E - Everyone Language Violence Mature Content

Young Writers Society is more than a website

by Eros

Friends, I am here not even for one month. I joined on 11 of May. I have understood YWS so nicely. It is so comfortable and so cozy. We get so much social support here. There are not only writers here, but also people with other qualities along with magnetic writing skill. We have superb Banner makers, beautiful code makers and programmers, wonderful sketch artists...Ohhh!!! the list is endless...!

The best part of  YWS  is that every one here understands each other's feelings, help each other in learning new things and improving oneself. Everyone is so kind and we all are a big family. We all feel free towards each other and no kind of awkwardness or fear prevails in any one's mind whenever they log on to YWS. They make our sadness go into madess and and they catch hold of happiness and tie it with our faces so that no one in the family remains depressed. It is the most wonderful place to share our views, our secrets and our works and ideas with everyone all over the world. Everyone is trust worthy and we can ask for their help in any difficulty. We have good supporters like BigBrother. I wonder how they might be managing such a huge website!  I always wanted something like this and I got it--though late. If I had known about it earlier I would have come here long ago.  

We have storybooks and word wars and many more other activities which makes our tension run away as fast as an athlete runs in athletics.

We all know nothing can be enjoyed without events and celebrations. And same funda is used by YWS too!  We have Review Days on last Suunday of every month. It ensures nobody's work is left un-reviewed. This is the most special part of YWS. We have many other events too like the YWS aniversary etc., where we enjoy to the fullest. 

How much ever we praise YWS, it will always be less. Beauty of YWS is great and I don't have any more words left with me. 

I would like to say that Young Writers Society is much, much better than any of the famous social networking sites like the Facebook or Twitter where people don't care anyone's  emotion and comment rudely and my friends often complain that many jokes are passed on the posts done there. I am just telling the truth about those sites--I am sorry if anyone here is a lover of Facebook or Twitter... 

Friends, I think that YWS is not Young Writers Society but it is 

a place Where You get social and emotional Support!

OofOof1 wrote a review...

Wow, this is also true about this beautiful place I just found a few days ago. This is a beautiful story that describes this place, which almost everybody can agree with me on that.

You did a great job with all your punctuation and grammar, I just wanted to say that because I could, also because this is half review.

Now back to saying how good this is...

Oh and also, I had heard that this story once got into literary spotlight oh, so I just want to congratulate you of that. I see why the editors, or whoever looks at the stories, put you in literary spotlight oh, it was because you correctly explain what this website was about, and how this has a big impact on people who love to write. I mean everybody can Agree with me on that.

Well overall great job. This calls for a long word that describe something amazing.

Supercalifragilisticexpialidocious... That's the word I'm talking about.

Eros says...

Gotta learn something neww from this review... The looong word... Awesome review... Thank you Soo much for reviewing the work ...and thank you so much- for the congratulations-wishes- :D :D

cyberforces63 wrote a review...

Wow, what a great essay :)

Congratulations on getting the Literary spotlight! It was nice to spend my time reading your impression about this writing online site :D Good to heart that you love this site.

I've been enjoying my time using YWS and I had great using the Forums. People here are so kind and helpful, with such a friendly atmoshpere. Everything in here is very well-structured and well-organized. They are all an inspiring people and they gave me more positive impacts on us which is kinda lit up the spirits to keep writing and improving. I love them :) Thank you for writing this and sharing it with us.

I'm waiting for your next writing, dear friend!

Warm regards,

Cyberforces63

Eros says...

Thank you so much for the review !! You can see the short story, Sold for Rs 50,000/- till then ... You may go through some of my old works ...

Thank you so much again !!

Wordzyy says...

Wow! Juz so awesome. I totally agree.

aulyasela3597 wrote a review...

Couldn't agree more!

I've been enjoying my time using Young Writers Society. This writing site online really helpful and gave me postive impacts. The people here also nice and friendly! :) As the name suggests, this website focuses on young writers and offers crucial information for their benefit. An affiliation of the Literature Society, the Young Writers Society’s target demographic is teenagers, so for young adults the website may seem a bit incongruous. Despite this, the website does provide a perfect forum for young writers to exhibit their work whilst simultaneously learning about classic literature as well as contemporary poetry.

