E - Everyone Language

Technology in Every Facets of Life

by MarioAndLuigie

FINAL TERM

COMSKI1

Benedicto, Luigie M.

T1B

Technology in Every Facets of Life

"One day soon the Gillette Company will announce the development of a razor that, thanks to a computer microchip, can actually travel ahead in time and shave beard hairs that don't even exist yet." A humorous quotation from Dave Barry, an American author and columnist, that tells something about how really far our technology had travelled. Somehow an unimaginable thing to happen but because of the advancement of our technology it may never be impossible. Drastically, technology had taken much a big part in our lives. With such inventions and innovations, our lives become more comfortable and easy. Works that take long hours of continuous actions can be done in just a matter of seconds, years of longing for someone is just one phone call away, and diseases that our old beliefs can never treated can be cure now in an instant. In this way technology brings a positive effects in the different aspect of our lives; education, medicine, communication and entertainment.

In the field of education, technology had rapidly evolved. Like how humans discover and make used of fire can be compared on how also they innovated and take advantage on the products of technology. Before, we spend too much of our time researching in the library, hoping that we can find what we are looking for. But based on my experience it’s a little bit risky and unnecessary reading a lot of books because of the hundred or even thousands of book collection found in the library. Also it will be a very great disadvantage for those people who had inadequate knowledge about using the library. Overall it was time consuming and tiring. But thanks to the tireless effort of our scientist and inventors, that difficult task can now be done in just a while. And we can do that through the aid of the internet. The Internet is a global network connecting millions of computers. More than 100 countries are linked into exchanges of data, news and opinions (What is Internet?, page1). Therefore within just one click of our computer, we can easily accessed and get information instantly. Aside from this, the innovation of teaching materials had greatly affected also the field of education. Positively, it makes a very great difference in the teaching methods nowadays. It is like a two-way traffic in a way that it helps both the teacher and the student. Projectors, laptops, widescreens, tablets to name a few are only some of the gadgets that are now widely used on a basic classroom. According to a blog by “btf5” (Innovation of Teaching with Technology, page1-2) this innovations can be used to explain or reinforce a difficult concept, as review of material that should have been mastered in previous courses and for providing additional examples of working out a problem, or for checking the answers to a test by flashing them on a set-up projector. Students can replay them multiple times if they don’t understand something the first time if the lesson is presented on a powerpoint or video format. They can be used as a component of class flipping. And most importantly, they can be reused for several years and/or several classes.

While some are very fascinated on these new gadgets, some are very thankful for another life opportunity granted to them by other technological inventions. Decades had passed by and old beliefs and superstitions regarding on health may somehow been forgotten because of the existence and further innovations of the different medical devices. Think of this scenario: if you accidentally step on a nail or any other sharp metal what do you think is the best thing to do? Basically you will first wash the wound. Then what? If your grandmother is there maybe she’ll suggests you to clean your wound using boiled water coming from guava leaves or what we called “paglalangas.” But thinking genuinely, the best thing for sure to do is to clean your wound using beta dine or alcohol and after that take an antibiotic to avoid infections. Antibiotic and other commonly used drugs are much effective than our usual ways of medication, but those can now be consider older treatment or older products of technology because of the continuously enhancement in the field of medicine. Nowadays different medical equipment and apparatus are widely used to maximize health services to our patients. According to MacRae, M. (2013) a handheld tool approved by the FDA for multispectral analysis of tissue morphology, specifically an optical scanner are now used to identify moles which cause skin cancer, are dangerous or not. In this way an invasive surgical biopsy can now be unnecessary if the result shows that the moles are harmless. For people who suffer from migraines, cluster headaches, and other causes of chronic, excruciating head or facial pain, the "take two aspirins and call me in the morning" method is useless. Doctors had invented a system that involves the permanent implant of a small nerve stimulating device in the upper gum on the side of the head normally affected by headache. The lead tip of the implant connects with the SPG bundle, and when a patient senses the onset of a headache, he or she places a handheld remote controller on the cheek nearest the implant. The resulting signals stimulate the SPG nerves and block the pain-causing neurotransmitters. In an instant your headache is now gone before it occurs. Needle-free diabetes care, robotic check-ups and a sapien transcatheter aortic valve used instead of an open-heart surgery are now on its way in another breakthrough in the field of medication (Medical Technology Innovation, page2-4). Also vaccines are developed to cure life-threatening diseases such as HIV and diabetes (Zielinski, 2013). Therefore technology considerably helps in the field of medicine.

