z

Young Writers Society

Chat room adventures

270 Reviews

Reviews: 270
Sat Jun 09, 2007 1:06 am
Alice says...

okay heres the deal guys, jack moved this into randomness because it wasn't like a storybook. Even though i argued with him, I agree. What we were doing wasn't like a storybook at all. But the list maintains as:
Rickage
author13
Adam_Atlantian
writer_chick_13
Mattster
Nuttychooky
Kitty15

Sorry bubbles you weren't posting so i cut you out.

Please don't begin the story until everyone's profile is on the thread, thank you. :D

Now about the major baddies, everybody gets to create one, and it goes in order of who put their profiles up. But when its your turn, you can take as long as you want to fight him, kill him/her as many times as you want but when they finally die it has to be the creater who kills them. Alright?

The same rules apply except now this is to be like a normal storybook, we start out on the Highwind like the other one. But now the posts have to be decently legenthed, and we have to have profiles, (more for rememberence things than the storybook concept) and if any new people wish to join after four posts i will add their names to the list.

Warning to the new people: we are random, thats just our thing for this. But like the other one we have plots, and if you're new and wish to join DON'T FALL FROM THE SKY!!! geeze that annoys me sooo much. Find some other way to come in.

Anyways... All profiles are to be in green, comments in red, and time elipses in blue.

Adam's pictures
Adam if you want the pictures here you'll have to do it i can't figure out how.

Author13
perfers to be called: Alice/ Alzz
Birthday: september forth
Weapons: Sword, dagger, Claymore, crossbow
Powers: random, not telekinisis, or mind control.
Race: 1/2 vampire, but if she turns you you're a whole vampire not a half vampire
Extra: lead a boring life until she met rick, bella, matt, roya, nutty and adam.
Wearing: Long boots to hold her dagger, tight jeans with a hilt for her sword and crossbow, long black coat, black straps going across her red shirt to hold her Claymore, blond hair pulled into a bun and held together with a pointy hair pin.
More Extra: looks just as strong as she is, but is more fragile in other ways than she seems. But she can DEFIENTLY kick your ass if she wanted to
Last edited by Alice on Sat Aug 11, 2007 4:15 am, edited 8 times in total.
I just lost the game.

647 Reviews

Reviews: 647
Sat Jun 09, 2007 3:31 am
Alteran says...

While I absolutely do not agree with Firestarter I will go quietly...This time. However, as a Junior Mod i know i hold no real sway in anything but I am defending this thread personally. If someone wants to move it talk to me first and we'll discuss it. We are going to do our best to adhere to what we have been told a proper storybook is. As such we would like to have a chance to defend ourselves should it be thought we have deviated. Thank you.

This also gives me a great opportunity to set up our universe better. Below is a picture of the Section of the galaxy we are exploring and having our adventures in, along with descriptions of each. This is also the map for the Game. This also sets up a legitimate, well thought out universe for our storybook to take place.

Planets

Gorgeck – A cold Rock planet located at the last orbit around its sun, Kora. The mountain ranges cover the entire planet making water scarce, but still life has persisted. A race known as the Geos lives in underground cities that use the heat of the planet for power. It is rich in mineral deposits which is what draws people to the planet but some come to find the long lost temples scattered across the planet.

Ellisa – A planet very similar to Earth. It is the third planet in its star system, Lorna, and sustains a race of plant like people known as Floras. Forests cover the planet along with clean pristine oceans making it a prime vacation location. The Floras have put in place strict rules to maintain their planets ecosystem which have lasted for over one hundred years.

Alereo – The planet of night. Some how it and another planet in the Dalan System share an orbit parallel to each other. Thus, most of the year it is shrouded in darkness save a small portion near the poles that receive light almost year round. Thick jungles have adapted and grown at the poles giving oxygen to the planet and the people built cities the float above the jungles. Only a few plants live in the dark wastes of the planet along with vicious creatures. Its rich resource amount is more than enough to make people set up mining expeditions in the dangerous wastes.

Barsila – Located at the very edge of the galaxy just outside of YWS police jurisdiction in the Forlorn System. Barsila has become a haven for pirates, thieves, bounty hunters and the like. Very few visit the planet of their own free will save the pirates. It is the only place in the galaxy that builds Pirate class vessels. Beware venturing here as none of the YWS mods can save you should you get into trouble.

