z

Young Writers Society


E - Everyone

Music

by littleauthor


Music

To some its soft piano playing to the beat of a dancing couple.

Or a young musician dreaming of becoming the next big thing.


Music

To some its the sound of a guitar playing their favorite rock song,

Or a girl dreaming of being a lead singer for her favorite band.


Music

But when I hear that word,

I think of a world with out music and what a quiet place it would be.

The birds would have no song to chirp,

And all those kids who dream of being a singer would have nothing to look forward too.

In moments like these,

I thank the world for the beautiful creation of music.


Note: You are not logged in, but you can still leave a comment or review. Before it shows up, a moderator will need to approve your comment (this is only a safeguard against spambots). Leave your email if you would like to be notified when your message is approved.







Is this a review?


  

Comments



User avatar


Points: 100
Reviews: 0

Donate
Sun Aug 11, 2013 9:39 pm
SydneysDiary says...



Sydney here!

Okay I love this! I totally can relate because Music is a HUGE part of my life. I don't think I can say anything else because the others said it all but it was beautiful and perfect. I really loved the last 2 lines, I think it just summed up the entire Poem.

Over and out!




User avatar


Points: 547
Reviews: 3

Donate
Thu Aug 08, 2013 10:43 pm
writingisforever wrote a review...



Hi there!

Your poem did a good job of expressing how important music is to everyone as a tool of expressing ourselves. I especially liked when you described a world without music, a world that would be really terrible. It makes people think about how that world would be like and it is good that it does that. Good poetry, in my opinion, is not only clever in wording but makes a reader really think and value the things they have in life--like music for instance. Furthermore, I personally liked the use of the italics to emphasize each stanza.

I would maybe tweak the title just a little bit, but otherwise it was a great poem! Keep writing! :)




User avatar


Points: 75
Reviews: 0

Donate
Wed Aug 07, 2013 3:12 pm
marwa says...



I love it ! Good :) !




User avatar
394 Reviews


Points: 16710
Reviews: 394

Donate
Tue Aug 06, 2013 5:30 pm
KnightTeen wrote a review...



Amen to that. A world without music would be right up there with how horrible as a life without writing.

This was a very beautiful piece, and it was wonderfully written. There are no grammar errors as far as I can see. I love that.

The only thing that I would change about this is to keep up with the little, oh, I'm not sure what to call it, stanza pattern?, that you have set for yourself, where you insert the word 'Music' in between every two lines. It just looks a little weird to me without it.

Other than that, really good!

Happy Writing!
HT




Random avatar

Points: 261
Reviews: 32

Donate
Tue Aug 06, 2013 5:21 pm
eviehoward wrote a review...



I really do like this poem as it is very true. Without music we would have nothing.
I think the last line needs to cut the words 'creation of' as "I thank the world for the beautiful music" just sounds more emotional and less filler if you know what I mean? Other than that It is a lovely poem that makes us realise how quiet and boring the world would be without it :) Good Job :D





It's crazy how your life can be twisted upside down inside out and around and you can get sushi from safeway still looking like a normal person
— starchild314