z

Young Writers Society



A full year

by Alteran


I think people are afraid of you Brad. XD Anyway, I guess I'll give a poetry crit a go.

Incandescence wrote:Q: How does a body disappear?
A: It doesn't.


There were no partitions to this but finally a year was.
The world inside the mirror was heartrenderingly beautiful
and convulsively sad: in it, the already-gone beloved was always turning
a corner. His back in an overcoat. Up front, a high wind and threatening
to upend the stage and the players with it and bring the curtains down.

The cyclone would be worth the risk.

But if only the world would look new again...

Dumb numbers gawked from the clock face. The hole where the hands
were supposed to be was empty and endless. A bell tolled erratically and never
on the hour. Punishment and longing were meted out. Molecules in motion and memory,
the endless M words. He continued to live in the space that it took
to conjure him up. If I had only done X when instead I'd done Y. Then he would have seen
this sun, this rain, this whatever — a light bulb blinking as it's about to go out.
"Define a day for me", someone said. Tragic from beginning to end.


The first bit went straight over my head. I didn't draw anything out of it, mostly from my own stupidity. (your vocab is bigger than mine) I liked the second part best cause I got the image in my head of it.

Well...this is a horribly critique, but I tried. Good job :)


Note: You are not logged in, but you can still leave a comment or review. Before it shows up, a moderator will need to approve your comment (this is only a safeguard against spambots). Leave your email if you would like to be notified when your message is approved.







Is this a review?


  

Comments



User avatar
73 Reviews


Points: 297
Reviews: 73

Donate
Wed Nov 12, 2008 1:24 am
BarrettBenedict wrote a review...



Wow, that gets me right in the buffalo. This impresses on me a loss long pondered, and even after reading it a few times I'm not sure exactly what it points to. But it has left you in limbo, i gather. I can see why few have tried to critique this, because it's a complicated piece, seemingly full of complicated and personal issues that even a councilor would be reticent to touch. But maybe that's just what I'm taking away from it, in my selfishness. Either way, I love the words, and the format. Keep on doing whatever it is you do.





An arrow can only be shot by pulling it backwards. So when life is dragging you back with difficulties, it means that life's going to launch you into something great, so just focus and keep aiming.
— Unknown