Alexandrita – A fairly large planet in the Puler System. Eighty-five percent of the planet is ocean. The fifteen percent that is land is split between a desert and a green-forested area. It is an odd planetary composition as there are no islands in the enormous ocean. Massive storms have been known to form in the ocean but have little to no effect on the landmass. Three humanoid species live on the planet: Felines, Canines,(live on land) and Aquatics(live in cities beneath the ocean).

Lackon – Surface temperatures can reach over two hundred degrees Fahrenheit (Celsius), as it is the closest planet to the sun, Welderon. Mostly a desert planet the few oceans are minuscule and their temperatures are to hot to support any forms of life. With the aid of Androids a number of biodome colonies scatter the deserts. The historical value of the planet is worth the extreme heat.

Peradina – The technological super power of the galaxy. It orbits the star, Havna though it is not really a planet. As the technology of androids increased as did their awareness of self. A number of the most radical set out and built a small station, which eventually grew and grew until it looked like a planet. After years of negotiations the android’s agreed to allow humanoids to visit their “planet” as long as Androids were accepted as sentient living beings. There are still some hard feelings, but most androids enjoying seeing organic beings.

Ivy – The green planet. From orbit, all that can be seen is a sea of green trees. It is quite amazing to see and difficult to land on. The Flora have colonized the planet and created safe areas for visitors that did not harm the jungles. It was once thought that there were no oceans on Ivy until one was discovered beneath a one million year old tree that had its limbs spread all the way across it.

Planet Smiley – Well…uh…err…It’s a planet in orbit around a yellow star called Emote. The inhabitants are…yellow balls with faces on them. It is almost completely barren save a small valley and large lake. The smileys have limited telekinetic abilities to allow them to function without arms or legs. They are either a biological masterpiece or an evolutionary joke. Either way most smileys are very kind and happy but there are a few that cause problems. They tend to stay in the caves at the edges of the valley.

Ships and Stations

YWS Station – A large station that orbits Earth. It is composed of the Main Station, the SPEW Yards (Classified) and the CCF Asteroid Base (Classified). This has become the main transit station for most races in the Alpha Sector of the galaxy. The YWS fleet is composed of several military vessels as well as many private vessels. All species in the sector have been working together since the Spammians appeared in the Galaxy. It is the center of information, commerce and new recruits.

YWS Beta Station – A secondary station located at the other end of the Alpha Sector. It was built after the first Spammian assault. It is still unknown how the first wave was defeated but the station sits in a field of debris from Spammian and YWS ships. It is a perfect stop for those to far to return to the Earth.

Sistine Asteroid – A massive asteroid in the Ferral Nebula that has been dug into to create a religious sanctuary. The main bay is hidden by a camouflage shield, the electro magnetic field the asteroid emits repels the particles of the Nebula while Spammian Ships can only last a few hours in the Nebula before their ships are destroyed. Hundreds of religions exist inside each tolerating each other for the good of the galaxy. They also offer refuge for any who wish to come.

Outpost – A recent discovery by an expedition team. Located a few light-years outside of the galaxy, it is believed to be from an ancient race that predates all other race’s journey into space. There have been rumors of such with the discoveries of old ruins with high technology, but this outpost is the first solid proof.

Ancient’s Grotto – A very large and very old station thought to also belong to the old race but it’s design and structure match nothing found anywhere. It is unknown what the station is or what it is for as all ships to get near it are destroyed by some unknown force.

YWS Highwind - Our ship, powered by the Omega Particle, obtained during an adventure, it is one of the best in the fleet. A one of kind and you may call her home.

Races

Humans - Us

Felines - They look like humans except for they have cat like ears and a tail.

Canines - Very dog like. Males have larger bodies covered in fur with dog like faces, Females are more slender and human like.

Aquatics - Fish like, Duh. Can breath air and water.

Floras - Flower people. Males retain tree like properties while the females are more vine and flower oriented

Geos - Rock people. Males are composed of stone, solid rock. Expressionless faces. Females are comprised of stone and gemstone. Mostly gemstone.

Androids - If you don't know what an android is don't bother posting in this storybook.

The races are still a work in progress, but you know where they're from and a general idea of what they might look like.

PLOT - When we started this we came across these devices that inhibit a person magical abilities. That was in the future. We are trying to stop that from happening. These are our adventures that will lead us to that point.

