Something I wrote in class

by -KayJuran-

Okay, I did this in a bit of a rush so go easy on me... it sounds better if you say it aloud though.

Why the sorrow, why the pain?
Why the grieving, why the shame?
Why do tears shine in your eyes?
Why must I hear a thousand lies?
Why must I hear your mournful call?
Sorrow fading as you fall.
You hit your head upon the ground,
Your world now spinning round and round.
You pass away and so it seems,
The sorrows gone but not the means.

Wed Feb 22, 2006 2:53 am
Fireweed wrote a review...

My immediate response after reading the first line was that it was going to be whiney and cliche, which it was a bit, i spose, but it has lovely flow and rhyme and rythm. Definitely great for something composed in a hurry. I love the phrase "sorrow fading as you fall..." gorgeous. It rolls of the toungue.

I'd go back and fix the capitalization and apostrophe errors, and give this a title. Nice job.

-KayJuran- says...

innerbeauty555 wrote:This was a pretty good poem. Make sure you capitalize your I's, though. You also need an apostraphe in "sorrow's" in the last line, since you are using it in this way. The rhyme was very nice, though. I wish I could rhyme like that. :-)

*Also, not to be mean, but the rules do say not to bump topics.*

Keep writing! You have wonderful potential! :)
-*-*--Diana--*-*-

Oops, sorry - am not very good at reading rules / instructions before i do things...

Thanks everyone who has left a comment! :)

innerbeauty555 wrote a review...

This was a pretty good poem. Make sure you capitalize your I's, though. You also need an apostraphe in "sorrow's" in the last line, since you are using it in this way. The rhyme was very nice, though. I wish I could rhyme like that. :-)

-*-*--Diana--*-*-

Snip Snip says...

That is a really good poem. You might have accidently used bad capitalization or you might have done it on purpose. Otherwise, yeah, the flow is excellent, and the rhyming... WORKS.

Meshugenah wrote a review...

*grumbles* I think you remain one of the few people whose writing I can't critique properly.

flow's good, I like the parallels in the first part especially up to "sorrow fading as you fall". Now, as I'm so useful (almost as much as Jack!), I shall go and sulk and brood over it until I can be useful. good job, as always.

-KayJuran- says...

I'm just bumping this thread cause this is possibly one of my favourite things I've written, so please leave your comments. Thanks very much! :P

~KayJuran~

Wulie says...

Its really good I like it muchously :)

Sat Dec 04, 2004 10:16 pm
-KayJuran- says...

Hey, thanks everyone for all the comments! I'm going to go look at other people's stuff now...

(realised I haven't commented as much as I could have done...)

Wed Dec 01, 2004 5:43 am
Elelel says...

I enjoyed it. Your flow is good, and the rhyming was so good you could barely tell it was there, it didn't sound forced or anything. :D

Wed Dec 01, 2004 12:22 am
electricbluemonkey wrote a review...

I loved it. The rhyming was the best part of it, it flowed really good and the rhyming was just...so good.

I could almost say it in song while I was reading it...in fact, I did when I read it... :D

Tue Nov 30, 2004 6:39 pm
Firestarter says...

This is really good.

Very quick and easy to follow, and nice rhymes.

I like your style, it could be changed in some parts to keep the flow, but I can't suggest much (useful aren't I!).

Tue Nov 30, 2004 6:25 pm
darko says...

I like it.
Crisp pace, good flow and easy to read - my kinda ditty.

I think the more you understand myths, the more you understand the roots of our culture and the more things will resonate.
— Rick Riordan