Forgotten chapter 2

by umaima

Main Cast-

Actor – Louis Ronald

Actress/ mage – Annabeth Collin

Louis’s mom – Kerry Ronald

Louis’s dad – John Ronald

Louis’s best friend (Geeky though cute) – Mathew

The other best friend – Evan

Chapter 2- The unexpected meeting

“Learned for French?” asked Mathew shutting his locker door after taking some of the snacks he had kept in there. Mathew, my best friend is the nerdy type. He was the first person I met when I got admitted here.

“Enough to get a D in it” I replied smiling at him

“And what’s your excuse going to be this time, Mr. Genius?” he asked in a taunting tone opening the marshmallows packet he had in his hand.

“Sprained my hand-couldn’t write much-knew everything” and saying this I smiled and took out my first Aid kit from my locker.

“Amazing” he chuckled and said “See you in class”

I closed my locker and headed upstairs to the language room. I studied in a boy’s school only as our principle was kind of allergic to girls. He was dumped by his wife, that’s what the rumors say and hence really hated women.

To tell you the truth because of French classes I might not have learned French but there is one sure thing I learned, making excuses and acting. No wonder why I started getting A’s in the drama club.

I headed to the terrace of the school. No one was allowed to go there and usually it was locked but I was really good at opening locks so I usually went there. Kind of my secret hideout.

As I entered the terrace I took out a brown bandage which isusually used for sprains or cuts and wrapped it tightly around my right hand (Yes, I am a right hander). I walked around the room practicing, making it look like I really did get a sprain.

“Ahh” I heard a voice from behind the cleaner’s cupboard kept at the end opposite to the door. The reason it astonished me was it was a girl’s voice. I went closer to the other side, choosing my pace carefully.

When I came to the other end of the terrace I was thunder stuck. There was a girl crying mercilessly, her hand was bleeding. I took the bandage I wore out and taking her hand wrapped it around her wound after cleaning her wound. She stopped crying when I finished the dressing and stared at me with her bulging eyes.

She was beautiful. So beautiful that I could have kept staring at her for hours without getting tired. She wore the girl’s section uniform. Her face could be seen from the bangs that fell on her face. Before I could ask anything she lifted her head and asked me instead “Why did you do that?” Her voice was mesmerizing. She had French accent but she spoke so softly that it sounded American.

“Because you were hurt” I replied and sat beside her “So, let's start with the basics, who are you and how did you get here?” I asked as I was filled with curiosity. How could a girl come to the 6th floor of a boy’s school without getting caught? It was just so impossible.

“My name is Annabeth Collins” I stared at her with deep eyes, Annabeth I heard this name somewhere but where, I couldn’t remember “Believe me, you don’t want to know how I got here”

“I do, seriously, how can a girl come to the sixth floor of a total only boy’s school…You need some real guts to do that”

“I climbed the wall”

“What? but why, why would you come to the boys school, it actually looks a little absurd to me”

"Oh, I have my reasons...but what does absurd mean, do youfind itamusing?"

"Say what now?"

“Do you have a hearing problem? I mean it is the second time you are asking me to repeat.I know a doctor around here who can help and the cost isn’t too much too” She said rather sheepishly, wow that’s either a naïve girl or she’s just playing around.

“Are you playing dumb or just like everyone you want to hook up with me?”

“What does hook up mean?” she asked, okay seriously she’s is too much. Noticing my expression she said “I am sorry, I am just not familiar with a few…things here”

“Nothing, forget it”

“As you wish, I wouldn’t want you to be upset because of me, after all you helped me, oh, what am I doing I should be saying Thank…Thank...You, yes thank you” Is she some weirdo… I bet she has some serious issues. I looked at the time. 9:35 shoot, I am already 5 mins late

“Look, get out of here before 1:30; the cleaner comes here every day at that time, okay” I started to get up but paused “But can you get out of here? If you can’t ‘climb down’ then you can use the emergency exit right next to…”

“I won’t need it, I am sure…you can go now you are already late” she interrupted and I knew I was so I hurried towards the door and looked back at her for the last time “You better show your wound to a doctor, it looked really deep”

She smiled “You really are the same as you were I last met you” she said smirking

“What?”

“You know the doctor even gives away free service sometime…”

“Ah! No I mean when did we meet before?”

