z

Young Writers Society



Autobiography of a metal lock

by ForeverYoung299



Note: You are not logged in, but you can still leave a comment or review. Before it shows up, a moderator will need to approve your comment (this is only a safeguard against spambots). Leave your email if you would like to be notified when your message is approved.







Is this a review?


  

Comments



User avatar
76 Reviews


Points: 1285
Reviews: 76

Donate
Sat May 08, 2021 12:33 pm
Phillauthet wrote a review...



This poem is deep. there's a lot of personification, and it conveys a lot in just a little. I love that. It remind me of my first poems when I used to write about anything and everything around me, like water bottles, fevicol, sketch pens, etc. I like how you compare between the ancient times, when the metal lock was high security, and now, when we use modernized numerical locks. It's also amazing how you convey that it endures all the pain for them, but they blame it for losses. It also shows the value of things. When we have something, we don't value it. It is only when we lose it that we find its true value.

Overall, I love this poem!




User avatar
6 Reviews


Points: 269
Reviews: 6

Donate
Fri Apr 09, 2021 7:11 am
View Likes
KWN wrote a review...



Hi, ForeverYoung299

I think this is a piece of art. Its very well done. I really like how its about how it keeps peoples treasures safe and the people blame it when they are stolen

I also agree with NivedaJames22, but the picture is a little bit hard cuz it looks like it wont work with much colors

I think the part where its talking about it endures pain for people is really good and well described and how it talks about thief.

The title is very nice I also like how you specifically say metal lock and not just lock.

another very good part is when you mention password locks and when you say its only to protect you and your treasure and that you should think twice before blaming your metal lock

I love all of this keep writing these so i can read them thanks!






Thanks for the review!! Glad that you liked it and I will change that background





Oh I messed it up! I will change the font and not the background.



User avatar
78 Reviews


Points: 40
Reviews: 78

Donate
Fri Apr 09, 2021 5:40 am
View Likes
NivedaJames22 wrote a review...



Hey!

I really like the style of writing, and how you express the feelings of a metal lock. You've really given life to an inanimate object.

I feel like the font is a little hard to read in places unless I zoom in. Maybe you could use a more legible color? I think white may show up well against the background. Not sure though...

In the third line of the first stanza, I think it should be "say" not "says" and in the last line of the third stanza, it should be "want" instead of "wants".

I really liked the second stanza. I think that has the best flow in the whole poem.

I also loved your title. It was pretty intriguing.

On the whole, it was highly enjoyable. Can't wait to read more of your work.

Keep writing.






Thank you so much for the review!!! I I am too lazy to change the background but I will change it sometime for sure!





Oh I messed it up! I will change the font and not the background.




A cynic is a man who knows the price of everything, and the value of nothing.
— Oscar Wilde