Mature Content

him.

by 111

he drags my hand down

my lungs retract and collapse

my heart shatters and pierces my stomach

what is he doing?

why is he doing?

I'm crazy.

my heart aches for him and I don't know why.

my head hurts

my lungs

what happened to the flowers he promised?

the promised paragraphs?

the promised poems?

I long for the days of when he loved me

and held me

and touched me

I hate him and I hate that I don't

I hate that he hurt me

and fooled me

and loved me

I can't breathe and my hand drags to grab my phone

I need to talk to him

but I can't,

I'm crazy.

Stickied -- Thu Dec 07, 2023 10:33 pm
111 says...

when I uploaded my writing the format got a little messed up, sorry about that :(

Sat Dec 09, 2023 2:04 am
izzyfaith4115 wrote a review...

I realted to this one a lot, lol that's probably not a good thing.
My favorite line was
"I hate him and I hate that I don't

I hate that he hurt me

"
This one stuck with me because it's always so indecisive
to hate someone or to not, i never know because the good can outweight the bad but also the bad is so much worse.
I've struggled some time to get over my last relationship just because the simple question of 'why?'

The two other lines I really liked and that hit deep were, "what is he doing?

why is he doing?"

There is not too many words to say or questions to ask besides why, it seems like whether this poem is based on true story or not whoever is writing this just has teh question why, going through grief and the losing and mourning of this person that is still very much alive. I've felt that, and i've felt it way too hard. The question of why would someone do that to me ponders on my mind 24/7 it is quite literally my roman empire.

I like how the despair and grief is reflected throughout this entire poem, you connect with readers who have felt this pain on this level, and you also bond with them. That is something special to have with your readers, keep up the good work :)

Fri Dec 08, 2023 5:28 am
thecursedpoem says...

“What is he doing?

Why is he doing?

I’m crazy.”

Maybe it is just me, but that part sticks out to me like nothing else. Because love is inexplicable, you may fall in love with someone or something for no clause, you may give your everything to them for reasons you never know and then when that love isn’t reciprocated. When you feel like you’re drifting away from that love, you don’t understand what is happening, you don’t understand why is it happening and you look for reasons to blame, anything but yourself but in the end it comes back to you… ‘I’m crazy.’ In the end you just blame yourself for falling harder than he ever did.

This poem, personally for me, seems to resonate with lost times, and the feeling of not being able to get over someone you loved ever so dearly. And it scares me how our own feelings of affection can turn against us one day, leaving you feeling helpless and confused.

I just relate with this poem to an extent. Thank you, this just touched a sweet spot.

Fri Dec 08, 2023 5:27 am
thecursedpoem wrote a review...

“What is he doing?

Why is he doing?

I’m crazy.”

Deal with the faults of others as gently as with your own.
— Chinese proverb