“Oh, I will tell youmaybe someday later. You should get going now, you are already 10 mins late and I should be heading to the GS too, I also have an exam”

“So she really does study here, my guess was right” I whispered to myself

“Yes, I do now you better go, I bet this exam will go really well though you aren’t really good at French. Should I give you a tip?” I just kept staring at her so she continued “Don’t drink much water, it might look crazy but i am saying for your own good” What was that about? Gosh she confuses the hell out of me. I shut the door and ran downstairs.

When I reached the class I took my question paper “Perhaps you would like to tell your reason for being 20 mins late to the class?” Mrs. Stefanie asked

“I had to…umm… deal with some problems so…can I just write the exam now”

“I guess this time nothing happened to you huh?” yeah I know alright and I also know I am dead meat.

“My paper, please” I requested, no mood to argue with a teacher here

“Here, no extra time”

“Thanks” I said giving a quick smile and then took my seat.

I looked at the paper and read the first question, I knew it …and as I went on reading the paper I kept on answering all the questions. This was so easy. I couldn’t believe it, I knew everything in it, word to word and I didn’t even study that well. I finished the paper when the last person in our class got up. First time in my whole life did I write so much in my French paper!

I handed my sheet to the teacher and left.

“2 hours 35 minutes 59 seconds, what the heck were you doing in there?” Evan asked as soon as I came out of the classroom, he and Mathew were waiting for me outside.

“Writing my exam, what else could I possibly do?” I answered smiling.

“I don’t get it, 2 and halfhours in French exam that to you were continuously writing, unbelievable”

“Same here, I just …knew everything I read...really strange” I said confusingly and grabbed the water bottle Mathew was holding “second Weird thing today” and I drank the whole bottle. “Ah” I shouted throwing the bottle away; there was a severe pain in my head and everything started getting blurt, the next thing I knew I was on my knees and my head almost touching it.

It lasted for 5 -10 mins and then I was normal again.

“Don’t drink a lot of water today”

Annabeth…She was the only one I could think about right now, what did she mean? Is she alright? Is she still there? Only one way to find out.

“Where are you going?” Mathew shouted from behind, I didn’t reply and just kept running. I looked at the time 12:30. She might have left but let’s take the chances.

As I reached the terrace I looked around, everywhere but she wasn’t to be seen. Great! I don’t even know whether I will be able to ever see her again in my whole life. Maybe she was just joking when she mentioned it…maybe or maybe not.

----------------------

Hope you guys like it...

Tue Apr 02, 2013 2:17 am
MagnusTerrenum wrote a review...

Pretty good! The style could use a little improvement though. The grammar isn't great, but you probably haven't edited yet. If you have, sorry! Anyway, examples would be...

Should be, “Enough to get a D in it,” I replied, smiling at him.
A comma is supposed to be added before the end quote, and you forgot the period at the end. There should also be a comma after "I replied".

Should be changed to, “Sprained my hand-couldn’t write much-knew everything.” Saying this, I smiled and took out my first Aid kit from my locker.

Or, “Sprained my hand-couldn’t write much-knew everything,” I said, smiling, and took out my first Aid kit from my locker.

To improve the wording, you could say, “Sprained my hand-couldn’t write much-knew everything,” I said, smiling as I removed a first Aid kit from my locker.

The last thing is that you should always write numbers and symbols out with letters. Example,

Should be,

It lasted for five to ten mins and then I was normal again.

I hope this helped. Good luck!

umaima says...

Thanks for the review and you really helped...will be sure to edit it asap

Jonathan wrote a review...

First off this thing at the beginning.

Main Cast-

Actor – Louis Ronald

Actress/ mage – Annabeth Collin

Louis’s mom – Kerry Ronald

Louis’s dad – John Ronald

The other best friend – Evan

Second the title needs to be the same as the one in the book there different if you look.

And here again.
just put the (there out) might make it better but just a little. :D

Really nice job I liked it a lot. :D

Good work keep writing and good luck. :D

I hope you have had a good Easter. :D

~Jon~

umaima says...

Hey jordin
Thanks for the review... I didn't get what you were trying to say about the title though
Anyways I will try to improve that sentence which you mentioned for sure

To have more, you have to become more. Don't wish it was easier - wish you were better. For things to change, you have to change, and for things to get better, you have to get better.
— Jim Rohn