z

Young Writers Society


12+ Mature Content

Curosity.

by DestineeHoward



 
Curiosity.
It killed the cat. However, that isn't important.
It also killed a small child, who simply wanted to see more than her back yard.
It ruined the life of a 15 year old girl, now she is pregnant, and her life is much too hard.
It took a father away from his children, just because he was bored.
It took a Christian man, and turned him away from his religion and his Lord. 
Curiosity be can horrible, Now, do you see?
However, I do feel, Curiosity will be the death of me.


Note: You are not logged in, but you can still leave a comment or review. Before it shows up, a moderator will need to approve your comment (this is only a safeguard against spambots). Leave your email if you would like to be notified when your message is approved.







Is this a review?


  

Comments



User avatar
171 Reviews


Points: 872
Reviews: 171

Donate
Sun May 26, 2013 7:23 pm
SecreteJournalist wrote a review...



I love this, though it is sad. Curiosity strikes us all, but its up to us to decide how we deal with it. Everybody has about fixed this poem, though I will say what I thought, though I am guessing its already there. You need to space out this poem a little better, so
that way the lines don't look too long. And on the seventh line it says : Curiosity be can horrible,

I am guessing you meant "Curiosity, can be horrible"

This is a really great poem, and with a little editing, it will be perfect! Good job. And by the way, I follow anyone I review, so consider yourself followed. (: You are a great writer, and with effort, you will go far, I can almost guarantee it!




User avatar
355 Reviews


Points: 2099
Reviews: 355

Donate
Sun May 26, 2013 6:53 pm
LadySpark wrote a review...



Hi, Spark here to review!

Aw, this is whimsical! I love the adorableness of it, but I also love that it brings a different light on some rather serious topics. The format however, is kind of chunky. I would suggest changing it a little to make it easier to read.

For example,

It also killed a small child, who simply wanted to see more than her back yard.
It ruined the life of a 15 year old girl, now she is pregnant, and her life is much too hard.

It also killed a small child,
who simply wanted to see more than her back yard.
It ruined the life of a fifteen year old girl, and now she is pregnant
and her life is much to hard.

Do you see how much easier that is to read?

I suggest trying that on the rest of your poem too, it's much easier to enjoy that way.

Now, on to the actual content. I feel like if you just chose one example and expand on the theory a little more, it would be a lot easier for this poem to make an impact. You could talk about the small child who was... what? Was she kidnapped? Hit by a car? Saw something she shouldn't? Murdered? Or you could expand about the father leaving his children. However, I really like the last line. It put the poem together quite nicely. Good job!
<3
Spark




User avatar
241 Reviews


Points: 286
Reviews: 241

Donate
Mon Apr 08, 2013 9:42 pm
Jonathan wrote a review...



Hello there here is a jordin or a Jonathan with a review I really hope it helps you out. :D

Well you can be right in some cases but in most it is not but this is not a court of justice. :D

OK good work on this but I thought it was strange that it could kill a cat and another thing you could cut out the YES in the second line. ;)

Really good work though. :)

Keep writing and good luck. :D

Until later good bye. :)

~Jon~ :pirate3:




User avatar


Points: 590
Reviews: 4

Donate
Mon Apr 08, 2013 9:42 pm
DestineeHoward says...



I did make a mistake on the 7th line. There is suppose to be a "be" after the word "Curiosity"




User avatar
10 Reviews


Points: 343
Reviews: 10

Donate
Mon Apr 08, 2013 9:25 pm
View Likes
bashland wrote a review...



Overall, it feels like a solid start. Line seven, you're missing a word, I'm assuming a "be". Also, I'm not sure is you need the "Because," at the start of line two.
I like how you don't use a rhyme scheme on the first two lines. The difference makes them stand out a bit more to me. Also, your straightforward style is something i can appreciate.






Thanks!




By the sweat of your brow you will eat your food until you return to the ground, since from it you were taken; for dust you are and to dust you will return.
— Genesis 3:19