z

Young Writers Society


E - Everyone

Don't want to admit you're wrong

by lisy1024


Being just as stubborn as you, 
can't take nothing back, 
you don't want seem like the loser.
But realize it sometimes.

Mosty happens when you love that person, 
want to make everything right, 
you feel down when you know they're right,
that's why you don't want to admit you're wrong.
You want to show them you know best.


Note: You are not logged in, but you can still leave a comment or review. Before it shows up, a moderator will need to approve your comment (this is only a safeguard against spambots). Leave your email if you would like to be notified when your message is approved.







Is this a review?


  

Comments



User avatar
78 Reviews


Points: 2659
Reviews: 78

Donate
Sat May 11, 2013 11:18 pm
roxyask wrote a review...



Hi there lisy, Roxy here! :)

I think that the Idea you have here is a good one, I just feel that you could have executed a bit better! For example, I feel as if the langage is a bit too, almost laid back I guess, Its like you have to add a bit of electricity to the poem and waken it up, if you get what I mean!

If you vary your language up a bit it'll definatly help! You really shouldnt use "right" twice so close together!

But I do think that you have potential as a writer and that you should definatly keep it up!! :)
Oh and welcome to YWS!! :D




User avatar
8 Reviews


Points: 1390
Reviews: 8

Donate
Tue May 07, 2013 4:32 pm
Diana2357 wrote a review...



Lisy, I understand your message in your poem yet its difficult to follow because it has many fragment and awkward sentences. Also, it seems incomplete, I would of added one more stanza to show what happens when neither party gives in or what stubborness leads to, just to make it more interesting. Good start, keep writing. Hurtado




User avatar
20 Reviews


Points: 493
Reviews: 20

Donate
Mon Apr 29, 2013 8:02 pm
ToriLynnea says...



i like the use of varying sentance lengths. you used alot of "advanced" words something i dont see in works very often. you seem to know what you"re doing and have a very vivid imagination and make it easy for the reader to connect and see what you saw while writing this peice. i didnt see many mistakes, if i saw any at all, but dont take my word for it, im not one who notices that kind of thing alot. but all in all, this is a good peice of writing.




User avatar
1274 Reviews


Points: 35799
Reviews: 1274

Donate
Sun Apr 28, 2013 12:33 am
niteowl wrote a review...



Hi lisy and welcome to YWS! Overall, I think there's a good idea here, but it could use some development.

Yes, there are some spelling and punctuation issues, as the below commenters have pointed out. But I think a bigger problem is that this doesn't feel much like a poem. Granted, poetry can take many forms, but I feel like if you take away the line breaks there's nothing about this that would stand out. Ideally, a poem should express something in a new and interesting way.

I think a way to do this is to be specific. Show us two people fighting. Are they lovers? Friends? Family members? Are they fighting about something trivial or serious? How does the wrong person behave once he/she realizes it? Images help the reader connect with the piece and can help convey something meaningful in a few words.

Some minor things: It's generally a good rule to thumb to punctuate a poem as you would a story. A comma at the end of every line is distracting. Also, if you're going to rhyme, don't use the same word twice. In my opinion, that's lazy.

Once again, welcome to YWS! This is a great place to grow as a writer, and you've got some great ideas. Keep writing! :)




User avatar
241 Reviews


Points: 286
Reviews: 241

Donate
Sun Apr 28, 2013 12:00 am
Jonathan wrote a review...



Hello there here is a me for a review keep in mined that this is for review day so don't expect it to be a big one.

Hopes it helps.

Here you miss spelled Looser in

you don't want seem like the loser.
do you see?

What do you mean after that by
But realize it sometimes.
??

You got that right in the sound peace. XD

OK good good work really you did great the spelling and grammar and the punctuation was great.

Until later "good bye and may god be with you my friend".

Keep writing and good luck. :D

Great job I loved this poem it was one of the best good job although it could be a bit longer but that is just me. :D

~Jon~ :pirate3:

Hopes it helped.

Forgive me if I rambled.




User avatar
884 Reviews


Points: 28282
Reviews: 884

Donate
Sat Apr 27, 2013 12:38 am
StoryWeaver13 wrote a review...



Hey there! Well I'll review this piece-by-piece, and then give you a synopsis at the end to try to help you out. Advised corrections are in double brackets.

Being just as stubborn as you [[are]],
[[you]] can't take [[anything]] back[[.]]
you don't want seem like the loser.
But realize it sometimes. < This sentence is too vague as it stands. Perhaps "But you need to realize it sometimes" would be a better statement.

Mosty happens when you love that person, < I honestly don't understand this sentence; it's constructed in a very odd way.
want to make everything right,
you feel down when you know they're right [[ - ]]
that's why you don't want to admit you're wrong.
You want to show them you know best. < Them? Who's "them?" I feel as though this ambiguity doesn't leave much room for the story to interpret itself. It's fine to leave a few things up for interpretation, but as it stands you don't give us much of a chance to imagine, and so this vague and generalized "them" just seems bland, uninteresting, and useless.

Alright, so this poem isn't bad, but I think it could be greatly improved with an injection of creativity. It's very straightforward and as a result gives us little emotional emphasis to cling to. Because your words are in short supply when writing a poem, you want to make sure that every one of them counts. Really make sure that your emotions feed through the poem; increase the sensory appeal and add some emotional impact. This has a lot of potential, but is in desperate need of a creative concept.

If you have any questions, just let me know!

Keep writing, and best wishes. xxx





I'm writing a book. I've got the page numbers done.
— Steven Wright