"Technologies’ Progression, A Way to Development"

by KayleMission

Can you imagine a world without technology? Probably going to different far places would be hard and would take a lot of time. Similarly, communicating to those people who are distant would be impossible. Also, getting information to different places and creating different things would be beyond our reach. Another, cure will not be invented for those who need medication. Even more important, our world would be living in a different way. To reiterate, it only proves that technology is really important nowadays. Due to its advancement, it makes communication, transportation and education to be convenient and efficient for the people.

One of the advantages of the revolution of technology is the convenience of communication today. According to Jones (2008) through email, cell phones, social networking, chat rooms, webcams and internet voice call, the world seems smaller. Inclined from what he said, communication is much easier and faster because of these inventions. Through this sending messages would take only a couple of seconds to reach the receiver. Also, making calls from distant places is possible through technology. On the other hand, the advancement of communication really aids in saving money and time. “In many cases, you no longer have to wait for hours on a telephone“(Jones, 2008). For instance, carrying a communicating device along with you would be efficient and helpful instead of going to a store to use a telephone and be charged correspondingly for the time used. In addition to this, such devices would be more helpful in case of some emergencies because contacting someone would be simpler. These only proves that people seems closer together due to the advancement of connection through technology.

Transportation was also developed because of technology. Going to different places is quicker especially for those who are in a hurry. For example, using your own car going to work instead of walking would require less time and effort. With this, you will not get easily exhausted. Another, “Now, we have aircraft that can make our journey shorter” (Oska, 2008). In line with this, modern technologies also give us convenience in traveling to different places. Moreover, traveling also gives comfort for the passengers. For instance, there are some buses that can play a movie that the passengers could watch while comfortably seated. Technology for transportation really brings ease for people who love to travel or even for the people who travels occasionally.

To add on, technology contributes to the alteration of education for the students even for the professors. Discussing the latter, students who are researching for information can do their task quicker through the use of internet. Similar from Gordon (2011) that computer and internet have a quick access to information. Through it, the student's knowledge is enhanced because of the easy connection of new ideas. Also, students can widen their vocabulary by using different applications found in the World Wide Web. Furthermore, “Technology helps education in some ways as well as multimedia presentations which makes the subject more interesting” (Samali 2013). Professors can create better and more interesting presentations using windows' programs like PowerPoint and Movie Maker. These programs can assist them in discussing topics in their class. With this, the learning process of the students is increased every class discussion. With technology, the quality of education nowadays is raised to a higher pedestal.

As generation past, technology grows and develops that provide easiness on the way we live. Due to its advantages, it made our lives simpler. Also, practicality and effectiveness on our work is effortless. But as users of it, we should be responsible in using that compensation that technology gives us. The influence of technology always depends on us on how we live on it. “Time will tell where this all will lead. We should make the most of the positive possibilities technology promises, but we should also keep a careful watch on where we are going” (Lakstrom, 2010). In lined with this, we are the inventor of technology but when we abuse its power time will come that it can destroy us.

References:

Jones, Kasey . “Communication Technology Advantages.” 4 April 2008 <http://www.ehow.com/list_6374441_communication-technology-advantages.html>

Samali, Tao. “Advantages and Disadvantages of Technology on Student Learning.” 25 March 2013

Gordon, Rodney.” Four Advantages and Disadvantages of Technologies and Gadgets.” 20 May 2011

Oska.” Advatages and Disadvantages of Modern Technology.”

Lakstrom, Sandy. “A Short Article on Technology.” <http://EzineArticles.com/?expert=Sandy_Lakstrom.html>

Guest Avatar

Fri Oct 04, 2013 7:12 am
jeremy says...

nice :)

[ Edit ]

Guest Avatar

Thu Oct 03, 2013 2:32 pm
Diana wrote a review...

This was a great essay. You've provided legit examples and instances of the cause and effect of technology. However, I think you could have improved and done a more extensive research on this topic. In my opinion, you focused much more on the evolution and the good effects of technology in the present times, rather than focusing on what might be the effects of it on the future. Anyway, I liked your article. Thank you very much for posting it. Good luck on your fututre articles. :)

[ Edit ]

Thu Oct 03, 2013 2:03 pm
MarkAtienza says...

Great essay. :D

Thu Oct 03, 2013 1:48 pm
blairwaldorf says...

Technology really helps me a lot. I couldn't agree more with this article!

Thu Oct 03, 2013 1:05 pm
krizshelbenalycabral wrote a review...

You made a good point and used good words. That's great! You have a clear way of expressing your ideas. It's good that you developed it with your citations. Some minor revising will do and it's very much better. Keep up the good work! :D

Guest Avatar

Thu Oct 03, 2013 12:59 pm
carla says...

nice work!

[ Edit ]

Guest Avatar

Thu Oct 03, 2013 12:54 pm
exe wrote a review...

The last part gives a big impact on the future development of technology. Technology not only serves as our buddies but also our enemy, thus the last line implores what the old ones are saying? that ''what we create, can also the one that can destroy us?''

[ Edit ]

Guest Avatar

Thu Oct 03, 2013 12:53 pm
marcmendoza says...

a simple thought but has a great impact to the readers..good job!

