z

Young Writers Society


E - Everyone

I Hate Poetry

by AlexOfLight


Poetry is torture

Poetry is pain

It fills me with rage

And the rage roars in anger.

It spews hot red flames,

And smoke chokes the air,

blackens the sky.

                                    

Finally the rage abates,

And the sky clears.

I accept bitter fate

On a silver plate.

I need good grades.


Note: You are not logged in, but you can still leave a comment or review. Before it shows up, a moderator will need to approve your comment (this is only a safeguard against spambots). Leave your email if you would like to be notified when your message is approved.







Is this a review?


  

Comments



User avatar
42 Reviews


Points: 8
Reviews: 42

Donate
Thu May 09, 2019 5:51 am
View Likes
seekingthetruth wrote a review...



for someone who hates poetry you did an awesome job. you used imagery and emotive lauauge to get your feelings of poetry across. for me this poem was too short you could add one more paragraph just to build tension and suspense for the reader. also the final line "I need good grades" does not fit in with the overall tone of the poem you use good words and great sentances but I felt that the final line did not fit in with the tone of the poem.

7/10




User avatar
12 Reviews


Points: 112
Reviews: 12

Donate
Wed May 08, 2019 10:01 pm
View Likes
Dilbert64 says...



Oh sweet irony. Also it would be so funny if you actually gave this in to your teacher.




AlexOfLight says...


I did and she thought it was funny.



User avatar
118 Reviews


Points: 7386
Reviews: 118

Donate
Wed May 08, 2019 9:12 pm
View Likes
FabihaNeera wrote a review...



I love the idea, lol. Super ironic and also kind of relatable... I mean I don't hate poetry but it just takes me a while to think of an idea. I like the descriptions and the imagery... I can really see how this makes you feel. The last line also just ties everything together nicely. Great work!

Keep Writing. :)




User avatar
42 Reviews


Points: 106
Reviews: 42

Donate
Wed May 08, 2019 4:40 pm
View Likes
Corvus wrote a review...



great poem, very ironic. not much I could find to give you advise on but this is what I got.

"And smoke chokes the air,

blackens the sky." I would replace the word blackens with blackening because the smoke is causing the sky to blacken. (that is the most I have ever said the word blacken in one sentence)


"I accept bitter fate

On a silver plate." I would say "accept my bitter fate" instead of just "accept bitter fate"

nice poem, well done.




User avatar
26 Reviews


Points: 574
Reviews: 26

Donate
Wed May 08, 2019 3:52 pm
View Likes
Fantascifi66 says...



*claps enthusiastically, and shouts*
I LOVE IT!!!!! If I was a teacher, I'd grade that an A+++!





I see no reason to celebrate the random timing of natural events by eating poison and singing.
— Dilbert