My fav parts is of course their Forums of topics. They helped me to improve my writing skills by giving constructive criticism, tips and tricks. I'm so glad that I signed up and become a member of YWS. I had a lot of great fun in YWS! Thank you for writing this and sharing it to the world :D Keep writing and stay inspired!

-aulyasela3597

Eros says...

Thank you so much for the review !!

docyuris85 wrote a review...

Hello there, I'm docyuris85 :)

Its good hear that you've been enjoying your time using YWS :) The first time I know YWS that some friends recommended me the best writing site online, then I found this website. I really loved it here. The best part I enjoy the most is the Forums. I'm so happy that they could add any topics in it and I could discuss it anytime, anywhere. The body of this essay really fits the title a lot.

Everything in YWS are sure great fun! Thank you for writing this and sharing it to everyone :D Don't stop inspiring everyone here and keep spreading the positive vibes! I'm cheering for you and I'm definitely looking forward for your next writing.

Warm regards,

Docyuris85

Eros says...

Thank you so much for the review !!

Thu Jul 09, 2015 8:06 pm
speakerskat wrote a review...

Not really much of a review this time , seems everyone else has that nailed ! But , I agree whole heartedly ... Being her five years ... It's really helped me progress not only as a person but as a writer :3 meeting people like you half way around the world is crazy but everything here is so nice and well organized . I've had ovassions of people coming on the site just to soil it and upset people but they are quickly felt with . YWS is a family in which everyone shares the common passion of writing but everyone is very unique .

Thanks for this sort not technically a "review" ><

~Kat

Eros says...

It was nice to read your views about YWS. Hmm...It helps us to improve ourself. Nice to see that you are progressing. Keep progressing and I know YWS will help you and everyone to go on developing the skill of writing.

Thu Jul 09, 2015 6:46 pm
PassionateReader wrote a review...

Reader here for a review!!

Congrats on the spotlight!! It's always so exciting to be featured on the front.

I can tell you love yws. Not just from this essay either. Girl, how do you have three stars already?! You just joined a month or two ago and that's a lot of reviews. I can see you love it here. And I'd love a review or two from you to go toward your next star. But besides that, your essay is clear enough to show how much yws has effected you.

Something about your English is a little off. Is English your first language? Idk it might just be your writing style or simply the way you talk. Or maybe it's just me XD

Yws is truly an amazing place. I wish all the time that it was an app as well as a website. Like Facebook is an app. I think that would make yws way better than other social websites.

Wait I'm missing the meaning behind the WYS acronym at the end. You think it's more about the support of the community and not the writings and works of other young authors? Idk if that's what you meant but it sounds like that to me and idk if that's really what yws is about.

Overall I love the essay and your pov of yws. Have a great day!!!

Eros says...

I like the idea of YWS being an app. It would be really amazing! :D
My English is not so good. My mother tongue is Marathi. So English isnt so good--especially the grammar part.
If you read it carefully, I mentioned that
"The best part of YWS is that every one here understands each other's feelings, help each other in learning new things and improving oneself."
And
" It is the most wonderful place to share our views, our secrets and our works and ideas with everyone all over the world." in the very beginning--2nd para. So the most beautiful thing about YWS is writing :D --but side by side people here are so supportive that we never feel as if we have no friends. Here we feel that we have countless friends. Thats it :D

Thu Jul 09, 2015 3:11 am
ashtheawesome12401 wrote a review...

Hey I'm Ash. Welcome to the site I am glad you love it here. I love it here too.

And you got everything spot on. And I'm glad you did. It is a comfortable community. No one judges here. Everyone is here to learn and grow and have fun. Thank you for writing this. I remember coming back to this site (I joined in November I came around in like May though oops) and I didn't feel awkward here. I felt like I belonged. And you wrote in your essay that everyone (not just writers ) belonged here.Thanks

I really like the last sentence. That was cute. Good job.

I hope your time here continues to be awesome!

Eros says...

Exactly! There is no awkwardness. Nice to see that you enjoy here with us too. Thank you for your review! :D

Wed Jul 08, 2015 4:22 pm
RagingLive wrote a review...

Great job, Eros! I think you captured the atmosphere around YWS quite nicely. While we do have our tensions just as any other society, we are all just a bunch of nice people who are joined together by our love of writing.

