z

Young Writers Society


16+ Language Violence Mature Content

My Bad Night

by ambersmith12172011


Warning: This work has been rated 16+ for language, violence, and mature content.

I am sitting in my room, 

Listening to music.

When someone opens my door. 

I turn around to see who it was,

I start to scream and fight.

I don't know who it was,

He knocks me out.

I come to an hour later, 

I am tied to my bed.

I start to try and untie myself,

All it does is get tighter.

I feel my cell phone under my head,

I figure out how to get it.

Thinking to myself thank goodness that the ringer is off,

I look around to see if I see the man.

I go back and get my phone, 

Your name is the first to pop up.

I texts you and tell you everything that just happens,

I also tell you that I need your help.

Then I put my phone under my pillow where it was,

He comes back into the room.

I ask him why is he doing this?

He looks at me and says nothing,

So I ask him again.

He just smiles at me and moves closer to me, 

He sits on my bed.

Then he starts to kiss me,

I try to fight him off.

He start to hold my head still, 

Then I bite his lip really hard to where it starts to bleed.

He pulls away hits me and says you bitch,

I tell him I know and your bleeding.

He leaves the room and you text me back,

It says what the hell are you talking about?

I text you back and tell you to just get here and you will see,

I put the phone back under the pillow.

He tells me that your going to pay for that,

I look at him.

I tell him,

That if he lays one hand on me that the is going to pay.

He asks me oh really and but who?

I smile and say by my boyfriend that's who,

He walk over to me again and hits me.

And what is he going to do?

I look on the other side of him hoping to see you,

But noting yet.

So I just look at him,

He asks again what is he going to do to me?

Then I hear your voice I look up and see you,

He turns around and sees you standing there.

You tell him to let me go, 

And if he doesn't then you were going to kick his ass.

Just as you say this he reaches for his knife, 

You grab him and tell him nice try,

And then hit him and knock him out.

I see you got my message, 

You smile and says yes.

Is he down for good for now?

Yeah, what all did he do to you?

I tell you and you get pissed off,

But you are proud of me for what I did.

You untie me for my bondage and take me into your arms,

This is never going to happen to you again

Cause I am not going to let it.

I want to spend the rest of my life with you,

I love you, will you merry me?

I look at him in shock,

Then I tell him YES!


Note: You are not logged in, but you can still leave a comment or review. Before it shows up, a moderator will need to approve your comment (this is only a safeguard against spambots). Leave your email if you would like to be notified when your message is approved.







Is this a review?


  

Comments



User avatar
933 Reviews


Points: 4261
Reviews: 933

Donate
Tue Oct 28, 2014 5:06 am
Iggy wrote a review...



Hey there, Amber! Here as requested.

I turn around to see who it was,

I start to scream and fight.

I don't know who it was,


Try to find a better way to describe her immediate fear. She obviously doesn't recognize the man, which should be a straight-away feeling of "I don't know you, who are you, go away" feeling, so the screaming should be prompt. However, I feel that there's a better way you could've described this.

I start to try and untie myself,

All it does is get tighter.

I feel my cell phone under my head,

I figure out how to get it.


You're skipping a big part of the story here. She's tied up. You say her struggling only makes the restrains tighter. So how does she manage to get free to get her cell phone? Explain these things.

Also, when you plan on breaking into a house to tie a woman up and do whatever it is you plan on doing to her (raping/killing/etc.), you don't leave things that she can use to escape lying around, like her cellphone. That only happens in badly-rated movies.

Your name is the first to pop up.

I texts you and tell you everything that just happens,


I'm sorry, I know you're going for a romantic and cheesy feel to this poem, but no. If your house has been broken into and you manage to break free and get ahold of a phone, you're gonna call the cops. Not text your lover. Maybe if it was inconvenient for you to call, then you would text, but for the most part, you call the cops.

I also tell you that I need your help.


Cut this out. It's self-explanatory that she needs his help. You aren't gonna text someone and say "hello, I've just had my house be broken into by a strange man who knocked me out and tied me up! I managed to break free of these restrains and get this cellphone to text you, but don't worry about me, I'm fine."

I tell him I know and your bleeding.


He tells me that your going to pay for that,


You're*



Okay, so.. Amber, I will be honest with you. This is lacking a lot of stuff. Important stuff. It has the potential to be good. Cheesy, but good. And it is good. It's just not great. Not something I would buy in the bookstore, you feel me?

One thing: imagery. Imagery, imagery, imagery. You're telling me evvverryytthing. And it is sooooo boring. Step by step, I feel like this is a cooking book. Don't tell me; show me. I want you to paint the scene with intense imagery, beautiful descriptions, unique synonyms, all that jazz. Begin with the description of the main character and what she's doing, when the man barges in. Yes, I said barges. You've been using simple words; spice it up. He breaks down the door, he knocks and immediately assaults her when she opens the door, etc. Something other than "he walks in".

Talk about her emotions. How does she feel? How is she handling all of this?

