see the big picture And you so happen to not be in it I can't wait to leave you Deuces World, you have no swag The definition of swag is how someone carries oneself But people seem to have you on their shoulders You're like Goliath but I know that with David's faith my "puny" stone/God will knock you down like q boulder I don't even know why I try to fit in I'm too awkward and quiet to fit your standards World, you're unfair You urge people to keep chasing When you only pick a few to be lucky You call people far and fags a And wonder why they commit suicide You break people down And accuse them of having no pride World, get out of here I don't want to be with you Im waiting for the divorce papers From Jesus my lawyer and savoir World, our intimate moments Left me feeling makes Didn't feel like love Felt like you raped me Pointing fingers at me, pushing me into a corner Making me regret those moments but also longing for them to happen over and over Over and over they play like a movie Not a romantic comedy but actually horror These sensations eat me from the inside And drown me and when Im lower and lower Falling deeper into depression and sadness Lower and lower and lower It reminds me why this relationship....is over God has shown me What you have hidden All the desires you put in my eventually got cremated Because I burn for Jesus not for what you have given Me World, to me you're nothing but a nuisance I try to please but me you're constantly dissing You put me in prison And now that Im free Im no longer working for you Im a slave to righteousness And I will lift my hands in praise I dont care if you knock me down Im not listening Im tried I'd being a hypocrite Im tired of having secrets Im tired of being a gossiper's subject Im tired of just watching Allowing myself to get constantly used again and again World, I have feelings I may not have been the best person but im trying Im hearing what you're saying but I'm tired of being passive I don't want your Pharisees who put me down for not following God and won't even bother to help me I don't want your therapists to help me with my depression because I seem crazy I don't want to run back and forth between you and God because right now I'm choosing I choose Jesus and because you denied Him, Our relationship will never get to working Goodbye world; there's nothing you can comfort me with You're dead to me but I'm alive with Him

Wed May 30, 2012 12:02 am
PixieStix says...

Hey! Pix here!

This is not a poem...But it's very inspiring. It's more like a speech. Just letting you know. Also, can you extend the font maybe? It's hard to read. There wasn't really any grammar mistakes. Good vocabulary. :)

~Katie

roxyask wrote a review...

First off, this shouldnt be in the poetry section, try the article section maybe?
Second of all-Punctuation! Its very distracting when you're missing commas and fulll stops. You also have random capital letters-again, very distracting!
You're dealing with a lot of different issues, so you might try some paragraphs?
I do find the piece very interesting though, but if you apply some of the above tips, you will have a better flow :)
--Roxy

The best and most beautiful things in the world can not be seen or even touched - they must be felt with the heart.
— Helen Keller