Q and A

by Caligula's Launderette

Q and A

Chris Gaines is my muse tonight. The melodic suffering of his voice glides over the airways. There is no alcohol tonight only sugary coke, diet or as close to diet as you can get here.

There is something in the air tonight – maybe it’s the loneliness. My Robert claims that there are sexual werewolves out there and I believe him although I am not one and there is no full moon tonight.

My pentacle ring keeps slipping off my finger even though I’ve made it tighter. Felicia kept asking me if I was Jewish the other night, when we were all out for Kebabs. We kept having to explain to her, the difference between a pentacle and the Star of David; as soon as we were finished she’d ask again. I would have credited it to liquor but there was none.

I don’t understand why people do about things in round about ways. For example, in class (Spanish), they are teaching things now I should have learned in first year. I have learned them already so maybe that explains my irk.

To drift away to Avalon would be a wonderful dream, but like Bedevere the shore is as far as I will ever go.

A question was posed to me awhile back. You are on a bus or train, a suicide bomber blows it up, you are seconds from death, who do you pray to, who do you turn to. I replied then – I don’t know because I do not believe in God, as a singular omnipresent deity. Now I would say this – I pray that all I love is safe and that I am remembered for how I touched people, not for anything else. The poser of this question would not, did not understand either. One of those devout Christians who are so set in their ways; they can’t believe that any Western whites don’t or wouldn’t believe in a Christian God.

I’ll tell you what I believe in. I believe in nature and karma. I believe in chi and yin and yang. I believe in destines but I also believe you chose yours by decisions made. I believe in friendship and that everyone has a purpose whether they know it or not, be it big or small.

I know my purpose. I have filed it away inside the folds of my heart.

I understand little, and know less but everyday I try to face the world with the idea that who is one that doesn’t try to make it better.

Knowing too much of your future is never a good thing.
— Rick Riordan, The Lightning Thief