One of the major reasons why many Filipinos abroad tend to go back to the Philippines is because of homesickness. We Filipinos are known for being family bounded. And after days, weeks, and months far away, we easily miss them. This fatherly becomes the reason why we give up, lose hope, quit our job and go back to the Philippines that easily. But now it is not a problem anymore. Through the development of our technology communication become much convenient, easier and faster. Missing another person who is thousand miles from you is just one phone call way. And not only that, through the power of the internet you cannot just talk to your loved ones, but also you can see them. The Internet is a massive network of networks, a networking infrastructure. It connects millions of computers together globally, forming a network in which any computer can communicate with any other computer as long as they are both connected to the internet (What is Internet?, page1). So wherever and whenever you are, you can stay connected with the people you loved. Different social networking sites also contribute a lot in transferring and sharing of information around the web. The youth specially, are the one who spontaneously share incites about themselves and opinions on the different issues running around. Somehow it brings a negative effect if misused, but more importantly is the accessibility that it can give to almost everyone when it comes to communication. Aside from this, the invention of phones that can directly access the internet is a big help because you will not have to bring any computer or laptop wherever you go. Communication became much convenient in this way. In the field of entertainment technology also plays a big role. Similarly to swirk.com (Entertainment: The impact of changing technology on everyday life, page1-4) states, from the invention of our black and white television up to our 3D and HD movies, we can say that a lot has been change and a lot has been developed. Entertainment becomes a very handy aspect when it comes in our generation. We can watch 3D or HD movies anytime. Games can be done anywhere, whether it is a sport or a console game. Music can be played through an earphone. And what’s the value of your mobile phone if it doesn’t have the latest mobile apps. Entertainment today is now thousands apart compare to the meaning of it yesterday.

We know live in a fast-changing world. Everything and anything becomes instant. It seems like humans can never been stop from developing and creating new things that can actually serve and help him. Nevertheless these changes bring a better effect on our way of living. Technology has become a definite part of our lives. In the different fields it plays a very significant role, specifically in the field of education, medicine, communication and entertainment and we must be very thankful on how far we’ve reached now.

Reference:

btf5. (2012, November 5). Innovation in Teaching with Technology. Retrieved from blogs.cornel.edul: http://blogs.cornell.edu/innovation/

Entertainment: The impact of changing technology on everyday life. (n.d.). Retrieved from www.skwirk.com: http://www.skwirk.com.au/p-c_s-14_u-189_t-505_c-1869/entertainment/nsw/history/australia-s-social-and-cultural-history-in-the-post-war-period/the-impact-of-changing-technology-on-everyday-life

MacRae, M. (2013, March). Top 5 Medical Technology Innovations. Retrieved from www.asme.org: https://www.asme.org/engineering-topics/articles/bioengineering/top-5-medical-technology-innovations

What is Internet? . (2013). Retrieved from www.webopedia.com: http://www.webopedia.com/TERM/I/Internet.html

Zielinski, E. L. (2013, June 30). New vaccine praised as a cure for type 1 diabetes. Retrieved from www.naturalnews.com: http://www.naturalnews.com/041009_type_1_diabetes_vaccine_immune_system.html

6

Wed Oct 02, 2013 5:05 pm
Messenger wrote a review...

Knight Malachi here to review.
So first off, welcome to YWS!!!!! Hope you have an awesome time on here, because I already know you will. If you've got questions there are lots of people willing to answer them, including myself. Now, about your essay.
First off, in your title, facets should not have an s on it.

far our technology had travelled.

Had should be has, and travelled should be traveled.

Drastically, technology had taken much a big part in our lives.

This line is really confusing, and grammatically incorrect. You need to change it. And it seems like you can't make up your mind whether or not you are writing in present or past tense. Had should be has.

can be cure now in an instant.

Should be cured.

In this way technology brings a positive effects

Should be effect, without any s.

Antibiotic and other commonly

Antibiotic needs and s.

I saw you wrote had instead of has, several times. As well as many other errors. I'd really have some teacher or parent go over it with you and help you edit it. Now, you do bring up some good points that, if the essay is all fixed,will be easy to read and understand.

this fatherly becomes the reason why we give up, lose hope, quit our job and go back to the Philippines that easily.

Fatherly?

Overall I liked your essay although it needs help. But the last paragraph was probably the best. I only saw a few errors in that one. I hope this helps, and please don't take this as I was trying to bash your essay. I hope it only helps you to write better. :)

Wed Oct 02, 2013 12:53 pm
shielamendoza says...

The essay s very informative. Keep it up :))

Wed Oct 02, 2013 11:33 am
Euclarkie says...

Nice article, keep up the good work. :D

Tue Oct 01, 2013 3:48 pm
AiraPatricia wrote a review...

Your first sentence is very catchy. :) You have discussed the positive effects of technology which some people aren't aware of. Over-all, you have a strong essay. Job well done, Mr. Benedicto. :)

And you have to flaunt the weird, my friends.
— Alex Fierro