Name: Adam_Atlantian
Call me Adam
Weapons: A Pole and Sword
Powers: Telekinesis, Levitation, Channeling(Using my Light energy with an item to release said energy).
Race: Human
Extra: Captain and Creator of the YWS Highwind.
Last edited by Alteran on Sun Jun 10, 2007 2:52 am, edited 1 time in total.
"Maybe Senpai ate Yuka-tan's last bon-bon?"
----Stupei, Ace Defective

270 Reviews

Sat Jun 09, 2007 4:02 am
Alice says...

Like Adam I am going quietly, this time. But if this is now moved because it's just a diversion from the first one, do not expect me to stay at my volume level any more. For a few points, which are probably worthless, Jack look at the tavern, it is just like what we were doing! only it's Nate's! And if you truly want to say that it was just random, read every post. There is a plot, and it is a storybook! okay done for now
I just lost the game.

647 Reviews

Reviews: 647
Sat Jun 09, 2007 5:29 am
Alteran says...

In this suprisingly short time all, well I guess you call them conflicts, have been sorted out. I've talked to Nate and I understand why our original thread was moved (Still not real happy about it but it gives us a chance to reorganize) So we just need to maintain what Alice said before, make it a real story book, No one sentence posts please and treat it like a real story. Give descriptions and all that good jazz.

Now I'm gonna keep extra watch on us since I think if I would have paid closer attention we could have avoided this little fiasko. So, everyone hurry up and get your profiles in!
"Maybe Senpai ate Yuka-tan's last bon-bon?"
----Stupei, Ace Defective

2631 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 2631
Sat Jun 09, 2007 11:35 am
Rydia says...

Would people mind if I joined? Or do I have to read the original?
Writing Gooder

~Previously KittyKatSparklesExplosion15~

The light shines brightest in the darkest places.

1259 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 1259
Sat Jun 09, 2007 11:41 am
Firestarter says...

Like I told author13, if anybody is unhappy with my decision simply PM me and tell me why. I'm not an unreasonable person, and if you can show me why it belong as a Storybook then my mind can be changed. However, from what evidence I could see, CRA had started as a storybook but had descended into something else. I'm glad you're organising yourselves better this time.

Also, Alice, point take about the Tavern. It's a similar situation. What I'm going to do is define Storybooks a bit better, discuss this with the Moderators, and see whether we can lay out a better foundation for the Storybook forum. EDIT: The Tavern is already in randomness now.
Nate wrote:And if YWS ever does become a company, Jack will be the President of European Operations. In fact, I'm just going to call him that anyways.

270 Reviews

Sat Jun 09, 2007 3:06 pm
Alice says...

Kitty if you were to read the origional it would be marvelous and we would all donate like two hundred points to you because it is that long, and you can join if you want. Just remember we're not starting the story until we have all of the profiles, and I'll have to talk to the rest of the group about it, in the last fourm i had to ask someone to leave and I'd hate to be a hypocrite. But according to me as long as you don't fall out of the sky its all good.
I just lost the game.

2631 Reviews

Supporter

Sat Jun 09, 2007 3:47 pm
Rydia says...

Okay, thanks. I suppose I'll read a little of the original and then see what sort of character would fit in with the others.

*Edit* Hello again. I think I'm starting to understand a little more about this. I suppose I'll wait to see what the rest of your group think about me joining before I post my bio.
Writing Gooder

270 Reviews

Sat Jun 09, 2007 6:24 pm
Alice says...

Remember Kitty, the character is you, follow the form that me and adam used and it will all work good. But I don't think we'll have a problem with you coming in.
I just lost the game.

2631 Reviews

Supporter

Sat Jun 09, 2007 7:37 pm
Rydia says...

Okay, I'll post the bio then.

Name= Heather Marie Warren.
Nickname= Heath or Kitty or Kit.
Age= 17.
Hair= Just past shoulders, brown with a touch of red, thick.
Eyes= Believe it or not they're an orange brown. Not too far off my hair colour I suppose.
Figure= Tall and just over average weight.
Complexion= Currently a medium tan but usually white.
Weapons= Long bow, Short bow, dagger and sword.
Powers= Healing powers and Freezing time for intervals of five minutes.
Race= Human.
Extra= Currently searching for adventure and fun.
Personality= I'm sure you'll find out ;)

*Edit* No problem. Sorry, I forgot about the colour coding :oops:
Last edited by Rydia on Sat Jun 09, 2007 7:51 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Writing Gooder

270 Reviews

Sat Jun 09, 2007 7:44 pm
Alice says...

Thanks for fixing that, the rules got a little lax last time so trying to keep them better now.
I just lost the game.

