z

Young Writers Society


E - Everyone

A story from fallen leaves

by Lava


[del for edits]


Note: You are not logged in, but you can still leave a comment or review. Before it shows up, a moderator will need to approve your comment (this is only a safeguard against spambots). Leave your email if you would like to be notified when your message is approved.







Is this a review?


  

Comments



User avatar


Points: 290
Reviews: 0

Donate
Mon Oct 28, 2013 4:55 pm
View Likes
Lewys1991 says...



beautiful style of poetry with imagination and deepness I like it




Lava says...


Thanks!



User avatar
47 Reviews


Points: 1092
Reviews: 47

Donate
Sun Oct 27, 2013 10:49 pm
View Likes
ForeverRebel wrote a review...



Hi there, Rebel here to review.

I loved the oodles and oodles of imagery that you used in this poem. I thoroughly enjoy when poets use imagery, and especially when they talk about autumn. I think you nailed the imagery. :)

The only nitpick I have is this:

"Leaves crunching; the squirrel skips away;": It feels awkward when you use the two semi colons here. I'd change the first one to a comma and then leave the second one. I feel like it's look better that way.

Overall, I think you did an excellent job with your poem. Keep writing!




Lava says...


Ooh yes. Thanks for getting that. I see what you mean.
:)



User avatar
170 Reviews


Points: 620
Reviews: 170

Donate
Sun Oct 27, 2013 1:26 am
View Likes
yubbies21 wrote a review...



Hello! This is yubbies21, A squire looking to accomplish her 10th Green Room Review to become a knight.

There are many creative words and phrases used in this poem, giving it fresh and unusual imagery. In places, it is very simple, making it all the more beautiful!

It has a very smooth flow, unblemished and perfect. I read it over and over, combing for something to be improved, but you have done a perfect job yourself and there is nothing I would ever change about it.

My favorite line is a simple yet powerful description:

flecks of ash against the orange.


It's gorgeous in it's simplistic design. It feels new and innocent, alive in it's self. Congratulations on a perfect piece!

Happy Review Day! (and thank-you for this blessing in poem form! As well, thank-you for the poem that granted me my knighthood!)

yubbies21




Lava says...


Congratulation, Knight yubbies! :)
And thank hyou for the review.



User avatar
105 Reviews


Points: 6357
Reviews: 105

Donate
Sun Oct 27, 2013 1:22 am
View Likes
emjayc wrote a review...



Wow, this is a great poem! :D Your diction is very vivid and I can almost feel what you must have felt at certain times during the scene because you expressed everything so clearly. This is extremely well-written and a very good representation of what a poem should look like and sound like. Your words really spoke to me and I have nothing negative to say since it was so beautiful.




Lava says...


Thank you for your kind words.



User avatar
37 Reviews


Points: 759
Reviews: 37

Donate
Sat Oct 26, 2013 5:48 pm
View Likes
NightWolf wrote a review...



This poem is beautiful. No more said. To me, it perfectly captures the essence of autumn, and that makes me stop and re-read over and over again.

Flow:

The flow in this is uninterrupted, and when I say it aloud, I find not a line that is slightly awkward on the tongue. For a poem, this is very important, and you have done it perfectly.

Vocabulary:

The word choices in this are full of power and emotion. They are simple, but sometimes simplicity is the best choice possible, and this is one of those cases. Also, the simple colours. You have named them as they are, "red", "pink", "yellow", and not complicated shades. This, to me, portrays a meaning of innocence. If this is what you were going for, then congratulations!

Anything else

I see no flaws whatsoever in this poem, and that makes it all the more pleasurable to read. It was really enjoyable, so thank you for this amazing piece.

Nightwolf




Lava says...


Thank you! I'm glad you enjolyed it. :)




ask not what u can do for ur bones but of what ur bones can do for u
— Carina