z

Young Writers Society


12+

Expectations

by kholoudZayat


Life gives you a chance to change the way you've lived , to change the the agony in your soul and turn in into something I believe that is beautiful ! When you have that chance , don't be so surprised with how happy it can make you because everything has its disadvantages , bear in mind that you're still going to experience some pain but it's now or never , it's today not tomorrow ! Don't higher your expectations when you can't find things to meet them up and don't lower them to the extent of turning yourself into a hopeless case . Don't love to hard , don't get too attached , don't hope for the best because trust me it is only going to bring you down . Wait , wait until everything make sense finally ! I've always been that dreamy person in my mind , I live in my expectations and my ' off the world for a while ' kinda mood , but I discovered that i'm only going to get hurt this way , so I better take my dreams into actions and then I can start expecting more ! The moral of the story is to always choose the average mode in your expectations , because they're killers , don't stay still for the sake that you're living a dream ! Meet your expectations and higher them ! That's the only way you'll never be disappointed ! *killers bgd* take care 󾮗


Note: You are not logged in, but you can still leave a comment or review. Before it shows up, a moderator will need to approve your comment (this is only a safeguard against spambots). Leave your email if you would like to be notified when your message is approved.







Is this a review?


  

Comments



User avatar
163 Reviews


Points: 5016
Reviews: 163

Donate
Wed Aug 05, 2015 6:31 am
Mysticalxx wrote a review...



Alright, alright. I've got mixed views about this one.

Firstly, the sentence " Meet your expectations and higher them", is not right. It should be " keep high expectations", or something else.

Secondly, you need to punctuate this article properly. It really gives a bad impression when the letters supposed to be capital aren't capital, and the commas are not present, and other stuff. Please edit it.

Thirdly, the way you've written " Don't keep too high expectations, it'll hurt you in the end" sounds like something out of a TV show. Don't take offence; I'm just saying that when you write articles like this, you have to back up your given points LOGICALLY and with PROOF. Otherwise no one takes you seriously.

Don't be disheartened! Keep trying. Keep it up!

Mysticalxx




User avatar
130 Reviews


Points: 2109
Reviews: 130

Donate
Sun Jul 27, 2014 5:50 pm
ScarletDreams14 wrote a review...



Hey there! Scarlet here, as you know It's review day.

You know what that means, time to review!

Nitpicks first...

- I don't like how it's in a big chunk, I have said this to many people before. It needs to be broken into paragraphs to make it more accurate and easier to read.



Life gives you a chance to change the way you've lived , to change the the agony in your soul and turn in into something I believe that is beautiful !


- Okay first off, you repeat the twice up in that sentence, I'm sure it was accidental so I wanted to point that out. Also there's a space between beautiful and that exclamation mark, there doesn't need to be.


- This problem echoes throughout the article, there's a space before or after the punctuation which doesn't need to be at all.

When you have that chance , don't be so surprised with how happy it can make you because everything has its disadvantages , bear in mind that you're still going to experience some pain but it's now or never , it's today not tomorrow !


- There are two types of bear,

[ Bear ] - Like the animal.

[ Bare ] Like as in exposed, ' My bare skin brushed against the hot stove making me yelp' It's also the word your looking for. It has many meanings, you want the full meaning look it up in the dictionary.


but I discovered that i'm only going to get hurt this way
,

- I'm needs to be capitalized like this.



Other than that, It's entertaining despite the mistakes.

Good job and keep writing!
Image

Sincerely, Scarlet; Member of #0000BF ">Team Aqua!


clubs/1983 - #0000FF ">Team Aqua Headquarters




User avatar
133 Reviews


Points: 7153
Reviews: 133

Donate
Tue Jul 22, 2014 10:08 pm
ChipsMcCoy wrote a review...



Hello, Chips here with a review.

I liked the positive encouragement that this essay was all about and the message it was trying to convey.

I thought the way you've formatted the essay would be even better if it were split up into paragraphs, which makes it easier to differentiate the introduction, middle/main body and conclusion. I'm not sure if it was meant to be written formal or informal, but most essays are written formally anyways.

"Life gives you a chance to change the way you've lived , to change the the agony in your soul and turn in into something I believe that is beautiful !"

Just a nitpick but you could put the comma closer to the word, because it looks misplaced when put in the center like this, same with the exclamation mark. I thought this line was a little long for the opening also, the punctuation and grammar in general could be improved upon. There should be a full-stop after the word, "lived", so everything after it should be a new line. Organization makes it simpler to read too.

As an overview: This seemed more like a speech as oppose to an essay, which isn't necessarily a negative thing. I thought this essay was quite subjective as you gave no examples or other viewpoints which would have been good to see.

Overall good job, keep writing! Hope this review helped.

--Chippy




User avatar
200 Reviews


Points: 240
Reviews: 200

Donate
Thu Jul 10, 2014 8:38 am
EmeraldEyes wrote a review...



Hi.

So this another one of those inspirational speeches. I like these.
This paragraph is about change.

Life gives you a chance to change the way you've lived
I can't really critique the way this is written because the language isn't supposed to be fancy but I suppose I could say something about the content.
So the content is very positive, by which I mean you're giving people a motivational speech.

When you have that chance , don't be so surprised with how happy it can make you because everything has its disadvantages , bear in mind that you're still going to experience some pain but it's now or never , it's today not tomorrow !


You seem to exclaim a lot in this work. But I find all the information really vague. Like, this is just one big general example.
Meet your expectations and higher them ! That's the only way you'll never be disappointed !


I disagree, the only way you won't be disappointed is if you have no expectations then you can be surprised by anything. :D

Keep writing!



Random avatar
kholoudZayat says...


Well my friend , the language isn't supposed to be fancy for just one reason , I'm addressing my friends in other social network sites and i don't like making my pieces complicated , i want them all to relate . About the last phrase that you disagree with , this was my way out of deep depression so I think it works because it's hard or nearly impossible not to expect anything in this life



User avatar
173 Reviews


Points: 9984
Reviews: 173

Donate
Thu Jul 10, 2014 6:11 am
donizback wrote a review...



Welcome to kholoudZayat. I hope you enjoy and learn a lot here.

Well, whatever you have said is true and reflects the reality here.

There is a bit of issue with the format of your writing though. You should have broken your article into two to three mini paragraphs for the readers to read easily. And also, the usage of commas are so much dude; I suggest using other punctuation too.

Apart from that, including a personal or any story regarding you essay/article, makes it quite interesting too.

Well it is just a beginning. So don't worry and keep writing.

All the best.

Cheers



Random avatar
kholoudZayat says...


Thank you so much for your support and your reviews which i find quite important and yes it's just a start and my format might not be up to standards because I'm a real work in progress and i'll keep writing , thanks again



donizback says...


You are most welcome. You can write to me whenever you feel I can help you :)


Random avatar
kholoudZayat says...


I'm a starter at this site hahaha , i don't even know how to contact anyone , forgive my stupidness %uD83D%uDE02



donizback says...


haha lol. Just click my profile and send me a pm :) I shall get back to it as soon as I can.


Random avatar
kholoudZayat says...


Done :D




“All stories are true," Skarpi said. "But this one really happened, if that's what you mean.”
— Patrick Rothfuss, The Name of the Wind