z

Young Writers Society



My Depression

by AlyLee411


Hi my name Aly... And this is my depression story... But for now I'll just tell you somethings about depression and how people handle it.

You may hear a lot of stories of peoples depression... And some of you actually take action and help someone with it, and a lot of you just let it go and say "Oh he/she is just doing that for attention" yes there are some people who do that for attention but atleast 99% teenagers have teenage depression, someone from my school recently died from depression... She commited suicide, her name was Taylor Donnadio she was a cheerleader at Beaver Falls High School... She was a twin sister of Logan Donnadio. She was going through a lot... But probably not the same depression I'm going through. I've recently lost my aunt... I'm constantly bullied and harassed at school, and my grandmother recently had a heart attack... And she could die at any moment. Plus I'm dealing with boy drama that's normal... But I mostly have the teenage depression... The boy drama is part of the depression I have... There's this boy that I love to death... And we've dated 5 times... Yes I know that's a lot and I shouldn't keep going back... But I feel he's the one... But my mother doesn't think that, no one does. and yes he's made mistakes... But I've made a lot too... For once I feel safe with him, he makes me happy, though he does make me cry at times. But that's because I listen to some of his friends when I shouldn't... I've been trying to get him to take me back for awhile now.. And honestly he's the only reason why I wanna be alive... If he ever left my life I wouldn't know what to do... I'd would probably die... He's been helping me through all my depression. And I really thank him for that.

Recently I've had suicide thoughts... But he's always tellin me "Aly don't end your life" when no matter how much I want too I don't... I've even tried commited suicide... It's not worth it...

Trust me ! You'll hurt a lot of people, especially someone you LOVE like the guy I love... You'll lose everything... And there's no coming back ever... Think of the people that'll be hurt... Here are warning signs

Here’s an Easy-to-Remember Mnemonic:

IS PATH WARM?

IIdeation (suicidal thoughts)

SSubstance Abuse

PPurposelessness

AAnxiety

TTrapped

HHopelessness

WWithdrawal

AAnger

RRecklessness

MMood Changes

Warning Signs of Acute Risk:

Threatening to hurt or kill him or herself, or talking of wanting to hurt or kill him/herself; and/or,

Looking for ways to kill him/herself by seeking access to firearms, available pills, or other means; and/or,

Talking or writing about death, dying or suicide, when these actions are out of the ordinary.

Additional Warning Signs:

Increased substance (alcohol or drug) use

No reason for living; no sense of purpose in life

Anxiety, agitation, unable to sleep or sleeping all the time

Feeling trapped - like there’s no way out

Hopelessness

Withdrawal from friends, family and society

Rage, uncontrolled anger, seeking revenge

Acting reckless or engaging in risky activities, seemingly without thinking

Dramatic mood changes.

These warning signs were compiled by a task force of expert clinical-researchers and ‘translated’ for the general public. This is in no way any form of diagnosis or suggestion of diagnosis. Please do not substitute this information with that of any health professional. If you are or know someone who elicits any of these warning signs, please seek the advice of a proper health care professional.

IF YOU OR SOMEONE YOU KNOW THAT AREEXPERIENCING ANY OF THESE SYMPTOMS, CALL THE NUMBER BELOW AND GET HELP!

CALL: 1-800-273-TALK (8255)

VISIT: www.suicidepreventionlifeline.org

ALSO IF YOU WANNA KNOW MORE ABOUT THE GIRL WHO COMMITED SUICIDE AT MY SCHOOL VISIT: www.taylordonnadio.com

REMEMBER THERE HELP FOR EVERYONE ! DON"T END IT ! GET HELP !


Note: You are not logged in, but you can still leave a comment or review. Before it shows up, a moderator will need to approve your comment (this is only a safeguard against spambots). Leave your email if you would like to be notified when your message is approved.







Is this a review?


  

Comments



User avatar
56 Reviews


Points: 4997
Reviews: 56

Donate
Mon Jul 02, 2018 4:29 am
View Likes
aulyasela3597 wrote a review...



The easiest step to tackling depression is to talk to someone – be it a friend, a counselor, anyone who can patiently listen to what’s troubling you. Simply being away from loved ones for extended periods of time causes depression. Make sure you meet up with friends or colleagues for a meal or a cup of coffee regularly to ensure you’re away from being alone at home. In today’s world of video calls, a simple call home will give you a sense of being connected.

When people start to feel depressed, they tend to ignore their health, which leads to further depression. Make sure you exercise. It’s a known fact that the endorphins from exercising promote positive feelings. Do anything that gives you the rush, weights, zumba, kickboxing, pilates…the options are endless. Even a simple walk in the neighborhood park will help. Ensuring a healthy diet with adequate sleep is paramount. Regularize your sleeping pattern, sleeping a minimum of 7 hours a day, chamomile tea or warm milk before bed time helps one relax. Definitely avoid binge watching television or idly browsing the internet late into the night, read a book instead.




Random avatar

Points: 513
Reviews: 16

Donate
Mon Aug 20, 2012 2:56 pm
View Likes
Dreamergirl wrote a review...



Heyy,
I think you should need some work in the introductory, though I like the idea of the whole depression story. But you should avoid all those ellipsis, many relate depression with something else to provide a dramatically effect :)
For starters, I think you shouldn't rush up with all that has happened in the protagonist and the girl from her school, it sort of spoils the flow in the content. Try avoiding that in the future.
It's a good start for a beginner.
I like the whole idea of the Mnemonic. :)
There are a few grammatical and punctuation errors, if you could correct them. This can be good material.
I hope my suggestions helped, really looking forward to read more. :)
Keep writing ~
- Dreamergirl





sometimes i don't consider myself a poet but then i remember that i literally write poetry
— chikara