[ Edit ]

Guest Avatar

Thu Oct 03, 2013 12:45 pm
Amanda says...

Very Nice article!

[ Edit ]

Guest Avatar

Thu Oct 03, 2013 12:40 pm
Gab says...

Very convincing essay! You have really proven yourself to be a writer someday. ^_^

[ Edit ]

Guest Avatar

Thu Oct 03, 2013 12:39 pm
Jude says...

wonderful essay :)

[ Edit ]

Thu Oct 03, 2013 12:12 pm
giselleilagan says...

You've proven that technology is worth dealing and living with, everyday. You gave justice to the inventors' hard-work. This essay is worth reading. Congrats!

Thu Oct 03, 2013 11:59 am
sushimaki143 says...

This is a very interesting article. When you stated "Can you imagine a world without technology?” - My mind went metamorphic. I imagined myself living in a jungle without anything that would make my life easier. I’m very dependent on different technologies like cellphones, computers, televisions and the like. Also, I'm not a fan of walking so I really enjoy riding in a car and other means of transportation. I don't know if I would be able to live without technologies. I really agree that technology plays an important role in our lives.

Thu Oct 03, 2013 11:56 am
Rodemar says...

job well done.:)

Thu Oct 03, 2013 11:48 am
ValenciaAndrea wrote a review...

Your idea is common but on how you cite it and elaborate it is what matters.
“Time will tell where this all will lead. We should make the most of the positive possibilities technology promises, but we should also keep a careful watch on where we are going” (Lakstrom, 2010), What a nice quotation! It was a great essay and interesting.

Guest Avatar

Thu Oct 03, 2013 11:36 am
kinz says...

Good job! Keep it up. :)

[ Edit ]

Guest Avatar

Thu Oct 03, 2013 10:31 am
Denise wrote a review...

Very well said. This essay will surely awaken the eyes of everyone. Though our life was lived by the disadvantages of these technologies, you proved and supported your points very well. Congratulations for that.

[ Edit ]

Thu Oct 03, 2013 10:25 am
johnemmanuel says...

Nice ESSAY! Keep up the Good work! :)

Guest Avatar

Thu Oct 03, 2013 10:23 am
lyka says...

good essay.. :)

[ Edit ]

Thu Oct 03, 2013 10:23 am
franzmunoz says...

a very well said essay. keep it up. don't stop writting an essay. :)

Wed Oct 02, 2013 10:48 pm
kedjil wrote a review...

"Technologies' Progression, A Way to Development" - This is a catchy title which made me want to read your article.

"Can you imagine a world without technology?" - Your hook is good and it made me think myself a world without technology. If you don't mind, I suggest you reword this sentence to make it more solid and strong.

"In lined with this, we are the inventor of technology but when we abuse its power time will come that it can destroy us." - This is a good realization as you close your article.

I liked your article because you raised important points and was able to support it. You've got great sources and you've used it effectively.

Wed Oct 02, 2013 7:44 pm
ArcticMonkey wrote a review...

Hi Kayle! Here to give feedback on this article of yours.

I'll start of with what I liked about it, and one is that I think you've raised some very interesting points about technology and I think they are also very true. I mean what would we do without technology? I think it's something that completely changed the world we live in today, even for those who don't have the best of it. Also, I think the language that you used was sophisticated and fitting to the topic!

I'll now talk about a few suggestions to improve it. Starting with your opening paragraph, I think it's strong and states what the rest of the article is going to be about which is great, however all of the sentences start with some kind of connectives which makes the piece feel a bit forced, so I suggest trying to vary the way you start your sentences a bit.

Secondly, I agree with Nate in that you have a really strong ending, but I think something more could be added to it. The whole piece revolves around the idea of how important technology is, and because you start with the question 'what would we do without technology?' I think you could explore those possibilities, and maybe talk more about what would actually have happened if there was no technology around.

Overall this is really good! I think though it could do with a bit of lengthening where you can talk more about a world without technology. I hope this review helped, feel free to PM me with any questions you have or if you'd like another review on anything.

~ArcticMonkey x

Wed Oct 02, 2013 7:21 pm
Nate wrote a review...

One thing that I think you need to do is to define technology. Are you referring to just modern technology, or do you also include stuff like saddles on horses and the steam engine?

However, I do like the way you begin the essay. Asking a question is very risky, but I think when done properly, it's a powerful way to begin an essay. You also don't overuse it as it's only done once.

And just as you begin strongly, I think you end strongly as well. You rightly point out that modern technology offers a lot of benefits, but a time will come where one person may be able to destroy entire civilizations with the push of a button. In fact, a good hacker could probably cause entire economies to collapse overnight.

Wed Oct 02, 2013 4:53 pm
shielamendoza says...

Good essay for everyone! Keep it up! :))

Guest Avatar

Wed Oct 02, 2013 2:40 pm
Genesis says...

yup.. keep it up.. without technology, i shouldn't be here..
without technology, This would be a Telegram or Snail Mail...

[ Edit ]

Guest Avatar

Wed Oct 02, 2013 2:07 pm
Angela Sarmiento says...

Nice essay :) You have a nice introduction

[ Edit ]

You own everything that happened to you. Tell your stories. If people wanted you to write warmly about them, they should have behaved better.
— Anne Lamott