Heaven (Part 2)

by RandomCollumns

Waiting is not to everyone’s practice, some have an ability to wait forever -and still call it a minute. Others struggle with their time, impatiently hurrying through their day. This man was one where minutes seemed shorter, and hours never seemed like days. His whole life had been played out as though it was too short for him, and what he had done on earth was obviously not enough; only now was he realising that he had not done what he was meant to do -standing on the edge of this stange land.

"I'm warming up." He said. Suddenly. "Why am I warming up, am I"

"You still have a conection to your body on earth, they're probably putting you somewehere warm." I said, already knowing what was going to happen. "Did you say you were being cremated?"

"Wha?!" Shock and confusion spreasd over his face, as he slowly span round towards me.

"Are you being cremated?"

"Haven't really thought about it much, why would it matter?" Pausing, he muddled out the truth. "Is that why your still here?"

"When I can feel that someone is not staying here long I stay with them."

"What happens to the cremated?"

I looked down and didn't speak. Not wanting to say that the souls are the feul for the fire. This man had plenty of feul and he knew it. I just kept the humans who still had their body attached to their soul; like this man.

First Impression: Well..this was quite an interesting conclusion to that earlier part of the story...gonna see I totally did not see this coming which is quite interesting to say the least.

Hmm...quite an interesting statement to start a story on that's for sure...this is certainly taking yet another interesting turn here.

Oooh..more twists...and surprisingly logical sounding too...I do like the sound of that....most certainly.

"Are you being cremated?"

Well...this dude is certainly a very smart one that's for sure.

"What happens to the cremated?"

Okay...well...that sounds like a question that could lead to some very interesting answers.

Oooh...well that is quite the answer right there...wow...that ended on a note that I did NOT see coming but I am all for it...most definitely. I think its a really good ending there.

Overall: Overall...this was a really interesting ending here to this here story...and I think I like it. Well...that is about all I have to say here. :D

Sun Nov 30, 2014 6:06 am
Dracula wrote a review...

Hello and Happy Review Day! I like this part of your story just because it reminds me a lot of the recent Doctor Who episodes? Have you seen them? If you haven't I suggest you do; they'll probably give you some extra inspiration for this. :)

I like the whole storyline, especially how the souls 'fuel the fire'. That's very clever. You do have some grammar problems, though they're small and will be easy to fix.

I won't review the first paragraph, as Wolfie has done a good job covering that.

they're probably putting you somewehere warm."

I found a typo. Somewhere has an extra e.

"Is that why your still here?"

It should be you're.

There you go! Keep writing new parts for this story and send me a message if you ever want me to review them for you. :D

Mon Nov 24, 2014 8:04 pm
Wolfi wrote a review...

You were supposed to let me know when the next part was out, silly! ;) Anyway, here I am to review! Hopefully you'll find my recommendations helpful.

an ability to wait forever -and still call it a minute.

Instead of using a hyphen, you should have what's called an em-dash (—). Now, YWS doesn't change three hyphens (---) into an em-dash like Word does, but you can always type in "em-dash" online and copy and paste it into your work, which is what I've usually done.
"Why am I warming up, am I"

Huh? I'm not really sure what the man is saying here, partially because you forgot the question mark, and also because it's, well, confusing. Maybe you meant to say this: "Why am I warming up? I am warming up, aren't I?"
Shock and confusion spreasd over his face

Just a little spelling error.
as he slowly span round towards me.

As he slowly... what? Spun around?

How interesting! So, you are implying that Death only keeps those who are buried, or, at least, not cremated? And what happens to the ones who are? This story is reminding me of an Edgar Allan Poe story...

There isn't much more that I can say because this part was very short, but nice job nonetheless! Let me know next time when Part 3 is up! :D

Tue Nov 18, 2014 4:29 am
brielle says...

Here I AMM To EDIITTT ! where's the discribition in th room. I like hows this is going but it needs more detail. I got lost and i forgot who was who. Matter of fact forgot who was talking.. i like it'd the part part where you where like
" I just kept the humans who still had their body attached to their soul; like this man."
I just think is a run on sentence but i like it

It's probably best if you read the first part first, that way I think the story will be a little bit more clear. I will post the next short story in one part next time; that might help.
Also, I'll take into account the amount of detail; the reason I didn't put much description in is because, you're meant to see what you see in heaven.
Random Columns

Tue Nov 18, 2014 3:00 am
Rascalover says...

This seems like a great idea, but towards the end it gets a little confusing. Has the man died yet? Is he stuck in the inbetween? Is he talking to God? Who keeps the humans? should I read part one first? Would that answer my questions?

You should read the first part first, I probably should've made it more clear; thanks for the tip off.

Nothing says criminal activity like strong bones. ;)
— Magebird