z

Young Writers Society


E - Everyone

What day is it?

by Cheetah


What day is it
When two colors collide,
When powerful armies stand side by side?
What day is it
When you work like a horse?
it's Review Day of course!

What day is it
When your eyes are stinging,
When all your ears hear is a faint ringing?
What day is it when you work into the night?
It's Review Day- you're right!


Note: You are not logged in, but you can still leave a comment or review. Before it shows up, a moderator will need to approve your comment (this is only a safeguard against spambots). Leave your email if you would like to be notified when your message is approved.







Is this a review?


  

Comments



User avatar
417 Reviews


Points: 500
Reviews: 417

Donate
Sun Jan 26, 2014 3:52 am
Willard wrote a review...



Hey Cheetah, I know we're on different teams, but this doesn't stop me from reviewing doesn't it?
Review day is a great holiday. It allows people to get feedback on their works. Now, on this review day, you're getting a feedback review on your poem about review day! Like most poems, I do like this. This is a cheer to get people excited. There is a lot of poems about Review Day, but this is, currently, at the top. The pattern is catchy, it'll make one happy, and good intentions all around. There is a few errors like "What day is it" should have a comma, and really just punctuation is needed.
Good luck, Blue Team *Hair flips*
Overall, I really did like this.
Strange gives you...
7.9/10
Good job
Good luck
Keep writing
Keep reviewing
Stay groovy!




User avatar
433 Reviews


Points: 13351
Reviews: 433

Donate
Sat Jan 11, 2014 6:18 pm
TakeThatYouFiend wrote a review...



Hellooooooo again! What a cheery poem!
I think this is a very nice piece, especially as I was expecting a gloomy poem about cutting or somthing similar. I like the bit about two colours colliding, very poetic. The only criticism I can give is that there should be a full stop after side by side.
Keep up the top notch work,
Take That You Fiend!




Cheetah says...


Thank you! :D



User avatar
41 Reviews


Points: 1963
Reviews: 41

Donate
Sat Jan 11, 2014 4:06 pm
Inkpot wrote a review...



This is so good!
And it rings true, as well.
Since I've joined this site it's been non-stop reviews!
I like your rhyming pattern and syntax, you've crafted this poem very nicely.
It was a very enjoyable read...
I don't really know what else to say.
I mean.
What is there to be improved?
Nothing, in my eyes.
'Twas great.
Lovely read, keep it up :)




Random avatar

Points: 354
Reviews: 3

Donate
Fri Oct 25, 2013 3:52 am
IlurpYou says...



I love this! I don't really know what else to say a about it. It's just fabulous.




Cheetah says...


Thanks you!! :))



Cheetah says...


Thank you* ;)



User avatar
187 Reviews


Points: 13001
Reviews: 187

Donate
Mon Oct 14, 2013 11:00 pm
PeanutPhoebe wrote a review...



PeanutPhoebe here to review!! I love this!!;) Sorry I haven't gotten to it until now, I meant to much earlier, but kinda forgot:/ I like the imagery and word color a lot in this, it's very simple and descriptive. The beat is sometimes just a teeny bit off, but the rhyming is great!! You did really well at putting this together. The first stanza is definitely my favorite, but both are amazing!! Keep writing!!

Lady Celestia, the Golden Knight




Cheetah says...


Thanks! :)



User avatar
508 Reviews


Points: 11370
Reviews: 508

Donate
Mon Sep 30, 2013 5:02 pm
dragonfphoenix wrote a review...



Knight Dragon, here to review!

So, the biggest thing I noticed right off the bat was punctuation, or the lack of it. Example:
"What day is it
When two colors collide?
When powerful armies stand side by side"
That second line's question mark should probably be at the end of the third, and the second should have a comma.
"it's Review Day of course!" That's a capitalization issue, the "it's" needs to be "It's".
"What day is it
When your eyes are stinging?
When all your ears hear is a faint ringing" has the same issue as the first three lines quoted.

Content:
That poem definitely captured the Review Day feel. The only thing I think you could have mentioned was the numbness or stiffness of review fingers. I can't really control my fingers that well right now, and I'm majorly misspelling words trying to type this review from the chaos of all those reviews. So that could be an additional stanza. But otherwise good job.

Hope this helps!




Cheetah says...


Thanks for reviewing this!



User avatar
159 Reviews


Points: 7867
Reviews: 159

Donate
Mon Sep 30, 2013 7:11 am
GreenLight24 wrote a review...



Hahaha. Nice first poem here. I'll be glad to give you a review here.

Anyways, I thought this was really cute. Nice way to start off! I could actually feel the energy and the enthusiasm in this poem. I'm more of a fan of free verse, just because I'm a big idea kind of guy, but it was certainly refreshing to see a simple rhyming poem on here, especially after reviewing a ton of free or blank verse. Possibly my favorite thing about this poem is its practicality. The thing I struggle most with is keeping it simple, so I actually admire that u were able to do so with this poem.
I cannot think of any real criticisms I have for this poem, but if ya every want a review for one down tha line, hit me up! ;)

Nice job on your first work, and Happy Late Review Day. (Which ended 10 min ago in my time zone.

-GL24




Cheetah says...


Thank you!



Random avatar

Points: 2227
Reviews: 157

Donate
Mon Sep 30, 2013 4:38 am
arianaSarroyo wrote a review...



Hi there. Ariana with your review. So to start off, I really liked this poem. I think you did capture the spirit of review day very well. Initally, this is not what I expected to read. But this was a very pleasant surprise. My favorite line was when you said "when two colors collide". That seemed like a stellar representative of the the teams in review day. I also liked the line following that- it was very descriptive and evoked imagery throughout my mind. Overall, I thought this was a very strong, ceeative representative of Review Day.




Cheetah says...


Thank you!!



User avatar
12 Reviews


Points: 740
Reviews: 12

Donate
Mon Sep 30, 2013 1:38 am
kingofwernogs says...



Great job! I think you summed up the spirit of Review Day very well. I can definitely relate to the competetive attitude, the fatigue, the anxiety as you nervously watch the graph to see who has the upper hand. The only errors I found were the result of my personal preferences for how a poem should be structured. Congratulations! I hope that this makes the Literary Spotlight!




Cheetah says...


Thanks!



User avatar
17 Reviews


Points: 586
Reviews: 17

Donate
Mon Sep 30, 2013 1:04 am
youngandclueless wrote a review...



Hello! I really liked you poem because it was so lighthearted and fun. I was short, interesting, and an enjoy read! I just wanted to tell you that you did a great job! Congrats!

Oh, and if you want to you can check out my poem, The Flame, because that's my first poem too! :)




Cheetah says...


Thanks for the review and yes, I will be sure to check out your poem!



User avatar
663 Reviews


Points: 11295
Reviews: 663

Donate
Mon Sep 30, 2013 12:43 am
Messenger wrote a review...



Knight Malachi here, exhausted, weary, yet super-duper excited after Review Day.
This is a great poem to capture what I, along with all the other contestants went through. Hats off to all of the teammates and opponents who fought so bravely. This was one of the funnest things I've don on writing. sorry, rambling.

When powerful armies stand side by side
What day is it
When you work like a horse?
it's Review Day of course!

Loved those lines a lot. Especially referring to working like a horse. Thank you for the comparison. Just Kidding, i's hilarious. Good job.
Keep it up!




Cheetah says...


Thanks so much!




The most difficult thing in the world is to know how to do a thing and to watch somebody else doing it wrong, without comment.
— T. H. White