"What is Required?"(Working Title)

by MrTruth17

Plot ideas

-Somehow a Class of highschool, maybe college students is taken to an alternate reality, where they must play series of surival games with some supernatural elements, in order to return to their world.

-Games: Lie you Die, and your Truth is revealed with your last words. Decide to kill a group of classmates, or save a supply of food from being destoryed. Find the password on a chair in a room of chairs, before a song ends, etc.

-Characters: I need help on

-Setting: a version of their school where time doesnt move.

-Goal: Escape the school, and the games, within 3 days...

If you have any ideas.....please feel free to share.

Hmm, well this is probably the first time I've ever seen a bit of basic plot outline like this be published as a work, so this is a first for me. But hmm, I know I personally sketch out my stories somewhat like this, so lemme try and say what I think of the ideas that you've got here.

So the main premise for the plot here sounds like it could be quite a bit of fun. An entire high school class reacting to something as crazy as being transported into an alternate reality sounds like a great recipe for a lot of hilarious moments which would add on top of some interesting ideas you could create here.

Then reading up on these games, both the ideas here being ones that appear to be designed to kill at least one person is pretty crazy there and well, I daresay something like this could really make for a powerful piece. Forget hilarious shenanigans, this sort of things can really build a powerful novel here.

-Characters: I need help on

The factors that you mention towards the end there seem to be interesting, they seem like they could work towards helping the story have a clearer sort of ending in mind...and having a fleshed out setting is always important. So yeah, overall, I think this is a solid looking start here, it certainly seems like it could develop into a pretty good story. :D

MrTruth17 says...

Thank you for the comment! Btw, i meant the time is frozen outside of the school. lol

Feardser wrote a review...

Hi :)

Sounds like some really good ideas here - especially the different types of games! (not to be too sadistic on my part!! :) )

The first thing that springs to my mind is the setting - the alternate version of the school where time 'stands still' - and the different ideas and images you could play around with, for example (and perhaps most obvious) a clock on the wall, whose hands do not move, or - something which I personally will have a really good effect - maybe something like dust hanging in the air, or sunlight reflecting through glass/on a mirror, fixed permanently due to the circumstances?

As for the characters... I'm not too good with characters to be honest! I think a figure of strength may be needed, although it depends on the sort of piece you want to write, for example where a character rises up and returns victorious, or where someone in a much stronger position falls.

As for the Goal (and I am most certainly nit-picking at this point!!), if time stands still, how will the perspective of three days be shown/felt? As I said, I am most likely just nit-picking, and it is definitely not a draw-back!! :)

Hope this has been of some help! :)
Feel free to PM me too :)

"Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere."
— Martin Luther King Jr.