I would like to say that Young Writers Society is much, much better than any of the famous social networking sites like the Facebook or Twitter where people don't care anyone's emotion and comment rudely

Ditto on that my friend! The folks here at YWS have taught me a lot about my writing, about others and a lot about myself. I can only hope that it will stay that way for a long time to come.

Keep writing and keep smiling!!!

~RagingLive

Eros says...

Wow! I loved the second sentence of your review. It was really goood :D
Thank you for your beautiful review!

Wed Jul 08, 2015 4:12 pm
mb1221 wrote a review...

Great piece! And true story!
I love Young Writers Society here myself as well. I was looking for a place to share my writing, too and voila, I saw YWS, exactly what I'm looking for.
Anyway, enough small talk. Let's to review :)
The piece is actually creative although non-fiction. Nobody could ever imagine writing a piece praising YWS, and that's good what you did~ it's what I call creativity.
Grammar looks excellent. (Some minor things but they're okay since this is an informal, friendly piece). And punctuation looks good too. Keep up the great work!

Eros says...

You said that grammar looks excellent. See, I have joined YWS and my grammar was really weak. Every comment of my work would have a complain regarding grammar. And now I have improved--when did this happen I didnt understood also! :D
Thank you for the review! :D

fantasydragon01 wrote a review...

I agree with Eros here. I, too, just recently joined YWS, and let me say that I do not regret joining it. I really like the help I receive when it comes to writing. The advice I get is just great. The people here are also great, not to mention kind and understanding. I also made some very good friends, including @Eros here.
This website was a great opportunity for me to share my works and see what people think. This will surely help me become a better writer. I love writing soooo much, and getting help on how to improve on it is even betttttterrrrrr!!!!!!!
All in all, I love YWS. It is an amazing website. I will always be a faithful person to this glorious website.

Thank you. I think I have said enough.

Eros says...

Thank you for your beautiful review Fanta!! :D

You're very welcome.

Mon Jul 06, 2015 10:04 pm
erilea wrote a review...

Hey, Eros! This title really drew me in. I think it's a pretty good hook. Although the capitalization is a little bit weird...>.>

First of all, this section bugged me because of the exclamation points and the capitalization. I think more than one exclamation point is a little bit...ungrammatical, and makes the work look a little less professional. But you don't have to change it. ;) However, the capitalization also got to me, because after a punctuation mark you should capitalize words, right? Although I have seen this technique used in classics. I'm not sure if it was intended or not.

"Ohhh!!! the list is endless...!"

This sentence is completely true, however I would recommend changing the word "prevail". According to Google, prevail is to "prove more powerful than opposing forces". How you used it is a little strange, however.

"We all feel free towards each other and no kind of awkwardness or fear prevails in any one's mind whenever they log on to YWS."

I think this was a typo, but even with all the words spelled correctly, it kind of doesn't make sense. You're saying YWS makes everyone happy, and then you say this site changes your sadness to madness, supposedly.

"They make our sadness go into madess and and they catch hold of happiness and tie it with our faces so that no one in the family remains depressed."

This paragraph is a little wobbly. The first section is extremely short, and I feel like it was cut off of some part. You might want to fix that. In the next paragraph, the second sentence is strange. What's "funda"? Also, put a "the" between "on" and "last". Then, delete the extra u in Sunday. After that, look at the last sentence of this section. Usually when someone has an etc. they list two items or more behind it. You only listed one, which sounds weird. Also, you misspelled "anniversary". Finally, I think "where" should be "which".

"We have storybooks and word wars and many more other activities which makes our tension run away as fast as an athlete runs in athletics.

We all know nothing can be enjoyed without events and celebrations. And same funda is used by YWS too! We have Review Days on last Suunday of every month. It ensures nobody's work is left un-reviewed. This is the most special part of YWS. We have many other events too like the YWS aniversary etc., where we enjoy to the fullest."

The last sentence was great. Overall this was pretty good, although it would've been better if you read it over and looked closely at the words you used. I also have a tip of another thing to talk about. Maybe you could mention featured works and members making authors feel good? Just a suggestion. You don't have to take it. But good job and keep writing!

