z

Young Writers Society



I AM SHERLOCKED (Sherlock Holmes' last appeasrence)

by 787ellen


I needed peace, something good to controll the bad. I needed a light to help me forget the death and to carry on. Kneeling on the wet grass infront of his grave I smiled sadly, if Sherlock Holmes was alive to see me I thought, he would be trying to figure me out. He wouldn't know why I was there and would be fraustrated that he couldn't figure me out. Looking into the black granit headstone I saw a familiar fugure, closing my eyes I smiled. With a longing sigh I knew I would have to turn around and face him but I just couldn't bring myself to do it. Finally feeling brave enough I stood and faced him; from under the plastic hooded sweat shirt I saw his eyes shining. "Molly..." I was too disapointed, too hurt to answer him back and so just let him lead me behind the tree.

Taking his hood, he allowed me to push it back over his head to reveal his coal black hair. Then pinching the skin of my hand with my long nails I stood in silence, staring up at my Sherlock Holmes. Slowly his hand rose to the same level as my cheek and then with a smile he touched me softly. Remembering how I had been feeling just sceonds ago I stepped back and let a tear roll down my face. "How could you not find me? After all I did for you Sherlock, everyday I have to pretend and lie. You promised that you would find me." Taking a large breath I readied myself for one of his famously spitefull comments but all he did was look at me. For the first time ever Sherlock actually looked at me, holding my gaze.

His silence made me so nervous, he could tell and smiled, taking my quaking hands in his. Though I had missed him I couldn't stand his touch, for him to feel wasn't him at all and it made my feel uncomfortable. "Don't pretend that you care Sherlock, because I know that you don't. You even said it yourself, you don't have a heart." His empty eyes began to look not so empty and his lips fell, I had effected him, finally. "Molly I..." he sucked in a breath, "You're right, I don't have a heart but I do care. I've been waiting for you here, it's the only place we can meet." Looking down I saw that our hands were still intertwined, he looked at them as well but neither off us pulled away. Then I saw how wrong this all was and turned my back on him.

I stepped out of the shadow of the tree and ran back towards my car, he couldn't call out for me and I kew he didn't want to because he knew that I was right. He could never care about me the way that he wanted to, Sherlock would never be capable of true love and that's why I decided that it was better for me to walk away. My heart had needed saving along time ago and now he was too late. Standing at my car, key in hand unwanted thoughts of him floated in my head. He had said that I did count and that I always had, he had needed me and right then I neede him. For yeasr I had wanted him to want me, to hold me, to love me; now that he did I had turned him away.

In that second I realised that I was wrong, he could love me, he did love me. Turning around I started back to the cemetery. I ran past his grave and over to the tree, I ran all around the tree and could not find him. Tracing my steps, I found myself back at his grave. Lying on the grass was a single red rose and a letter, which read;

Dearest Molly,

I do love you,

All my love,

Sherlock Holmes

I had missed my last chance at loving the only man I could ever love, I had missed Sherlock Holmes.


Note: You are not logged in, but you can still leave a comment or review. Before it shows up, a moderator will need to approve your comment (this is only a safeguard against spambots). Leave your email if you would like to be notified when your message is approved.







Is this a review?


  

Comments



User avatar
802 Reviews


Points: 18884
Reviews: 802

Donate
Sun Jul 27, 2014 5:04 am
Dracula wrote a review...



Hey! I'll look at the nitpicks first...

Kneeling on the wet grass infront of his grave I smiled sadly, if Sherlock Holmes was alive to see me I thought, he would be trying to figure me out. He wouldn't know why I was there and would be fraustrated that he couldn't figure me out.

This is just a little repetitive, try to rephrase it. And for the following part, you spelt granite wrong, just fix that bit :D

Remembering how I had been feeling just sceonds ago I

Just fix seconds.

and his lips fell, I had effected him, finally. "Molly I..." he sucked in a breath, "You're right, I don't have a heart but I do care.

Affected. "I don't have a heart, (don't forget the comma) but I do care."

right then I neede him. For yeasr I had wanted him to want me,

There's a few typos here.

Eek! That is so sad! I personally have always shipped Sherlolly and hoped that Sherlock would get himself together. I really like your short story, it's something that I can imagine happening. Good job!

In the spirit of Pokemon Day...
Spoiler! :
I wanna be the very best
Like no one ever was
To catch them is my real test
To train them is my cause

I will travel across the land
Searching far and wide
Each Pokemon to understand
The power that's inside

Pokemon gotta catch them all its you and me
I know it's my destiny
Pokemon, oh, you're my best friend
In a world we must defend
Pokemon, a heart so true
Our courage will pull us through

You teach me and I'll teach you
Pokemon, gotta catch 'em all

Every challenge along the way
With courage I will face
I will battle every day
To claim my rightful place

Come with me, the time is right
There's no better team
Arm in arm we'll win the fight
It's always been our dream




User avatar
33 Reviews


Points: 253
Reviews: 33

Donate
Fri Dec 07, 2012 4:17 pm
CaptainFinick wrote a review...



This was wonderful despite some small spelling errors.

I assume I'm right in thinking that this is linked to the BBC TV series Sherlock.
I enjoyed reading this and it was fun to see your interpretation of how Molly Hooper would feel. She was a wonderful character to the series and to see her brought alive in this piece of work was wonderful. Anyone who watched Sherlock would know that she was deeply in love with Sherlock Holmes and his own amazing logic made him blind to that fact.
Another widely believed rumor is that it was her who helped him to fake his own death in the series to episode 'The Reichanbach Fall'. Well done for supporting this theory as I too believe it to be a possibility.
Also displayed in 'The Reichanbach Fall' was Sherlock telling Molly something after he said 'You were wrong you know. You do count.' and after she asked what he needed he said 'You'.
I'm glad that you latched onto this because it was a wonderful thing and you have really revealed a different side to Sherlock Holmes one that may or may not appear in the BBC series.
I enjoyed the ending and the letter most of all because it showed that there may have been hope for Sherlock Holmes and Molly Hooper.

However, and this is the part of a review that is often unpleasant, there were some errors in this work. Luckily they were mostly spelling. You spelled the word 'appearance' in the title wrong and there were many spelling mistakes in the text that followed. Thankfully, though, these mistakes did not make it difficult for me to read the piece of work you have written.

I would like to congratulate you on the piece of you have done.
Keep on writing.





The simple truth is that authors like making people squirm. If this weren't the case, all novels would be filled completely with cute bunnies having birthday parties.
— Brandon Sanderson, Alcatraz Versus the Evil Librarians