z

Young Writers Society


E - Everyone

remember

by Charm


I want to remember moments like these...
summer nights where the air is thick,
and filled with the sound of cicadas.
I want to remember life like this,
warm feet against cold stone,
pen scribbling against thin paper.
I want to remember the way the moon
reflects in the ripples of the water,
the way the trees create shadows in the sky.
I want to stay there until the sun rises,
shining through the trees, breaking open
the shadows and then,
I'll know that it's a new day.


Note: You are not logged in, but you can still leave a comment or review. Before it shows up, a moderator will need to approve your comment (this is only a safeguard against spambots). Leave your email if you would like to be notified when your message is approved.







Is this a review?


  

Comments



User avatar
77 Reviews


Points: 104
Reviews: 77

Donate
Fri May 27, 2016 7:55 am
MemoryHunter wrote a review...



Somehow this poem gives me a nice, memorable feeling. Which is warm and cute. I like memories, and I like the way you describe one in this piece. I can vividly imagine where the narrator is, what he/she/you see.

There's nothing else I can say, really. You've perceived everything beautifully. One thing I would like to say, though, is that if I wrote this, I wouldn't repeat the word 'trees' twice, especially in the same stanza. But, nobody seems to notice that and think it's a flaw, so it's up to you. Personally, I think another word would suit the second 'tree' word. Perhaps branches? Or other synonyms.

That's all~

Happy Writing~!




User avatar


Points: 276
Reviews: 3

Donate
Thu May 26, 2016 2:16 pm
TeenageSupergirl wrote a review...



AliceAfternoon,

Wow. Just wow. This is a great poem. I love your techniques to paint a picture in my head of what you were seeing. It was great. My only suggestion is that you divide this poem into a few stanzas. I would suggest that you divide it at every "I want to remember..." That's literally my only suggestion. This was a really great poem and it was beautifully written.




Charm says...


Thanks :)



User avatar
108 Reviews


Points: 3342
Reviews: 108

Donate
Thu May 26, 2016 4:52 am
View Likes
bluewaterlily says...



Absolutely beautiful Alice. One of your best yet.




Charm says...


Really? I don't know haha. Thank you xD



User avatar
120 Reviews


Points: 4842
Reviews: 120

Donate
Thu May 26, 2016 4:52 am
View Likes
RippleGylf wrote a review...



Very beautiful and picturesque. I think it perfectly captures a lazy summer night. The imagery is breathtaking. I know I love seeing the silhouettes of trees on a dusk/dawn sky, and you very clearly captured that.

I want to remember the way the moon
reflects in the ripples of the water.
the way the trees create shadows in the sky

You could change this period to a comma to make more grammatical sense and fit with the punctuation of the rest of the poem. If this shift in punctuation is intentional and meaningful, by all means keep it. It just seemed off compared to the rest of the punctuation.

Overall, just an amazing poem. Keep writing!




Charm says...


Thank you




All we can do is our best, and hope that it was enough.
— CandyWizard