z

Young Writers Society



No such thing as 'peace'

by WartyFingleBlaster


I think by writing I will make the pain go away

but everything I write makes the pain even greater

its like a cancer eating me slowly, knowing it cannot be stopped

and bullying me 'til my last breath.

Does peace exist? Why would someone invent

such a word, if no one was ever present to prove its

existence. "Move on" is an easy term to use, when you can't.


Note: You are not logged in, but you can still leave a comment or review. Before it shows up, a moderator will need to approve your comment (this is only a safeguard against spambots). Leave your email if you would like to be notified when your message is approved.







Is this a review?


  

Comments



User avatar
116 Reviews


Points: 9869
Reviews: 116

Donate
Thu Feb 14, 2013 1:25 pm
InfinityAndBeyond wrote a review...



Hi! I'll be reviewing your poem today :)

I like how you've strongly put across your opinion into a poem of peace being non-existent to you. You've put your anger towards it well. But i'd suggest just some minor changes to it.

Firstly, your sentences are quite long so you should cut them so they're shorter for presetation purposes, otherwise everything flowed together.

I think you should re-arange the start to, your second part of the poem, the first part about the cancer and last breath should be the closing, it seems like more of an ending.
E.g.

Does peace exist?
Why would someone invent
such a word if no one was ever
meant to prove its existence.
"Move on" is an easy term to use,
when you can't.

I think by writing I will make the
pain go away.
But everything I write makes the
pain even greater.
It's like a cancer eating me slowly,
knowing it cannot be stopped and
bullying me 'til my last breath.

Maybe something like that? Out of curiostity what lead you to the conclusion there's no such thing as peace? Explain that more in your poem.

Overall great poem! Hopefully this review was of help to you.


- Infinity :)






Indeed it was, thanks for the feedback



User avatar
10 Reviews


Points: 184
Reviews: 10

Donate
Thu Feb 14, 2013 7:05 am
senzafine wrote a review...



Reflecting to the story, it seems like you're bugged or somewhat controlled. There's so much hatred and I believe you want to break-free from it so you wrote it instead. :)

I agree with the one who had commented. It would be better to have proper punctuation and breaking of lines.

I prefer to read poetry with simple yet striking words such as this. Uhm.. I'm not really a good writer so I can't advise much. I just hope to see more of your works soon. :)






Thanks for the review.



User avatar
103 Reviews


Points: 451
Reviews: 103

Donate
Wed Feb 13, 2013 11:56 pm
wordsandwishes wrote a review...



Hi there!

To start, I have to say I really like the concept of this piece. It's nice to read something a little more origional after a while, and I found that as I continued to read this, I realized I'd seen hints of the same message in other poems. It seems to be a concept used quite often to convey others. I'm glad to see that you've found a way to isolate it so well using so few words.

However, like all new poems, there are a few things that could be improved on here:

1. "and bullying me 'til my last breath."

I think that replacing the word 'bullying' with 'pushing' or 'beating' would fit better. But of course, that's just my opinion.

2. "its like a cancer eating me slowly, knowing it cannot be stopped"

'its' should be 'it's'

3. "Does peace exist? Why would someone invent"

I think that the line 'Does peace exist?' would make more impact if it was left on its own. Again, it's just my opinion.

So, overall it was a great piece!

8/10

Keep writing! ^u^

-w&w






Thanks for the review, I'll fix any grammatical errors later.



User avatar


Points: 300
Reviews: 0

Donate
Wed Feb 13, 2013 6:16 pm
Samantha082 says...



I loved the reference to cancer and how you emphasized the pain. I enjoyed reading this story. Keep up the good work!






Thanks a bunch.




rule #1 of being a potato: potatoes gotta defend their friends from negative self-talk
— Spearmint