by ASH1397

Mon Jan 21, 2013 5:10 am
Aley wrote a review...

You should put something up <3 We promise to be gentle.

ASH1397 says...

Ill put something new up soon. maybe later today :)

Sat Jan 12, 2013 7:18 pm
Deanie wrote a review...

Did you delete this? Why?

hey, ash.

I will lose the weight I want to, even when it gets rough.

after all the other resolutions centering around personality traits and all that other good, MEANINGFUL (in a morality / personality sort of way -- i don't know quite how to phrase it), this comes off seeming extremely shallow. i know the meaning behind it: you have to push through, and it really does rely on personality and motivation, but the way you've phrased it makes it sound, as i said, shallow, and not on par to everything else. rephrase and it'll be alright.

and I will not choose to stay with them.

hey, let's phrase this the best way we can, right?
firstly, I will not choose to stay with them is weird because isn't this whole piece about CHOOSING? positively? not "not choose"?
which means you'd rewrite it: I will choose not to stay, but come on, "not to stay"? we can say, "I will choose to leave them behind". isn't that much better?!

also, ash, come on~ i know you wanted to get rhymey in the second part, but it takes all the strength away from what came before it, and you leave us on "go have fun?" like, it could be a noble request, really heartfelt, but that's not how it reads. it reads "this is a fluffy happy poem and not serious feelings at all!". i'd delete it all but the demons, part, 'cause that's strong.

let me know through pm if you have any questions!

good luck. (: with this and your resolutions.

ASH1397 says...

Yep. Thanks.

Too bad all the people who know how to run this country are busy running taxicabs or cutting hair.
— George Burns