Like I said before, keep this as realistic as possible. No boyfriend is gonna read a text that says "I've been attacked and there's a strange man in my house, please help me!" and ignore it. What's more is he isn't gonna text you back to question you. People are jerks and they do trick people, but you never know. He should've been there instantly, regardless of the potential of a prank or not. And... exactly why did he not call the cops? Honestly, that's the first thing you do when you get a text from your girlfriend, saying she's been attacked.

Another thing, slow down a little. You blew by everything so fast, that it was hard for the reader to absorb and retain information. BAM. She's attacked. BAM. She's knocked out. BAM. She's awake. BAM. She finds phone. Etc. Slow. Down.

Finally, while the proposal at the end of the story was cute, I think it was a bit too much. Personally, I don't like it and would've waited until maybe a part two of the poem to take it that far. It's pretty cheesy. But if you like it, keep it.

Overall, like I said, good poem. Interesting concept, the way she handled this when the man broke in. I don't think I would've texted my boyfriend at the first chance; I would've called the cops, but maybe there's a good reason why she went to him instead. She must have some close connection to him, enough that she believed he would save her faster than the police, right? Who knows? Regardless, it was cute. :-)

I hope this helps. Let me know if you have any questions.

~Iggy




User avatar
87 Reviews


Points: 4117
Reviews: 87

Donate
Tue Oct 28, 2014 4:23 am
anonymousx wrote a review...



Hey, Amber. I'll spare you the introduction since you already know who I am. I noticed the poem isn't split up or anything like that and that makes it a little hard to read so I'm going to have to split it up myself. I'll go ahead and put it in a spoiler as well as my review and I'll just review under each verse.

Spoiler! :
I am sitting in my room,
(l)istening to music(,)
(w)hen someone opens my door.
I turn around to see who (is at the door),
I start to scream and fight.

You use both present and past tense in this verse. "I am sitting" and "See who it was". I'll put my edits for the verse in parentheses.

I don't know who it (is).
He knocks me out (and)
I come to an hour later(.)
I am tied to my bed.
I start to try and untie myself,
(a)ll it does is get tighter.

I think that the poem itself would be better of as a short story with more description. Poetry can tell a story but I feel like this is an actual story, rather then a poem.

I feel my cell phone under my head,
I figure out how to get it.
Thinking to myself thank goodness that the ringer is off(.)
I look around to see if I see the man.

Nothing to see here

I go back and get my phone,

(I'm a little confused by this because you seem tied down, so where are you going back to get your phone?)

Your name is the first to pop up.
I texts you and tell you everything that just happens,

(you added an s at the end of the word text that doesn't need to be there. You also add a s at the end of the word happen when it doesn't need to be there either.)

I also tell you that I need your help.

Then I put my phone under my pillow where it was(.)
He comes back into the room.
I ask him why is he doing this?
He looks at me and says nothing,
(s)o I ask him again.

He just smiles at me and moves closer to me(.)
He sits on my bed.
Then he starts to kiss me,
I try to fight him off.
He start to hold my head still,
Then I bite his lip really hard to where it starts to bleed.

He pulls away hits me and says (")you bitch("),
I tell him (")I know(") and (")your bleeding(").
He leaves the room and you text me back,
It says what the hell are you talking about?
I text you back and tell you to just get here and you will see,
I put the phone back under the pillow.

He tells me that your (I'm) going to pay for that(s)
I look at him.
I tell him,
That if he lays one hand on me that the is going to pay.

He asks me oh really and but (by) who?
I smile and say, (")by my boyfriend that's who("),
He walk(s) over to me again and hits me.
(")And what is he going to do?(")
I look on the other side of him hoping to see you,
But not(h)ing yet.

So I just look at him,
He asks again, (")what is he going to do to me?(")
Then I hear your voice I look up and see you,
He turns around and sees you standing there.
You tell him to let me go,
And if he doesn't then you were going to kick his ass.

Just as you say this he reaches for his knife,
You grab him and tell him nice try,
And then hit him and knock him out.
I see you got my message,
You smile and says yes.

Is he down for good for now?
Yeah, what all did he do to you?
I tell you and you get pissed off,
But you are proud of me for what I did.

You untie me for (from) my bondage and take me into your arms,
This is never going to happen to you again
Cause I am not going to let it.
I want to spend the rest of my life with you,
I love you, will you m(a)rry me?
I look at him in shock,
Then I tell him YES!


Sorry about having to copy and paste everything. There were several things that needed to be edited so I went ahead and took the time to edit them, as well as review it and I thought it would just be easier to review it this way instead. I put my thoughts around and underneath each verse.

Overall: I think it was decent. I think that you should make this a story rather then a poem because that's more of what it was. Other then that, with a few more details I think that you could make this a lot better. It seemed slightly rushed, judging by the misspellings and such.

Keep writing!
- Nonny





When your heart gets pierced with arrows, don't rip them out and pierce those around you in retribution for your hurt. You'll only unnecessarily wound others and bleed to death yourself.
— LadyMysterio