z

Young Writers Society


18+ Mature Content

The Mystery to Address

by Harray


Warning: This work has been rated 18+ for mature content.

The Mystery To Address Is The Eternal Truth.

The truth in gluttony

The truth in birth

The truth in matrimony

The truth in tragedy

The truth in erotic

The truth in measurement

The truth in hard

The truth in reach

The truth in swelling

The truth in sea

The truth in pen

The truth in trait

The truth in focus

The truth in focus

The truth in breathe

The truth in relax

The truth in hold

The truth in pen

The truth in trait

The truth in body

The truth in guilt

The truth in poison

The truth in toxic

The truth in sweat

The truth in think back

The truth in move over

The truth in move on

The truth in this is wrong

The truth in we don’t care

The truth in go back

The truth in never

The truth in nothing

The truth in rain

The truth in puddles

The truth in wet

The truth in erect 

The truth in soaked

The truth in cold

The truth in sick

The truth in lies!

The joy, the fun, the chuckle and the man,

Never once knew eternity!


Note: You are not logged in, but you can still leave a comment or review. Before it shows up, a moderator will need to approve your comment (this is only a safeguard against spambots). Leave your email if you would like to be notified when your message is approved.







Is this a review?


  

Comments



User avatar
355 Reviews


Points: 2099
Reviews: 355

Donate
Sun May 28, 2023 6:48 pm
LadySpark wrote a review...



Hi Harray,

You've got a lot going on here and I think you've got a great overall question and theme going for you. Curiousity is a great trait to have as a poet, and it's obvious that you are an observer asking the right kinds of questions.

For this review, I think we should probably focus on what we can make better about this poem! While I like the intention behind this poem, it does get a little overwhelming because of how many lines you have starting the same way. You don't really give any context to what is occuring in your poem, and it is kind of confusing because a lot of the words are completely unrelated to the point that it makes it almost impossible to discern any type of theme. There are some lines that I think really shine, but others that make no sense at all. You also have a lot of words twice, which muddles the waters for me even more because I can't understand why you chose those words to repeat.

I would suggest either cutting this poem down to make it flow a little more sensically, or adding some contextual lines in between the repeating ones in order to provide the reader some perspective on what you're trying to say.

Good luck with your editing! You've got a good start here, I know you can definitely make something great out of this!

:) Sizzle




User avatar
17 Reviews


Points: 465
Reviews: 17

Donate
Sun May 28, 2023 6:11 am
sugarscherrypop wrote a review...



Cher has arrived to write a review ✨

I like how the poem is about letting go. Letting go and knowing the truth is a huge relief on anyone's shoulders. I also enjoy how the poem talks about different truths from gluttony to lies, it is good to know the truth. I love the poem overall (as i do with a lot of poems.)

I hope you continue to write! :)

- Cher





I am and always will be optimist, the hoper of far-flung hopes, the dreamer of improbable dreams.
— 11th Doctor