autobiography- part 1

by Acid_Fairy

PROLOGUE

It all happened way beofre i can remeber. I guess if i could rember that farback, none of it would have made sense anyway. I must have been about one at the time. too young to understand why we lived with my aunt uncle and cousins. Some years later when i was about Four i still couldn't really firgure out why i didn't live with my dad. Or why that when he came on his short cisits every few months he never stayed to see mum.

Soon another man came into my life. 'Dad'. Before I knew it i had a little sister and mum was getting married. my Papi's vists were few and far between and no-one seemed to understand me. It finally all ,made sense. everything fell into place. And the worst part was...it made me care. After a few years when i was eleven Dad's job took us out to Dubai, U.A.E. My final day at Primary achool ended in tears as I said goodbye to those friends who had always stood by me. Then it was more goodbyes as we flew off to start yet another new life somewhere else...

CHAP 1- summer 1998

I sat restlessly on my granny's sofa. Trying to concentrate on 'Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs' flickering on the TV screen infront of me. It was one of my favourite films but i still couldn't resist running to the window everytome i heard a car to see if it was him. I hadn't seen my Papi in almost a year and i couln't wait!

I checked the clock. 5:30. he'd said he'd be here by 5:30 i'm sure. well maybe he was running late i told myself. i jumped as the phone rang and Granny went to pick it up.

'Hello?...Yes...Yes, she's here with me...I see...right then.' she hung up without saying goodbye, then came and sqautted down beside me.

'Sofi, sweethear...' I looked at her expectantly, 'Your papi, he's not going to be able to make today...I'm really sorry...he says you can meet up wnother time...OK...?' I swallowed and picked up my small bag all packed for an overnight staythen said quietly

'Please take me home now.' I looked down at the floor so she wouldn't see the tear fall from eye and fall silently onto my shoe...

See, we could have been called The Shoes.
— Paul McCartney