z

Young Writers Society


E - Everyone

Him

by Queenie


As if under compulsion

Her head turns

Meeting his gaze

Eyes lock

Staring as if in a trance

Although a stranger

His alluring presence

Draws her in

The mystery

The connection

The attraction

But he looks away

Breaking her fantasy

Snapping back to reality

She blinks and blinks

Searching for him

Praying it wasn’t all a dream

But he’s gone

No trace in sight

She sighs

Disappointed

But not surprised


Note: You are not logged in, but you can still leave a comment or review. Before it shows up, a moderator will need to approve your comment (this is only a safeguard against spambots). Leave your email if you would like to be notified when your message is approved.







Is this a review?


  

Comments



User avatar
970 Reviews


Points: 308
Reviews: 970

Donate
Sun Jun 26, 2022 1:03 am
vampricone6783 wrote a review...



She loves him,yet she can’t have him.He doesn’t even know she exists.He’s only a fleeting stranger and then he leaves.If only they know each other,maybe then they love can be real.But that will never be.He’s only a dream.Him and her will never be true.I loved this poem.I think it’s great.I hope that you will have a beautiful day/night.




User avatar
81 Reviews


Points: 5134
Reviews: 81

Donate
Tue Mar 31, 2020 3:05 pm
kattee wrote a review...



Hello there!

Such an angsty poem you got there (in a good way). For me, the poem should be more descriptive. You could add some metaphors, imagery, or idioms since the poem is a bit direct. Moreover, it really disturbed me when there was a lack of period and comma because It felt like the poem was just one sentence broken down into many lines. You should add some punctuations in your poem because it accentuates the emotions behind it. It tells us when to stop or pause for a while so we could indulge the meaning and possible allegory on the words written.

I like the emotions you are trying to portray though!

Cheers,

Kattee




User avatar
461 Reviews


Points: 7451
Reviews: 461

Donate
Wed Mar 04, 2020 2:29 am
Horisun wrote a review...



I really enjoyed this poem. It was short and simple. I couldn't really relate to it that much, as I've never really experienced this, so take the following review with a grain of salt.
This is a bit of an opinion, but I felt the formatting was a bit off. I think it can work in some pieces, but in this one, the sentences felt broken up, and there wasn't really a flow to it. I think it's easier to notice when read aloud.
Other than that, I enjoyed the simplicity of the poem, and the small heartbreak at the end. I think this poem was executed very well, and look forward to reading more from you! Have a great day (or night, or dawn, or morning, etc)




Queenie says...


Thanks for the review!



User avatar
158 Reviews


Points: 6160
Reviews: 158

Donate
Mon Mar 02, 2020 5:10 pm
Hkumar wrote a review...



Hey Queenie!
Loved your poem. It's short and simple, yet so impressive and meaningful. There was a brief moment of emotional connection while reading your poem. At some point of time everyone of us had experience such a fleeting moment when we met a stranger and are so enthralled by their charm. It can be just infatuation. We really want to get close to them , get to to know them the but reality is often disappointing and we have to face that pain of separation knowing that it was just another wild imagination of ours.
I liked the structure of your poem and the flow was also just fine. Though I will like to point out a little mistake in the line-

No trace insight

I think it should be 'in sight' instead of 'insight'. These two have different meaning. I might be wrong, so pardon me.
Overall, I liked your poem very much. I had a good time reading it.
All the best for your future works.
Keep writing!




Queenie says...


Thanks for the review!




If I feel physically as if the top of my head were taken off, I know that is poetry.
— Emily Dickinson