z

Young Writers Society



The Regiments, scene 3

by 82manycookies


5:25 PM

Year 6021

Rune City

“Alright, take this to this address and you’re done. Just lock up when you come back.” Tidus said handing Shiva a wrapped package with a piece of paper on it. Shiva took it after setting down another beer glass and looked at the letter with the address.

“Okay, but where are you going so soon?”

“I have to go meet Reno and Kyle at the mountains.”

“You know I haven’t seen you for a while.”

“I know it’s nice to see you guys again.” Shiva smiled and walked outside to get her motorbike as Tidus turned the open sign to the closed sign. She slipped her leather gloves on, mounted herself on and put the package on the front of the motorbike, and after churning the motor on with a loud sputtering she zoomed off down Main Street. She weaved around other people and bikers on the nearly empty streets. She had wanted to call Reno and ask how he was doing, but the customer always had something to say or argue about. Either that or they need to be her first priority while on shift. That’s what Tidus and she had agreed on at least.

She stopped in front of an old apartment building with one good window. She got off her bike and with the package under one of her arms she took her gloves off and put them in her side pocket. The sun was now setting and the usual gray was now turning a dark purple orange haze. It shined in her brown, almost black hair that was pulled back loose in a purple ribbon she normally wore around her neck. The ribbon was a sign of their group, The Regiments. The Regiments involved: Tidus Harperwind, Kyle Straught, Reno Rivera, Carlos, and Faris Shae.

“Harperwind Goodale Delivery Service.” Shiva said knocking on the door. It opened almost instantly, but only a crack.

“Do you have my package?” a frail voice called out.

“Yeah.”

“Okay. Just put it through the doggy door at the bottom; okay?”

“Sure. Your package cost-” The person slammed the door in Shiva’s face and stuck its hand through the doggy door with twenty dollars and dropped it on the door mat. Shiva tentatively picked it up and noticed the ink black marks on the customer’s arm before she shoved the package through the doggy door. The marking was the same kind she had on her forearm. It was the sign of the Aerostigma, a plague that started during the war with Azeroth who had released it from a science lab.

“Thank you for using the Harperwind Goodale Delivery Service.” Shiva murmured and put the money in her back pocket.

When there wasn’t an answer she walked back to her bike and took out her cell phone.

“Hey Reno, is Kyle there... Slow down I can’t understand- He what? Where are you? Okay I’ll get Tidus and we’ll be right there”


Note: You are not logged in, but you can still leave a comment or review. Before it shows up, a moderator will need to approve your comment (this is only a safeguard against spambots). Leave your email if you would like to be notified when your message is approved.







Is this a review?


  

Comments



Random avatar

Points: 2005
Reviews: 24

Donate
Wed Jun 24, 2009 12:49 am
RainWanderer wrote a review...



And im here for the 3rd part of "The Regiments"! And 1st one to review too! Yay for me! =D

Now lets see...

She slipped her leather gloves on, mounted herself on and put the package on the front of the motorbike, and after churning the motor on with a loud sputtering she zoomed off down Main Street.


Don't you think the word "on" is being overused here?

She got off her bike and with the package under one of her arms she took her gloves off and put them in her side pocket


Shouldnt there be a comma after "under one of her arms"?

The person slammed the door in Shiva’s face and stuck its hand through the doggy door with twenty dollars and dropped it on the door mat


"its hand"? That is a person, so you should not use "its", consider "stuck a hand"

It was the sign of the Aerostigma, a plague that started during the war with Azeroth who had released it from a science lab.


Oooh! A plague! Sound like "Geosigma" from FF7! =D

Your story sound kinda cool now, things are now setting to action! I look forward to read more!





You can't blame the writer for what the characters say.
— Truman Capote