Unnamed Sidekick Screenplay Act1 Scene1

by Thespiman

Robin is in a cage in The Jokers lair.

ROBIN: Holy imprisonment Batman, get me out of here!

JOKER: The big ol' bat won't be getting you out of this one... You queer! I have rigged every single doorway with mother fucking joker bombs!

Batman climbs in through the window.

JOKER: OH SHIT!

BATMAN: Looks like I have seen through your... SHADY plot!

ROBIN: Really Batman?

BATMAN: You try to think of a clever window oneliner... You queer!

ROBIN: Ok, how about "I have seen through you transparent plot?"

BATMAN: That's just mine with transparent instead of shady!

ROBIN: The window doesn't even have shades... It makes no since whatsoever.

The Jokers legs are seen as he is escaping through the window.

BATMAN: You let him get away!

ROBIN: Me? I'm stuck in this cage. You are such a PANE! See? Not that hard.

blackout

Rose wrote a review...

Greetings Scriptwriter!

Beyond my usual haunts, I'm diving headfirst into some new reading material, ready for an adventure. I whip out my trusty binoculars, and what do I see? An interesting script titled "Unamed Sidekick" that definitely deserves a solid review. So, no more waiting around, let's jump right in!

Very first of all, I must say that I quite enjoyed reading this script. I mean, it is batman after all. I've never really watched the batman movies, just heard about it, seen some parts, but that was that.
You did create a whole new side of it, well, you did use the main elements but you completely changed it with the humour in there and I love it!

I don't know if Robin was already a character in the batman movies, excuse my lack of batman-movies-knowledge, but you sure did create a very humorous sort of friendship between him and batman. And the joker also has a whole other side.

Everything in all and all in everything, your script has true potential and I hope you will make a sort of series out of this. Keep on doing what you do! And while lengthy reviews may dive deep, short reviews can still make a splash!

That's it, that's all.
Hoping the review has been of value to you!

With writer’s love,
Rose

Tue Dec 15, 2015 5:35 pm
HolographicLadybug wrote a review...

Hello! Holographic Ladybug here with a short review!

While I found this somewhat amusing, there are a couple of things that could use some work.
For example, I have no idea what the Joker's lair looks like. You should probably explain the setting to help the reader view the scene better. After all, this is a script and it's a bit harder to describe a setting than in a short story.
I wasn't even aware that there was a window in the first place.
You should probably also pay attention to grammar mistakes, too. I have spotted a few.

I apologize if I sound really grumpy here. I'm just trying to be useful! ;)
~Holographic Ladybug

Thu Dec 26, 2013 10:36 pm
michaelloffet wrote a review...

Well, it seems as if three batverse's have collided, the 60's, the Arkham games and a completely new Robot Chickenesque world. (satirical) From when the Jokers first line I could see you were not taking a serious approach, which to be honest I don't mind. We need a light hearted Batman now and again but not so light hearted as the brave and the bold which I despised. Well done and I hope to see more satirical Batman in the future.

Thu Aug 29, 2013 12:44 am
TaKairee99 says...

I really like this piece of work
To me it was very good
It was also very creative
and you should diffidently keep writing

Searria H. wrote a review...

Hey there, Thespiman!

Okay, so...I read this a really long time ago. Probably back in October of last year. But I couldn't really review it because (yes, I am ashamed) I had never really seen Batman. SO I watched a few episodes of every old Batman show I could find, cartoon and live action. In short, I enjoyed this so much that I actually started watching Batman. Congrats! :elephant:

Anyway, it takes quite a bit to get more than a smile out of me. And you got a genuine giggle out of me! :D

I agree completely with Lauren's review, but I have a feeling that this is just a fun little project. I'll try not to get to serious over it. :D

There were a couple of typos:

Robin is in a cage in The Jokers lair.

Joker's

Holy imprisonment Batman, get me out of here!

I would split this into two sentences for clarity's sake: "Holy imprisonment, Batman! Get me out of here!"

I have rigged every single doorway with...joker bombs!

"Joker" at least should be capitalized. If "Joker Bombs" is a product, then "bombs" should be capitalized as well.

Really Batman?

Because Robin is directly addressing Batman, his name should be enclosed in commas. So: "Really, Batman?"

Also, I think "one liner" is two words. It may be hyphenated, but I'm not sure.

It makes no since whatsoever.

"Sense." "Since" is an adverb. "Sense" is a noun.

You are such a PANE!

Buahaha! Puunnyy... However, I'm not sure how this word work in a stage production. I don't think the audience would get it. Unless Robin had some sort of window prop...

Quite an enjoyable piece. I do hope you continue it, even if it's for your own personal entertainment. :D Thanks for sharing!
-Sea-

Fri Feb 08, 2013 3:32 am
Lauren2010 wrote a review...

Hey Thespiman!

I have to say, you had me laughing several times through this! The one-liners and banter were great, and who doesn't love banter? I'd read an entire novel of banter, I really would.

However, for the first scene of the first act of a script (whether this is serious/continued or not!) it's somewhat lacking. Not much occurs at all, there's little interaction outside of banter, and we get only a vague sense of where this may be going plot-wise. Banter is all well and good, but banter with multi-dimensional characters and a stable plot is even better!

I'd suggest slowing this down a bit and taking more time to explore this interaction and this situation. Once Batman gets in, we really only see him talking with Robin, which lets the Joker escape with pathetic ease (come on, Batman, I'm rooting for ya!). Even if this is intended to be a solely humorous event, I want to see some more struggle! There's so much potential for this goofy Batman to have some hilarious screw-ups in this encounter, and I'd love to see you try to take more advantage of that. You're using these characters we know so well, and putting them in slightly different (and more absurd) roles than we're used to; make use of that! It's great, and something that should be expounded on.

Other than that, I don't have much else to say! It was very brief, which leaves little material to be critical over. ;)

-Lauren-

orshakethecello says...

Beautifully constructed piece of awesomeness....

I'm not so good with the advice... Can I interest you in a sarcastic comment?
— Chandler Bing