Young Writers Society

Dreamers [DT]

590 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 590
Fri Jul 24, 2020 10:35 am
View Likes
Mageheart says...

I'm not shey, but maybe Rachel and Clyde could hang out? I'm also down for whoever wants to steal Noah or just reference him in their post but let me know if any collabing needs to happen with me!
mage

[ she/her, but in a boy kinda way ]

roleplaying is my platonic love language.

queer and here.

1260 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 1260
Fri Jul 24, 2020 5:30 pm
View Likes
Elinor says...

Hey everyone! We were talking a bit in the Discord chat and slowing down the pace and taking our time with the wake posts.

I'm not sure what this looks like but I'm down to collaborate with whoever may want to write with Rachel. She's not going to be in the best of moods today, but I was thinking later the others could uncover who her grandfather is.

The idea we came up with is having the group do a movie night and someone picks a documentary about Eagle Rock and Jay that Rachel is present in.

What does everyone think? How would you want to go about this?

All our dreams can come true — if we have the courage to pursue them.

-- Walt Disney

174 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 174
Sat Jul 25, 2020 12:21 pm
View Likes
soundofmind says...

@magebird @sheyren @Zenith Just for clarity so everyone's on the same page - the only real change is that instead of 2-3 wake posts per wake cycle, I'm going to open it up to everyone to post. AKA Everyone will post at least once each wake cycle.

Collaboration is still highly encouraged because of how closely all of our characters are living together. They're in a shared space, closed off from the world for two weeks and will only have each other. They're going to interact whether they like it or not lol.

Also @Elinor! Hmm, I could see maybe Clyde picking a documentary like that. What do you think, @sheyren?
Pants are an illusion. And so is death.

174 Reviews

Supporter

Tue Jul 28, 2020 4:34 am
View Likes
soundofmind says...

Just poking to check! @Zenith you still think you'd be down to collaborate at the write-in in a little under 24 hrs?

25 Reviews

Reviews: 25
Tue Jul 28, 2020 6:56 am
View Likes
Zenith says...

I'll be there. Whose perspective was this going to be from- Jess' or Tara's? Since we both have to post in this wake cycle.
Let's just die young or live forever.

174 Reviews

Supporter

Tue Jul 28, 2020 8:17 am
View Likes
soundofmind says...

We can do Tara! :) I can work on a different post for Jess’s!

174 Reviews

Supporter

Wed Jul 29, 2020 12:23 pm
View Likes
soundofmind says...

Random but I finally drew a picture of Jess and hope to get to the rest of the dreamers crew eventually! I’m just slow at the moment ^^’’ I put the pic in her CP!

8458E08A-8441-4923-A5C5-F4732AFD9152.jpeg

1260 Reviews

Supporter

Wed Jul 29, 2020 1:46 pm
View Likes
Elinor says...

Hey @Sheyren did you want to collaborate on a post, or should we wait until it gets closer to evening? Figure the movie can also happen in the afternoon too?

-- Walt Disney

176 Reviews

Reviews: 176
Wed Jul 29, 2020 1:59 pm
View Likes
sheysse says...

We can collab and say the movie is happening in the afternoon. That seems reasonable.

1260 Reviews

Supporter

Wed Jul 29, 2020 2:22 pm
View Likes
Elinor says...

@Sheyren ping me on Discord any time.

-- Walt Disney

176 Reviews

Reviews: 176

174 Reviews

Supporter

Thu Jul 30, 2020 4:49 am
View Likes
soundofmind says...

Looks like wfp's back up! If anyone wants to use the collab pad, it's here for the taking: https://soundofmind.writerfeedpad.com/61

590 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 590
Thu Jul 30, 2020 11:02 am
View Likes
Mageheart says...

Thanks, @soundofmind!

(Also, thanks for the challenge. :))

I know the plan is to have Clyde and Rachel start watching the movie in the next post, but @Elinor would you be down for writing another post after that so we can get Noah and Rachel's reactions? I'm definitely okay with writing a post on my own and trying to figure out how other characters would react - since I haven't been able to collaborate on a posts a lot in my own storybooks lately, so I'm used to guessing and then checking later with the character's writer :) - but I thought I'd ask if you were down for that first!

Even though I don't really like planning out my stories, I'm a pretty big planner outside of my writing - so it would be great to figure out what I'm going to be doing when I post next.
mage

[ she/her, but in a boy kinda way ]

roleplaying is my platonic love language.

queer and here.

1260 Reviews

Supporter

Thu Jul 30, 2020 12:51 pm
View Likes
Elinor says...

@Magebird That sounds great! I'm pretty flexible, so just ping me whenever you're free to collaborate.

-- Walt Disney

1260 Reviews

Supporter

Sat Aug 01, 2020 3:25 pm
View Likes
Elinor says...

Sorry for the double post, but I just had another thought.

What if, instead of a documentary, it's a fictional movie? That would be a fun meta thing for me especially since I get asked about every other day if Eagle Rock is a true story - I think it could have been something that got a lot of accolades and the others will really enjoy, but is historically inaccurate.

Then Rachel could keep her secret until the end, and being who she is, she says too much and someone else could be like "how do you know so much about this?" I also like the idea of her raining on everyone else's parade if they all enjoy it as she can get her own head quite a bit especially when it comes to things like her family.

If we do that though we're making up a fictional director for it haha.

-- Walt Disney

If all pulled in one direction, the world would keel over.
— Yiddish proverb