z

Young Writers Society



The Food Dudes/attack of the gummy bears

by foxmaster


Once there were these four foods...

they were all great friends

Karl Kale was one of those dudes,

Ginny Grapefruit loved eating fruit

Emil Eggplant was pulled from his roots,

Kayden Kiwi was always in a mood.

They all found out they loved music,

and decided show everyone what it could do,

They decided to share it to the public

they made all kind of shows...

except when Emil caught the flu.

They put their music onto Youtube

and they learned how to dance.

They got 15 thousand followers,

and went to Paris, France.

But after they bought the camel made of flannel.

~~~~

Flames burning

people screaming

gigantic gummy monsters sucking up people with a-sluuuuuuuuuuuurp!-

there is no hope...

but the anti-candy patrol comes, fighting off those monsters with

giant blue toothbrushes and protein shakes.

Peace at last!

... or is it?! 


Note: You are not logged in, but you can still leave a comment or review. Before it shows up, a moderator will need to approve your comment (this is only a safeguard against spambots). Leave your email if you would like to be notified when your message is approved.







Is this a review?


  

Comments



User avatar
169 Reviews


Points: 33509
Reviews: 169

Donate
Mon Apr 03, 2023 1:29 am
Rose wrote a review...



Hi there!

This is a delightful and entertaining poem that is both funny and fascinating. The characters, Karl Kale, Ginny Grapefruit, Emil Eggplant, and Kayden Kiwi, are all quirky and unique, making them relatable and endearing to the reader.

Your use of rhyming and poetic language adds a whimsical touch to the story, making it an enjoyable read for all ages. The humorous tone of the story is especially prevalent in the unexpected twist towards the end of the story, where the anti-candy patrol fights off gummy monsters with giant blue toothbrushes and protein shakes.

The poem is fascinating. The idea of four friends who are foods, coming together to create music and perform for the public is intriguing and unique. The addition of the camel made of flannel adds a humorous element, and the chaos that ensues as a result is both entertaining and unexpected.

-Rose
https://rosewriting12.blogspot.com/




foxmaster says...


Thank you!



User avatar
1260 Reviews


Points: 1630
Reviews: 1260

Donate
Sun Apr 02, 2023 4:06 am
Elinor wrote a review...



Hi foxmaster!

Thanks for sharing this poem. Elinor here to drop you a quick review. I really enjoyed reading this poem! It reminded me of the VeggieTales that I used to watch as a kid. This almost feels like it could be fun as an illustrated children's book. It also feels more like a short story rather than a poem.

I do think there's a little more that you could do with the world building of this poem to make it fully land. I think I wanted to know if the foods are sentient food items in a normal world or if people just accept the fact that food is sentient. How did the gummy monsters become giant? Does everyone who lives in this world accept that these things happen on a regular basis? How do people contend with that?

Let me know if you have any questions-- I think you have a great basis here. Hope this helps and keep writing!


Elinor





I exist as I am, that is enough
— Walt Whitman