External View

by mckenya25

I mean, I’m on my side. I feel like I deserve to be happy or that I deserve to get the guy. That I’m a great catch and anyone would be lucky to have me. But I don’t know if I really believe that or if I’m just repeating the empty words I’ve heard over every heartbreak? If I look at my self externally I can’t think of a single reason why I deserve those things. I look at myself and it makes since why I’m single because what is there in me that would be attractive to someone else. I feel like this torn up thing who sees herself as a romantic disaster and all she needs is someone to fix her up. But in reality there isn’t really anything broken, it’s just a case of a lonely heart.

Mon Apr 07, 2014 3:40 am
Iggy wrote a review...

Hello and welcome to YWS! :)

Just so you know, we do have a blog so you can use that next time, instead of wasting points. But to get this out of the Green Room, review I shall, or rather, give advice I shall. :3

Okay, so this is written really beautifully, especially the end. I can feel all of the emotion you put into this. All I've gotta say is: never give up. Trust me when I say that you're worth so much more than you think you are. There are people that love you, there's a man out there that's dying to marry you, and there's boys out there that will be jealous of him, and girls out there that will be jealous of the way he treats you.

You're only 19. You're so, so very young. Please don't give up just yet. Love is complicated and a pain in the butt and confusing, but it's worth it in the end. I know you'll find the right one if you just keep living life and being yourself. You're worth so much more than you think you are. <3

I'm here to talk about anything, if you need someone. Good luck. :)

mckenya25 says...

Ah, I didn't know that about the blog. Cool thank you. I really appreciate your advice. It means so much.

RoyalHighness wrote a review...

RoyalHighness has arrived to review!
This will be difficult to review, because I've been where you are, and this is /you/ getting something off your chest. So I'll be gentle.
As far as technical stuff, "since," should be "sense," and "my self," should be one word. Other than that, you're good.

As for the content, I can again say I've been where you are, and, you might not believe me right now, but you /will/ get better (notice I didn't say, "it gets better," I said, "you get better.")

I like your usage of the phrase "lonely heart," because in the beginning of the sentence, I thought you were going to end it with the cliched "broken heart," but you pleasantly surprised me.

You need to be more confident in who you are. You are not a "romantic disaster"; you're a masterpiece waiting to be discovered.
I wish you all the best of luck, because you /do/ deserve it, whether you believe it or not.

mckenya25 says...

Thank you so much. You don't know how much that all means to me. (The advice and the review) I appreciate it.

Anything's possible if you've got enough nerve.
— J.K. Rowling