280 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 280
Sun Jun 10, 2007 7:40 am
Nutty says...

Oh! well, I suppose it was a bit more random then storybook... *sighs* I'll have to come up with a profile for myself now! Heh.

Name: Nuttychooky (Nutty for short)
Race:Human (most of the time)
Class: Druid/shapeshifter
Weapons: Kukri and spork
Description: Dark brown eyes, curly brown hair, about 5 foot eight (It's weird describing yourself!) Olivish kinda skin, wears druid robes
Powers: Shapeshifting, healing, reserection, druid-type spells (the list is too long)

There! that was weird... lol
It's not easy having a good time. Even smiling makes my face ache.

53 Reviews

Reviews: 53
Sun Jun 10, 2007 3:18 pm
cheeb says...

How odd.

Name: Mattster, aka Matt, aka "shut up, you"
Race: Human (I think)
Description: Red hair (actual red, not the orange that everyone calls red), grey/silver eyes, generally happy disposition except when friends are in danger.
Attire: Hat (black), vest (red; made of dragon scales), trousers (denim), sneakers (Reebok)
Class: Fighter/traveller
Weapons: Master Spatula (Random spell), Gold Spatula (nothing, just looks pretty), Platinum Spatula (can reflect minor spell attacks), Glowing Spatula (lights up dark places), Squashed-Mace Spatula (good for frying eggs)
Abilities:
- Ability to fight with one or two Spatulas
- The Ancient Art of Five Spatulas (five spatulas morph into a spinning/throwing weapon)
- Haste (increases speed)
- Random (poking someone or something with Master Spatula will have an entirely random effect)
- Basic space- and time-bending magic
Last edited by cheeb on Thu Aug 23, 2007 11:32 am, edited 1 time in total.
the user formerly known as chibibo

133 Reviews

Reviews: 133
Sun Jun 10, 2007 5:57 pm
Royboy says...

Okay, I'm totaly cool with all of this. I haven't read everyone's profile yet, but I will later on. Right now, my eyes just hurt from all the red and green.

Name: Roya or Roy
Race: Humanish
Description: Long dark hair, 5'1", weapon at side. When I'm in my squirelly form, I'm a golden color, about 1' long with the tail, and have long claws.
Weapons: Spikey bat with lazers, shooting poisons, a sword at the end, and... you guessed it--spikes all over. =] That and whenever I can manage to steal Alice's sword.
Abilities: Squirel animagus. *see above*
Random: Exactly. I'm random. That and I can fly, even though flying squirels really only glide. I'm the one that's got the pheonix down, so if you're dying or dead, come ot me.

How was that?
[url="www.royacrystaldoesnanowrimo.tumblr.com"]Follow my 2011 NaNoWriMo progress on tumblr[/url] or [url="http://www.nanowrimo.org/eng/user/734471"]friend me on the official NaNoWriMo forums[/url]!

142 Reviews

Reviews: 142
Tue Jun 12, 2007 4:51 am
Bella says...

Um, ok. I don't know what the argument was exactly, so I'm just gonna go with the flow. Yay, my own profile, I feel so special. (Shut up Alice!) Anywho...

writer_chick_13
I AM BELLA!!! *or Bells*
age: 14 and 4 months! *those 4 months bring me closer to driving, and must therefore be counted*
birthday: Valentine's Day
Race: that is debated. At one point in time I was half-vampire. then I wasn't. Now I'm a Seer. I'm not even sure what I am.
Appearance: ~brown hair with blond streaks~
~bright green eyes~
~tall~
~always wears blue jeans and a tank top-green tank~
~has a dragon claw on chain around neck~
~my sword sheath hangs around my chest/back and is made out of dragon scales (green, of course)~
~ my belt is magical and made out of dragon scales (same dragon as sheath and necklace)~
Weapon(s):~solid diamond sword with gold hilt (thank you adam)~
~sword has magic abilities~
~whatever i find lying around~
~my magic and psychic abilites~
Abilities: ~psychic...aka Seer~
~telepathy (how I talk to Alice and read minds and stuff)~
~general magic. basic magic. I'm actually at an intermediate level now, but that's another story.~
Extra: ~I may seem fragile and girlish but BEWARE!!! Just ask Matt and Mr. Knight...haha~

Sorry, that was kinda long. THere ya go though, thats me!
i carry your heart(i carry it in my heart) <3

Please review my performance poem?

Overripe sushi, The master Is full of regret.
— Buson