Why

by Amnesia

Why

Why must you hate me

why must you constantly tear me down

I could find the cure for cancer and youd remind me

that it wasnt soon enough

What in your mind

made you hate someone you made

someone who didnt have a choice

as to wheather they wanted to be here or not

You decided when I was born

that I was the one who shoulve died

not my older brother who would probably be telling you

that he doesnt want to know you either.

Why did you decide that I wasnt enough

I could move heaven and earth and youd still look me in the eyes and say it wasnt enough

you stole money i worked hard to make and

took your besties out for lunches and dinners

never once remembering that i needed to eat at work too.

You have never once given a single fucking thought

as to how youve made me feel in the 23 years ive been around

You have never once genuinely loved or cared for me

the writing is on the wall

So go ahead and use my illnesses against me

like theyre weapons to prove that im not enough

but in reality it was you who caused them to surface.

Trauma builds up and after so many years

you cant really expect me to forgive you

How can you?

You dont deserve my forgiveness

for anything youve done.

For the lies youve tried to spread about me

For the abuse I endured at your hands.

I dont owe you a GODDAMN THING

yet you still want to act like youre entitled to it

Why would you look at your daughter with so much hatred

Why wouldnt you just give her to someone who could and would actually love her

why did you have to try so goddamn hard to destroy the very thing you created.

Youre not a mother,

you never were

giving birth doesnt automatically make you one

being a parent does. 

Wed Sep 01, 2021 8:29 am
RandomTalks wrote a review...

Hey!

RandomTalks here with a review!

I hope this finds you in good health.

Wow...This was such a powerful and personal poem. It has a really strong voice that kind of makes you listen until it is done and then you have nothing but these conflicting thoughts in your head. I like how simple it was and straight forward. It raises a big and important issue with a personal touch that many people can relate to. I am not one of those people, but I still felt the strength of this poem, and I think that is what makes it more beautiful.

Youre not a mother,

you never were

being a parent does.

This part was so honest and so true, and I completely agree to it one hundred percent. Giving birth to someone doesn't automatically give you the right to claim them and it most definitely does not make you a mother. Blood does not define who your family is, but relationships do. The kind of parent and person you are determines the kind of mother you are, and if you are no parent to your child, then you are no mother either.

I noticed somewhere the "would've" does not have the 'd' in it, but otherwise, the grammar was alright. Even if it wasn't I feel like it wouldn't have mattered. This poem comes from the heart.

It is beautiful and raw and honest and it hits differently.

Keep writing and I wish you all the luck in life!

LiviK wrote a review...

I would first love to say wow..this was so beautiful and I am sad to say I know how you feel. No not exactly and probably not as bad, but I know how it feels to want another that will build you up. That doesn't make living life harder than it is and you really did an amazing job of that.

"I could find the cure for cancer and you'd remind me

that it wasn't soon enough"

This part really hooked me. The thought of doing something so extraordinary but knowing that this still won't make them happy is painful, and it seems that you go through that every day.

"someone who didnt have a choice

as to wheather they wanted to be here or not"

Parents act like they don't have to do the things they do for you and complain but never realize that it's their fault you are here. ANd in reality none of us like it here anyway. So they brag about having you and having to deal with you but it was their mistake all along.

"You decided when I was born

that I was the one who shoulve died

that he doesnt want to know you either."

This- it's so sad and makes me just want to jump through the screen and tell you it's all going to be okay. but ik that it's not. Because life never has a plan. It's just an elaborate trap. But omg this hits so different. And I once again understand. My mom had a miscarriage two weeks before conserving me. If that baby was on I wouldn't exist and the saddest part is I'm a rebond baby. They had s*x to feel better about losing a child at 18 and accidentally had me.

"ou cant really expect me to forgive you

How can you?

You dont deserve my forgiveness

for anything youve done."

exactly...I don't get why they think we should forgive. Like ur so ridiculous if you think I should give up a piece of myself to tell you that what you did is okay and that is so insane to me.

ANyway this was amazing and if u ever wanna talk my dms are always open...:)

Amnesia says...

I hope youre doing ok now <3 parents can suck and im sorry you had to experience anything near what i grew up dealing with because you never deserved it either

"You know, sometimes all you need is twenty seconds of just embarrassing bravery. And I promise you, something great will come of it."
— We Bought A Zoo