-wisegirl22

Eros says...

The sadness goes mad and runs away from us... This is what I meant to say. I thik you probably meant our sad turns into its more advance form and we go mad... It is not like that--The feeling and emotion of sadness goes mad and finally it gets tired and leaves us. Funda is kind of a formula...Oh yes! Mentioning that is really good! I would definitely do all the changes whenever I get time from the busy school schedule...

Thank you for the review! :D And the suggestions were really helpful! :D

erilea says...

You're welcome, anytime! Oh, thanks for the explanation.

EternalRain wrote a review...

First, to start this review off, I'm just going to point out a nitpick:

We have Review Days on last Suundays of every month.

I think you meant Sunday. ;)

There are a few other small grammatical errors in there that could use a fixing, so I think you could just re-read it once or twice and try to fix them.

Now. I really like how you're expressing your feelings about YWS - because it's true - Young Writers Society is an amazing site where we can all have the chance to share our works but get honest and helpful reviews on them. And you were nice and clear on your opinion: YWS is a nice, cozy community.

However, I think it needs some pizzazz. Spice it up a bit. We all know much of this already (we're all on this, like, daily) so add some creative sparks to it, make it less bland. It is an essay, but it definitely needs some 'wooooow' to it.

*Please rearrange the bold letters into YWS*

More of this. This is that pizzazz I'm looking for. It's creative and different and it also adds a nice settlement to the essay. One thing, though, I think you could take out the last line (the one is asterisks) because, with the bold, it's obvious enough it spells YWS. It also makes it look messier with the small side note on it.

Keep writing! I hope this helps!

~EternalRain

Eros says...

Oh yes! I agree with all your suggestions. Thank you for the review! :D

EternalRain says...

You're very welcome! I'm glad I could help :D

Sat Jul 04, 2015 2:12 am
Willard says...

The heck do you think this is Strange?

Eros says...

@ CutiePantsMcGee Thank You for the review!!

Sat Jul 04, 2015 2:08 am
CowLogic wrote a review...

It's great to hear that you've been enjoying your time using this website.

One can definitely glean your passion for "YWS" from this essay. There is a veritable smorgasbord of praises that you've served us on a silver platter.

Which is part of the problem. The reader needs to work.

You haven't left space in this essay; you haven't given it the necessary flair and enigmacy that so populates just about every work of viable literature. While you provide plenty of substantive examples in order to prove your limerence for the site, you never ask nor imply the question "Why?" There are few literary risks in this piece to draw in a potential fan of the work. The reader is encouraged to take what is written at face value.

While there is a great value in the positivity, simplicity, and light of this work, sometimes delving into subjects that possess some darkness is essential if you want your reader to become lost, then become found, as is the goal of all writers as they allow their audience to embark on a literary journey.

Try to pose a question to the audience before or even in the absence of inserting an answer into their line of sight. The greatest writers have spent years toning their ability to create an autonomous philosophical pull in the minds of their targets.

Try to add more interesting items to your expository writing. Use stylistic language, yet try not to force it, such as it feels in the line "which makes our tension run away as fast as an athlete runs in athletics."

Structure, organization, and grammatical errors are all fields that you should develop, but as you and I both know, these are checkpoints for the editing process of ANY work, so it would be somewhat pointless to waste your time listing off suggestions.

Despite the drawbacks of this particular delivery, I must commend you on your willingness and ability to express your delight at the site and rejoice in your assimilation into the culture.

Keep up the great work!

As a side note, you should also include the full title of "The Young Writers Society" instead of "YWS" during one of the first iterations, so that a reader who does not understand the acronym may be given access to the same pleasure you received.

Eros says...

I agree Cutie!

Eros says...

@CutiePantsMcGee I have edited and added something more to the above work...Please read it an tell me how is it...

It's good! Nice improvements

Eros says...

Thank you cutie!

Prokaryote says...

The proper term is "Yewis," but since Cutie is a newbie, we can't blame it too much.

Eros says...

"Yewis" ? What does it mean?

GeeLyria says...

It just means YWSer. ^^

GeeLyria says...

It just means YWSer. ^^

Eros says...

Ohh!! I see! Thank you Geelyria!

"Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere."
— Martin Luther King Jr.