Sick And Twisted Perversion Of The Mind

by AllHopeEclipsed555

Massive sacrifices to gloomy skies
Offer deception at fingertips
Of the wicked and shameful

Metallic operas
Pervert the sewer’s angels
Flying with clipped wings

Truth the beautiful wraith
Blends with the boundaries
Casting ghastly creatures in the mirror

Meep wrote a review...

Snoink - You know, I never would have thought to edit that way, but it's a really handy tip. Thank you.

AllHopeEclipsed555 wrote:Pervert the sewer’s angels
Flying with clipped wings

I really like the idea behind this line, although I'm not sure I understand the bit about the sewer. I think that you're starting to get some thing good here - I didn't like the first stanza at all - but then you move on and abandon it. Since you said the last line is the one the poem revolves around, you might choose not to expand on this section here, but it is rather nice and I think it would work well with a little polishing.

Also, I don't feel that the title of the poem fits with the poem itself. It's like false advertising.

This poem kind-of reminds me of Neil Gaiman's book, Neverwhere. (That's a good thing, by the way.) It might be something worth reading, both because it's good, and because I think it deals with something similar to this poem. (Or, the feel of it is the same ... I can't quite put my finger on it.)

It makes sense if you understand all the metaphors. Although I probably shouldn't of made the entire poem based on the last line (I don't know if that makes any sense). Without some of the adjetives the poem should not make sense at all, again specifically the last line which is what the poem revolves around.

THank you all for your critiques I will take them into consideration :D !

Jasmine Hart wrote a review...

I agree about the adjectives, and I'd use punctuation. I loved the second stanza, but I think that you could feel this more, hence helping your readers to feel it. I just thought I should be disturbed by this, but I wasn't. I know I'm not being all that articulate, I'm sorry, and please feel free to pm me if I'm being too vague. I liked the idea and scene you've created, but I think you can make this more poweful.

Sun Sep 09, 2007 6:03 am
Snoink wrote a review...

This has too many adjectives to make a strong point. Let me demonstrate -- if I took out all the adjectives, it would look like this:

Sacrifices to skies
Offer deception at fingertips
Of the wicked and shameful

operas
Pervert the sewer’s angels
Flying with wings

Truth the wraith
Blends with the boundaries
Casting creatures in the mirror

See? Now it doesn't make any sense. Which is bad because that means you described with adjectives instead of actually showing us something meaningful. Show us something that can be described with colorful nouns and verbs with maybe a story behind it, and it will be a gorgeous poem.

If you are tired remember it's a sign that you haven't expired
— fatherfig