Why?

by 0o0BumbleeBee0o0

This is for Ben Hartley, one of my dearest friends, he recently went suicidal. He was only 16. I will miss him forever. And will never forget him. I knew him from the time he was 4 years old and we have been so close ever since. He has had a tough time in life, from racism, to homophobia, he was judged on everything just because he was African American and gay. I hope this helps you see what a disgusting thing predjudice is. This is only my second poem, and it is my way of expressing myself, so i know it won't be perfect, but just bare with me. Thank you for listening.

Life is so strange,
so beautiful,
but so much pain,
so much bad that comes with good,
so much good comes with bad,
So why do we keep trying?
Keep trudging till the end?
Why don't we just give up?
Why don't we just give in?
Love is so hard,
And judged no matter who,
and why is it your buisness?
Why would you understand?
Why should you get to judge?
When you were dealt a better hand,
I know that it gets confusing,
I know that it gets bad,
but to ruin someone else,
for the pain you've had,
for the times you've suffered,
well isn't that just grand?
you can unload your fury and saddness,
on someone different than you,
someone with less power,
someone with less grief,
how can you know just who they are?
how could you know,
just how grieved they are?
so take a second look,
before you take it to far,
for you may just see,
that you have raised the par.
Life is so strange,
so beautiful,
so please,
stop the pain.

Wed Feb 25, 2009 2:55 pm
KnightlyAngel09 wrote a review...

This is really good. I think the fact that it truly came from the heart gave it so much emotion and made it really beautiful. Prejudice is indeed a sad thing. Racism is another major mess up in the concepts this world has created over time. It creates so much disorder and pain.

Keep writing. This was good and strong. It makes people think twice about their own humanity.

--Knightly

Thank you so much. I will maybe try and improve it. His mom wants me to read it at his funeral. But everytime I think of it, I burst into tears. I cant even describe the pain that I am going through. I wish I could, but the closest I have come to it is that its like walking on this really thin sheet of glass. You can't see the bottom, so when it breaks, you are wondering what the landing will be like. Will it be hard? Will it be soft? Will it be easy to recover from? Or will it take the rest of your life?
He was so good a friend to me. And i knew that he suffered inside himself, but I always thought "That can't be" because when we hung out he seemed so fine. But I think that I knew somewhere inside me that things werent all right.
I crashed. And I think that I will be injured for the rest of my life. I loved him so much. He was my only friend. Ever. And now he's gone.
I'm sorry to pour my hearts out to you random internet people, but I cant talk to anyone else. I dont have anyone else.
Love and Peace,
Isi

Tue Feb 24, 2009 12:05 am
thedelphinater wrote a review...

Aw, that's sad about your friend. People are so stupid sometimes it drives me nuts. Anyway, your poem was really good. I found two little things that you might want to fix though. Firstly, the beginnings of all the lines need to be capitalized. you did it in some places, most times you didn't. Secondly, you might want to work on your punctuation. Other than where it asks questions, it's basically one big run-on-sentence thought, thing, for lack of a better word.I'm not sure if that's something that you have to do, poetry is not my forte, and neither is punctuation, but it'll help the reader see where different thoughts begin and end. Anyway, this was really good for your second poem, so awesome!

Death is cheap, and so is life, but a reputation is not easily recovered.
— SirenCymbaline the Kiwi